“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beachside Resort

You added The Beachside Resort to your Saves list
The Beachside Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21905 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Grand Cayman Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% Off Mid-Week Rates
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Ozark, Alabama, United States
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This has become my regular stay destination. A little out of the way but I love the location, it is never overly crowded and noisy. The pool and hot tub are great. Being able to sit from my balcony and watch the sun rise and set is awesome. Rates are great too. They are very helpful if you need something taken care. I stayed here for Thanksgiving and it was, as usual, great.

Room Tip: 7th floor is great if you don't want a lot of noise and it is away from the pool. Views are grea...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. I'm so glad that you had another great experience at our resort. I love meeting guests that are staying with us for the first time, but the fact that you've stayed multiple times means so much. Again, thank you and we can't wait to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Might be the season or the fact that the pool is kaput at the moment, but the price here is low. Room is very nice and spacious. It appears every room has an ocean view. We had a nice, private balcony which appears also to be standard. Two nice chairs outside. The beach is right there and easily accessible, though stairs are present. The hot water takes a bit of waiting for, perhaps because there are not a lot of people here. Stingy on the coffee, I would have paid extra for extra "pods." But the front desk did provide more gratis. Wifi was strong and regular. Large fridge and microwave in our room. Very, very clean. Parking near our door.beds were very comfortable and I like the extra pillows. The sunset was memorable and we had a first row seat from the balcony. Very nice

Room Tip: The first level rooms walk out to the beach, but we liked the added security of a second floor room...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the taking the time to share some thoughts about your recent visit. I'm so glad you had enjoyed your stay with us. And yes, there isn't much that beats watching one our Gulf Coast sunsets -- I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I'll be sure to pass on your kind comments to our staff as well, especially our housekeeping team. Again, thank you for posting your review and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Looking for an overnight in Panama City Beach that was on the beach but out of the main hustle and bustle, we stumbled on The Beachside Resort and decided to try it for the night. And we were not disappointed!!

First impression of the exterior from the parking lot was slightly aged, but we also understand the challenges of maintaining a property this close to the ocean and it did not deter us. Plus the area hit been hit by some nasty storms the day before and clean-up was still underway and also needs to be taken into consideration.

Reception area was clean and pleasant, and on enquiring about rooms and local eateries, etc, we found the staff to be chatty, friendly, and very helpful, and the price very reasonable given the beachside location. That sealed the deal for us.

Our room was clean, spacious, and comfortable, with a beach facing balcony just big enough to comfortably sit two while enjoying a refreshment and watching the sunset over the Gulf.

The Beachside Resort is on the outer fringe of the main Panama City Beach business area. A short drive or a long walk. This appealed to us as we prefer places that are away from the crowds (not that there was huge crowds of people at that time of year), but this may put some people off.

There is a diner within short walking distance, however we chose to drive a couple miles to try a local place that was highly recommended. Breakfast is not included, which was not an issue for us

Well worth considering in your plans!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts concerning your recent visit to our resort. I wanted to thank you for the kind comments and I will make sure to pass them on to the staff. We also hope the next time you're up from down under, we will have the pleasure of seeing you again.
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family & I went to panama beach city, this past summer and we wanted to stay somewhere on the beach that didn't cost us an arm and a leg, but was also clean & bug free! We found this hotel, and I could not believe how great it was! It has awesome prices along with clean rooms! They came around every day and cleaned. Everyone was nice, except for a very rude neighbor below us! But, as far as everyone who worked there.. they were awesome & helpful. I would recommend this hotel to all family and friends. & we will definitely be coming back the next time I come to PCB!

• Stayed June 2014
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I'm so glad to read that you had a great time at our resort. Sorry to read about your rude neighbor though. It's always amazed me how someone could be here, enjoying the world's most beautiful beaches and be anything less than wonderful. Again, thank you for letting us know about your visit and we can't wait to see you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our stay was not pleasurable. The beds were extremely uncomfortable, the room did not smell of feel clean. There was no closet and the walls were so thin we could hear our neighbors. The hotel cleaning service came into our room despite the fact that the do not disturb sign was hung on the outside of our door. The staff was not accommodating or friendly. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
First let me thank you for your comments. Guest reviews are a great way for us to find out how guests actually see our hotel. Again, thank you.

First, I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your visit. I am also sorry that we did not have an opportunity to talk about your issues while you were here. I would've loved to have had the chance to make the remainder of your visit wonderful. I am sorry that you were unhappy and once again, thank you for the review.
Interlachen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

the room was spacious and clean with a Wonderful view of the ocean. check in was fast and easy and they were very helpful as to where to shop and eat. the balcony has chairs to sit in and a never ending view. I well definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind comments about your stay. I'm so glad to read that you had a great time. Since the hotel is a bit older, the rooms tend to be larger than newer built hotels. It's one of the advantages to being a mature property. And the view, that never gets old. Again, thank you and we can't wait to see you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed for 3 nights here weekend after Halloween. I'd shopped around the beach front hotels for weeks and this was the best value at $72 a night after applicable discounts. It's pretty far from the beach hustle and bustle if youre seeking the nightlife but it's also quiet and relatively calm so it's a pro or con depending on your intentions or preferences. The elevators are old and noisy but other than that the grounds are pretty average. Nothing was broken or out of order so that's a plus. Not the newest or nicest of hotels by any means but for under $100 a night, it was the best value we found. The room was clean, walls are concrete so noise was minimal, furnishings were fairly up to date, and beds were very comfortable. All things considered we were very satisfied and would stay again.

• Stayed November 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post some thoughts about your recent visit. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. I believe you summed us up very well, "the best value on the beach". Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you need a dose of salt air and sunny skies.

Been to The Beachside Resort? Share your experiences!