“great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beachside Resort

You added The Beachside Resort to your Saves list
The Beachside Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21905 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Grand Cayman Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% Off Mid-Week Rates
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Interlachen
“great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

the room was spacious and clean with a Wonderful view of the ocean. check in was fast and easy and they were very helpful as to where to shop and eat. the balcony has chairs to sit in and a never ending view. I well definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for the kind comments about your stay. I'm so glad to read that you had a great time. Since the hotel is a bit older, the rooms tend to be larger than newer built hotels. It's one of the advantages to being a mature property. And the view, that never gets old. Again, thank you and we can't wait to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My girlfriend and I stayed for 3 nights here weekend after Halloween. I'd shopped around the beach front hotels for weeks and this was the best value at $72 a night after applicable discounts. It's pretty far from the beach hustle and bustle if youre seeking the nightlife but it's also quiet and relatively calm so it's a pro or con depending on your intentions or preferences. The elevators are old and noisy but other than that the grounds are pretty average. Nothing was broken or out of order so that's a plus. Not the newest or nicest of hotels by any means but for under $100 a night, it was the best value we found. The room was clean, walls are concrete so noise was minimal, furnishings were fairly up to date, and beds were very comfortable. All things considered we were very satisfied and would stay again.

• Stayed November 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post some thoughts about your recent visit. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. I believe you summed us up very well, "the best value on the beach". Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you need a dose of salt air and sunny skies.
Camilla, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff is friendly , beach is nice, old but clean. We are coming back soon! I had my special needs nephew and he felt very safe and comfortable. Beds were nice and he even had his own bedroom! Great for the price.

Room Tip: we were on the 6th floor. Awesome view.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share some feedback about your recent visit. I'm so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. Our beach and view are second to none, I'm glad that had a chance to enjoy both. And I'm glad to read that you'll be returning soon. Thank you again.
M
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband & I have stayed here on four separate occasions during 2013 & 2014. Each time, the staff has been cheerful, helpful & pleasant. We noticed a few minor issues at first but we were convinced that they were due to the ongoing renovations. How can you go wrong when everything is new, right? Well, the very reason that made the renovations necessary are happening again. On our most recent stay (October 2014), we were not happy with Beachside. As a consumer, I believe that basic hotel housekeeping, i.e. Cleanliness should be the #1 priority along with ongoing maintenance. Not only does it ensure repeat customers but anyone with business savvy would want to protect their huge investment in a hotel. Our room was NOT cleaned during our stay. We don't believe that the room was even ready for occupancy before we arrived. The first problem was the clogged bathtub drain; wouldn't the cleaning people notice that when they cleaned the tub? Not if they never clean it. The second issue was the absolutely filthy and disgusting carpet which was not even vacuumed during our stay. It doesn't take much effort to steam clean a hotel room carpet. The third issue was the filthy ice bucket. I wouldn't put garbage in it no less ice. The next issue was the dirty tile floors in the entry and bathroom that were not swept nor mopped. Our supply of coffee, coffee cups and condiments was not replenished by the "housekeeper". In fact, the only thing that was done was the replacement of the bath towels. The bed was not made, the floors, the sinks and the bathtub were never cleaned. The swimming pool and hot tub were not clean, either. When we told the front desk about the clogged bathtub drain, the person did not apologize but said that someone would fix it. The attitude seemed to be "just another problem" instead of being "shocked" that there was a problem. They did fix it. It was the same attitude when we had to make an extra trip to the front desk to request the coffee, cups and condiments that should have been replenished; again no apology. Why renovate if the basic upkeep and cleaning are never done?

Room Tip: Make certain you ask for a room with a beach view and a private balcony.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let me know about your visit. This is the best way for me to know what our guests are experiencing.

I would like to offer my most sincere apology for the housekeeping issues you experienced. There is no excuse for a room not to be serviced daily. We have made some additional changes in our housekeeping personnel plus I have communicated this expectation to our housekeeping staff. There should be no misunderstanding on their part.

Also, we are already addressing some of the other issues you mentioned. While we have a plan to have all of the carpets cleaned within 30d days, that is no excuse for your floor's condition. It should have been identified and cleaned. The same holds true for all of the other issues you mentioned. They should have been identified prior to your arrival. I see no reason for it to be different.

Finally, I want to thank you for showing faith in our property by your visits. I do hope that you'll return and see that this was an aberration and not the expectation that we have for our product. There is no returning to "before the remodel". Thank you again.
Montgomery, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

Stayed here last month for one night. The room/bed was nice. Bathroom was really tiny. The bathtub was clogged. My wife reported to the front desk - and they sent their maintenance guy to fix it right away. That was very helpful. The view from the balcony was wonderful. One negative comment that I have is about the housekeeping staff - they do not do good job cleaning the rooms properly.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share some feedback about your recent visit. Let me start by apologizing for the housekeeping issues you experienced. We've had some recent changes in our housekeeping management staff that I believe will go a long way to fixing these type issues. That's not my expectation for our level of service and I'm very sorry. Again, thank you for posting your review and I hope we'll see you back very soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

The hotel is fairly simplistic (no breakfast but there's a chinzy little diner opposite) but clean and comfortable with terrific views. Every morning I'd sit on the room's balcony drinking coffee and watching the dolphins just off shore. It had a nice pool just off the beach with a great little "hot tub" pool next to it. Staff were very helpful, especially Tim. We'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post some feedback about your recent visit. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit. And thank you for the kind words about Tim. I will make sure to pass them on to him. Again, thank you for posting and we hope to see you again very soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014 via mobile

When I walked in all I could smell was a musky odor. View was awesome, but put some time and money into the small bathroom. Mildew in the shower, stuff growing in corners and the vent fan was barely hanging from ceiling. Disgusting stains everywhere and the floor was filthy. The AC unit has mold and mildew all in it and a stale nasty oder. Dead flies in the window sill that have been there for a long time. You will probably blame this on the housekeeping, but you have spent more time on the fancy book in the room than the room itself.
Replace the damn carpet and remodeled the bathroom, you have plenty of room to make it bigger. Just because of the view, I would pay $200 a night, if you defunked the room.
I hate to tell you, but new furniture and fresh paint in a stink hole is still a stink hole.

• Stayed October 2014
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, October 19, 2014
First, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let me know about your experience while you were our guest. Second, I would like to offer my sincere apology for the room issues you identified. Running a hotel on the Gulf of Mexico comes with some obvious positives and but also some issues that need constant attention. It is obvious from your experience that the attention needed was sorely missing. I have placed new policies in place that should keep those items you identified from ever happening again. Guest feedback, both while our guests and online, is my best way of seeing the hotel through the eyes of our guests. Thank you again.

Been to The Beachside Resort? Share your experiences!