“Right Price, Great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beachside Resort

Save Saved
You added The Beachside Resort to your Saves list
The Beachside Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21905 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Grand Cayman Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% Off Mid-Week Rates
Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Norwood, Ohio, United States
“Right Price, Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Nice clean bathroom and two clean large rooms; full size refrigerator and microwave. Staff was friendly. Stayed in room 219 and parked in front of room door. Second floor rooms are parking lot level, easy to unload car. Walk out door and down one flight of steps to excellent beach.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Ozark, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We paid for a gulf view room, we went to our room and quickly realized there was no view. I asked to get what I paid for and they switched my rooms. The room was smallish, I got a single queen bed, mini fridge, microwave, desk and tv. The room had a big window with a wonderful view! The hotel had 1 elevator. And I will say that I did love the room BUT IF I didn't have a gulf room My stay would have been horrible. The non-gulf view was the smaller, no desk, chair or table. It felt like a jail cell.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
I wanted to thank you for posting you thoughts about your recent visit. I'd also like to apologize for the issues you had at check-in. After a bit of investigation, I've learned that one of our newest staff members assigned you to an incorrect room type. I have already spoken with them about insuring they only assign our guests to the room types they've reserved. And yes you are correct, the view is breathtaking. Again, thank you for staying and letting me know about your experience.
Shelby, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just got back from staying at Beachside Resort. The entire staff was awesome - Will & John at the front desk were especially accomodating. Rooms were beautiful, we didn't find them small at all. Beaches were pristine & beautiful. Our room did not get cleaned but in the "about the resort" book it says staff is not allowed to move personal things and the kids' clothes were on the floor and toys on the bed. That was the only complaint. Pool & hot tub were clean and kid friendly. Beach access was easy and the view was incredible. We'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time at our resort. I'll make sure to pass your kind remarks on to Will as well, he's been a great addition to our Guest Service Team. I'm sorry to read about your housekeeping issues, but you are correct, we try to not move or rearrange a guest's personal belongings. It's a fine line at times. Sometimes that will keep our staff from making a bed or vacuuming everything in a room. Again, thank you and we can't wait to welcome you back.
Ozark, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here recently on a "winging it" weekend. We were able to look at a room before we decided to stay.
Stayed in a king size gulf front efficiency. Room had fresh paint, new kitchenette & appliances. Bed was comfy, best part..There was a double size ottoman for the couch.
Two faults. I'm fussy about the bathroom. I didn't think the toilet was very clean, so I ended up buying my own cleaning supplies & cleaning the toilet, tub, sinks & counter tops myself. Second, saw one baby roach and ants on the morning of checkout.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts concerning your recent visit. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us. I would like to apologize for the issues you mentioned. Expecting a bathroom to be cleaned to your expectation is not be fussy, I've already talked to our housekeeping time to make sure they are taking the time necessary to insure that everything is clean and ready prior to the room being available for rental. Again, thank you and we hope to see you again very soon.
Franklin, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel is right on beach with awesome beach / ocean views. Customer service is OK (nothing great to appreciate and nothing to complain). The rooms are very small though (10 X 11 size). Not too far from pier park, restaurants and pubs (5-10 mile range).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post some feedback about our property. I'm sorry that you thought your room was small. From your description, it seems you stayed in one of our rooms with One Queen bed. These are our least expensive room with most having a hallway or city view. They are perfect for the couple pr individual looking to stretch a dollar while staying only steps from the beach. When you return I invite you to try one of other room types. They are all Gulf Front and provide either Gulf Front balconies or semi-private patios. Plus they are much larger than normal hotel rooms, I think you'll be very happy. Thank you again for the feedback.
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We love this hotel bc of the gulf front rooms - the views of the beach are awesome! The pool & hot tub are great, too. Now there's a poolside bar, The Reef, run by Ginger. Friendly, knowledgable & creative, she made our visits a great experience! Gotta give a shout out to Nicholas our chair service guy. He took good care of us on the beach & kept our umbrella at the right angle! Love this place!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you so much for posting your comments. I'm so glad to read that you had a wonderful time at our resort. Thank you for the kind comments about Ginger. She's been a rock star in the bar all summer long -- if you need something cool and tropical, Ginger will set you up. Also, thank you for showing faith in us by returning again and again. We can't wait to welcome you back.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First the customer service here is outstanding. Will, at the front desk, greeted us at check-in and couldn't have been more accommodating. John, the Manager, was so gracious as to allow us to check out 1 day early and gave us a refund for that day. This was only because of that annoying fire alarm test that went on for many hours - my boyfriend was working from his laptop and it was impossible for him to get any work done. Thank you John.
Second, the rooms are very nice and clean. The beds are comfortable. The showers and toilets are clean. The carpet was clean. Nice large refrigerator with a small clean kitchen.
Third, the hotel is right on the beach and the balcony is a decent size with an ocean view.
Fourth, there is plenty of places to park. Unlike the last place we stayed where the lot was so small.
We would definitely come back to visit here again. The staff was great. The place was clean. We had a wonderful time.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post some remarks about your recent visit. And I'd also like to apologize for the fire alarm testing. As I told your fiancee, let me know the next time you're coming our way and I'll make sure you have nothing but peace and quiet. I'll make sure to pass on your remarks to Will as well. He's been a wonderful addition to our front desk team. Again, thank you so much for staying and we can't wait to see you again.

Been to The Beachside Resort? Share your experiences!