“Underwhelmed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Beachside Resort

Save Saved
You added The Beachside Resort to your Saves list
The Beachside Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21905 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Grand Cayman Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% Off Mid-Week Rates
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Underwhelmed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The property was a bit old but for the most part, maintained well.

The room left much to be desired. There was no closet anywhere and, had we been with another couple, they would have had no place to put their closes as there was only a single dresser.

We were expecting a kitchette but what we got was a refrigerator, sink and microwave. No dishes, no cups, no glasses, no silverware.

The bar was open on Friday and Saturday but you couldn't charge to your room, pay as you go.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What a very pleasant surprise. The resort was perfect in every way if you enjoy being away from the crowds. This place is in an area with little to no things for a family with young children, which suited us just fine, as it was just the two of us.
The room was better than I expected. I'm used to staying at Hilton's and Hampton Inns because you know what you'll get, but The Beachside Resort met my expectations. The room was large with a king sized bed with a sleeper sofa and a chair. There was also a flat screen tv.
I expected the kitchen to be old and grimy, but instead it was clean as though it was brand new. There was an oven with a four burner cook top, a large sink and full sized refrigerator, just be sure to get ice because there wasn't an ice trays in the freezer. We brought a cooler with a big zip lock bag of ice that we stored in the freezer. There were pots, pans, cookie sheet, 4 forks, spoons and knives. There are about 3 cooking utensils. Remember to bring a corkscrew if you bring wine. We forgot ours and had to go buy one. It would've been nice if the room had one, but oh well.
The bathroom was fine except for the small sink/vanity area. But even that was fine as long as we took turns at the sink. Our only problem with the entire room was that there was little water pressure at the bathroom sink, but hey, you usually can't have everything right....lol
The staff were wonderful and very pleasant to talk to. Lottie (I think she was in housekeeping) was so very pleasant and funny to talk to. I'm sorry I didn't get other names but everyone was very nice. The room was perfectly clean with no sign of bugs, thank a God!
The a/c was great!
One last thing, the bed was good and firm with decent pillows.

Room Tip: The elevators were a little old and worn but since we stayed on the 1st floor we didn't use it...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you so much for the in-depth review of your recent visit. I'm so glad that your pleasantly surprised. We honestly hear that a lot. i'm sorry to read that you had to buy a corkscrew, all of out kitchen rooms should have those. I'll get with our housekeeping team to make sure they are insuring that everything is stocked as it should be. Also, plans are in the works to have the elevator appearance issues fixed in a very short time. I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to Lottie. Lottie is a true gem, she actually runs our housekeeping laundry. It's one area I never have to worry about, she does a great job. You also mentioned your expectations as they relate to staying at national brands. Just to give you a look behind the curtain, the furniture in the rooms is the same what can be found in Sheraton's and the mattresses are the same brand as those found in Hampton's.

Again,, thank you for the kind words and we can't wait to see you again.
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at the beach for 40 some years and decided to go last minute on a tight budget .....I was very pleased with this property. Good separation of bedrooms, great to have a refrigerator and microwave and kitchen area. Can't beat the view......beds were comfortable, room was clean and staff was friendly. , Wi-Fi signal week, only one restaurant close
WE HAD A GREAT TIME WILL COME BACK

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I wanted to thank you taking the time to post some thoughts about your recent visit. I'm so glad to read that you enjoyed your visit. From your description, it appears you stayed in one of our 2 room units. They're perfect for a family, the kids can have their own room/tv -- and the parents can have some privacy. I'm sorry to read about your issues with the WiFi, it's the curse of concrete construction. I've talked to our maintenance team about focusing on this issue. What's the point of coming to the beach if you can't make your friends jealous with all your pictures on social media? Again, thank you and we can't wait to see you.
Tifton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent a couple of nights as a week day getaway in Panama City Beach. We booked the hotel and prepaid for the room. when we got there the staff upgraded our room to the ocean view rooms, but only after we asked for this upgrade. the hotel was about half full. The property is showing signs of its age and could use some updating, but the room was clean and comfortable. Overall this is lower cost beach front property the is showing some age marks.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback about your recent visit. You mentioned that the staff failed to give you a free upgrade until you asked. We typically are only able to give guests free upgrades as situations allow, I'm happy to see that the staff was able to honor your request for a complimentary upgrade during your visit. As to the condition of the building, it has been here since 1973 and like anyone that age, it does show some signs. However, the rooms were totally remodeled last year, from the floor up, and we are constantly working to nip and tuck on the exterior to keep her in shape. We also have some nice upgrades to many of the common areas (pool, the bar) on the schedule for this fall. Again, thank you for staying and sharing your thoughts. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
ALABAMA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at several places in Panama City Beach usually the Holiday Inn Resort, but this time chose the Beachside Resort and I am glad I did. After a couple of Hiccups with the room that the Friendly Staff fixed immediately, I was very pleased. The Room was one with two beds in the same room along with a chair, TV, refrigerator and microwave. This was a very large room with a balcony overlooking the beach, the beds slept very comfortably, the room was clean and nice. The pool and hot tub were very nice and I loved that the beach was not crowded. If you are planning on visiting PCB, please at least give this place a look see, hopefully you will like it as much as we did. We will be staying here again on our next visit to PCB.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
I am so glad to read that you loved your visit to our resort. I'm sorry to see that you had some hiccups, but I'm glad to know that our staff took care of you and got you back on vacation. The Guest Service team here is one of the best I've had the pleasure of leading. They are all rock stars. And I'm so glad to read that you're planning on returning. You know the weather looks great this weekend, hopefully you can jet down and enjoy it. If not then, we'll be waiting to welcome you back when your able to return. We'll see you then.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was our first time/visit to Panama City Beach Florida! With that said, it was our first time at the Beachside Resort as well! The staff were very friendly upon arrival. The rooms were very spacious alongside with a full refrigerator and sink combo with coffee maker and microwave. For the price the rooms were excellent I'd say! We felt like we ownd the beach due to the distance from the main tourist attractions! I would definitely stay again! See you guys next time!

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
I'm so happy to read that you enjoyed your visit, and I hope this first time won't be the last. You mentioned how you felt you owned the beach, isn't that a great --being able to find some sand without having to share with 9 million other people? It's the same here year round. Our beachfront is so long, even when the hotel is at capacity, the beach doesn't feel crowded. Again, thank you and we can't wait to welcome you back for a second time.
Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was a great place overall, staff was friendly, room was very clean and housekeeping took very good care of us. Beds were comfortable, a/c worked great considering heat index that week was like 107 degrees. I would have given excellent rating except two things, chairs on balconies were cheapo plastic and very uncomfortable and property advertised "free Wi-Fi" and actually there was no Wi-Fi signal that any of our devices would pick up so free or not was a moot point. I took my ipad to get local info and never could get a connection any of the 5 nights we were there at all.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing some thoughts about your recent visit. I'm sorry to read that you had issues with our wireless. We have recently upgraded our number of hotspots and our bandwidth. I've let our Chief Engineer know about your issues and he will be walking with building with a power meter to find and eliminate the blank spot. Again, thank you for letting me know about your visit and I do hope to see you again.

Been to The Beachside Resort? Share your experiences!