“Great place on the Gulf” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beachside Resort

You added The Beachside Resort to your Saves list
The Beachside Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21905 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Grand Cayman Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% Off Mid-Week Rates
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Great place on the Gulf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Have stayed here before and returned. Room is clean and just as presented. We got a 2 bedroom with the kitchen and bathroom.. Right on the beach! Some construction going on but not really a problem.. Glad improvements are in the works! Beautiful beach. On the quiet end of Panama City Beach. Perfect location! Staff very nice!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Karen D --
Thank you for posting you thoughts on your recent visit. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us When the Windy City is both windy and cold, remember, we're here. We'll see you then.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

thos was my family of 5's first vacation. we stumbled upon this hotel searching the internet. we drove 12 hours from texas w/a 1 and 4 year old and we would totally do it again to stay here. We got a suite w/2 queen beds. it is huge, clean, and has the most amazing view. we wish we had booked it for more than just 2 days. this place is fantastic if you want a low key, quiet, beach access hotel.
-shawn milner

• Stayed March 2015
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Shawn -
Thank you for taking the time to post some thoughts about your recent visit. I'm so glad to see that you and the family had an awesome time at our resort. Hopefully, you'll be able to stay a few more days next time. There is as much, or as little, as you want to do here along the Emerald Coast. We'll see you then.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I chose this hotel based on it's location as I like being right on the beach.
Booking it last minute I was hesitant as I had read some negative review, but chose to ignore them.
I don't even know where to begin with this hotel. Our room was not cleaned properly before our arrival. The windows had stains either caused by chocolate or something very similar. The patio and leftover food pieces of mac n' cheese on the floor (discussing). It wasn't something I would expect for a hotel that charges nearly $200 a night. Everything seemed very dated, but I can tolerate that, I just cannot tolerate dirtiness.
The location was great, right on the beach and just a couple of miles away from the strip. Beautiful sunsets, great for evening picnics on the beach.
But all of that is just doesn't make up for all of the negatives. I would not recommend or ever return.

Room Tip: This and all hotels on the PCB strip have balcony/outside room access. A beautiful little beach sid...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Aida --
I wanted to thank you for posting your review of your stay last summer. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced. We have made many changes to our personnel and our processes that have remedied the issues you experienced in August. Again, thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and I would like to invite you back again. Allow us to prove that we are no longer the hotel you experienced last summer.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I had a breathtaking view of the beach and private balcony. I was surprised how quiet it was. The only thing missing was a stove but i understand maybe there not allowed. The room was spacious and inviting. Staff was helpful and friendly. I definitely will be back.

• Stayed February 2015
I'm so glad to read that you enjoyed your visit. There is nothing like the beach to relax and refresh. Next time, if you need a room with a stove, we also have those available. Again, thank you and I'm glad you had a great time.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Firstly a big thank you to Spenser on the front desk, his lovely smile told us everything was going to be good. And it was we had a room on the 7th floor overlooking the ocean, spotlessly clean, even the carpets. Full size fridge/freezer and microwave and sink in the kitchen area. Perfectly adequate bathroom, not come across a wash basin being just inside the entrance door but it wasn't a problem. Two great big beds, both with 3 pillows each, 2 lounge chairs , coffee table, desk, chest of drawers with 6 drawers. Plenty of good lighting. Door onto private balcony with 2 chairs and table. We went straight down to the heated pool and spa pool, both beautifully clean, abit of maintainence being carried but, it is winter and these things have to be done. If I have to be negative it would be that the hanging area for clothes in the room is small. That said I understand there are larger suites and as we were only staying one night it was ok. We would higher recommend this resort. Just wished we could have stayed longer. Note to Manager Spenser is an asset make sure he's appreciated. Also note the three house keeping ladies we met greeted us charmingly. 10 out of 10.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Morsequay --

Thank you for taking the time to post some thoughts about your recent visit. I'm so glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I'll be sure to pass on your kind remarks concerning Spencer. Spencer has just rejoined our staff, after being away for a bit. It's been great having him back on our team. Again, thank you so much for staying and the next time you're here, we hope to see you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I spent a week here (my second stay) while attending a church conference. The rooms are large. The balconies are great. Even though it was too cold to enjoy the beach and I was tied up during the day, I enjoyed the sunrise every morning and returned to the room at lunch time to enjoy the view. Beds are comfortable. Staff is very friendly.

• Stayed February 2015
Susan L --
Thank you so much for your kind words. I love to read remarks from guests who've been with us multiple times. I'm so glad you enjoyed the views, they are really something special. Thank you again and we hope to see you next time you're down for a conference or time away.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I tried to surprise my wife for Valentines Day just last week by bringing her to Panama City Beach FL because we were married on the beach here 5 years ago and we haven't visited since then we enjoyed everything until checking out and we didn't have hot water I have stayed in much larger facilities and have never had someone tell me it's 100 people checking out so just wait a bit to see if it gets warm after 2 hours they send a maintenance guy that only comes and runs the water to say it's warm and he doesn't know what to do, then I have to deal with the desk clerk that could care less if we had hot water so it was my first and definitely the last time I will ever stay there besides the nonchalant attitudes it was a nicw property I would have just expected more from a small more personal establishment especially after I called and told the lady the occasion

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
I wanted to thank you for letting me know about the issues you faced while staying at our property. I'm very sorry that you were treated that way. I have spoken with the two individuals you mentioned concerning your remarks. Their lack of urgency in attempting to find a solution is not representative of the standards set for our staff. I have also instructed our maintenance team to review all shower temperatures in the part of the building where you stayed. I don't want another guest lacking for hot water. Again, I'm very sorry that you were disappointed and I would like invite back. Allow us to prove that what you experienced was an anomaly and not what is normal. Have a great day.

Been to The Beachside Resort? Share your experiences!