“Moderate Hotel, Good Customer Service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Beachside Resort

Save Saved
You added The Beachside Resort to your Saves list
The Beachside Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21905 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Grand Cayman Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Win a FREE Week
Ranked #14 of 53 hotels in Panama City Beach
Inverness, FL
“Moderate Hotel, Good Customer Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is an older hotel but has been updated somewhat, OK but nothing special. It's right on the beach so nice view; pool & hot tub average but needed some updating, nice lounge chairs and roof top above Tiki bar was a quiet bonus area. House cleaning wasn't the best, tile floor in kitchen area and bathroom needed mopped and carpet needed vacuumed. Our bathroom tub had a drainage problem and advised front desk when we left. We stayed in one of the King rooms w/kitchen and a nice large room just a few steps from the pool (114). We ended up cutting our visit short due to bad weather and the staff was very understanding and happily gave us a refund for the days we didn't stay. This hotel is on the quiet west end of Panama City Beach and there really isn't much in the area for restaurants. I would have loved to be able to get coffee and/or b'fast on site and will look for that in a hotel next time. Fyi, there is a restaurant next door but less than impressive. All in all, I appreciated the helpful and courteous staff at the front desk but not terribly impressed with the hotel.

Room Tip: 1st floor is actually downstairs but is beachfront and opens to pool area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

If you want a hotel in the middle of the "action" of PCB, this is NOT the hotel for you. If you want a clean comfortable room on the quiet end of the beach, this is THE PLACE to go! We had a double queen room with a balcony overlooking the beach. The room was large with plenty of space for our family. It was clean but the bathrooms are tiny so be prepared. That said, there was a second sink in the kitchenette. The beach wasn't crowded which we loved. The pool area is also a nice area. Service was excellent with everyone we talked to. Dining options are limited around the hotel (Sunnyside Grill across the street is awesome!), but there are several good options within a short drive. We had a wonderful time and it had a nice "Old Florida" feel to it.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Having never been to PCB before, I didn't exactly know where to stay. I picked this hotel because of the reviews and the price. After I saw those skyscraper condos at the busy end of PCB, I am SO GLAD that I chose Beachside Resort. The beaches down there were jam packed. Ours was not busy at all. Big deal if you have to drive a couple miles to a restaurant. We had a two bedroom queen with full kitchen and balcony. The views were great. We turned the desk into a kitchen table by pulling in the balcony chairs when we needed to. We cooked in the room a couple of times and it was really nice to have the oven and refrigerator. The only thing I would suggest would be to put a larger trash can in the kitchen area -- it was never large enough. The beds were comfortable, the shower was adequate. I hate to even say anything bad about the housekeeping because they were all so nice, but that was the only thing I would say needed some work. One day we didn't get any clean towels and all our soap and shampoo disappeared. All it took was a call to the front desk and they were very prompt in getting us what we needed. I don't think our sheets ever got changed even though they are supposed to change them every third day. I say this because there was sand in the sheets that I had to keep brushing out. If I ever come back to PCB I will stay here again, and I will recommend this to my friends.

Room Tip: Stay in a room on the end (501) and you have the added benefit of a balcony in the front to see the...
St. Cloud, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Omg, I loved this place! After searching and searching on tripadvisor for hotels in the PCB area, I came across this place. Normally I'm a little timid about "non-chain" places. The kids really wanted a hotel on the beach so I thought "okay, for 2 nights, it'll be fine, if we don't like it, it's only 2 nights". Man....I wish we would've stayed here the whole time! I really liked the fact that we weren't right in PCB too.....you're a ways away from the huge crowds, the busy streets, the noisy night life.
Check in was a breeze and Tim was awesome! Oh...I better back up. I had sent an email asking some questions. John, the manager, wrote back very promptly. I had to email him 2 more times after that with questions and each reply was friendly, quick and professional. He's really what made my mind up to stay here...so thank you John! Back to Tim, when we checked in (we had reservations) he asked us which floor we'd like. I thought that was really unusual, but I loved it. I don't know if it's because when I made the reservation I asked for a lower level room. I am terrified of elevators, and I don't mind carrying luggage up 3 floors, but I didn't want to go any further than that :)
Okay.....we got to our room. Excellent! The hotel is built much like a house with a walk out basement. Our room was on the main level from the parking lot, but from the back we were on the 2nd floor. Parking was never a problem in the lot for us. Our balcony overlooking the Gulf was amazing! I don't know if the windows open or not, we kinda tried, but couldn't figure it out if they do. We had a regular 2 queen room with full size fridge, microwave and sink. Bathroom has toilet and shower/bath in one room and vanity on the outside. Loved that! We had an armchair with floor lamp, and work table with chair. The only thing that would've made the room better would be to also have a table and chairs. But I'm guessing the bigger units have those. Wifi worked just fine!
Woke up the next morning and headed outside to the beach. Lots of great seashells. Saw a couple of very small jellyfish and some little crabs further down the beach. There's a guy that sets up lounge chairs with pads and umbrellas. I believe his rate was $40 that day. I don't know if they fluctuate. This was on a Saturday. He was never pushy and from what I can tell never approached anyone.
The water was perfect with just a bit of algae/seaweed. Being that I grew up swimming in lakes in WI and MN, this was nothing! If people want to see algae, just head up there!
The swimming pool onsite is so clean and perfect temp! We didn't use the hot tub, but it looked wonderful as well.
My only negative was housekeeping the following day. We spent the morning at the beach and came up at noon to eat lunch. We saw the cart outside our room, but when we went in they hadn't come yet. That was okay, so we ate a quick lunch thinking they wanted to get in our room and clean. We headed back to the beach after eating and came back up at 3:30. Still no housekeeping. So then I was thinking "maybe they don't have housekeeping if you stay multiple nights". We all wanted to shower so I went to front desk to ask for towels. Tim was there again, friendly as ever. He had someone bring us towels. He did say that they do provide housekeeping every day.
The gentleman that brought us towels was very pleasant and said housekeeping should be along shortly.
We were heading out to supper around 4:30 I think it was and I saw a housekeeper. I asked her if our room was next and she said yes. I said we were heading out to eat so that was perfect timing.
Got back from eating and kinda laughed. No fresh towels, I don't think she swept or vacuumed and the way she "made" the beds was kinda funny. She basically through the blankets just back up on the bed. No big deal, but you just kinda expect more than that. She did take our overflowing trash, so that was a plus.
The beds were amazing, the pillows were wonderful and I still call it a perfect stay even those housekeeping was below par. If I knew that I'd get the housekeeping you expect, I'd totally stay for a whole week here! The A/C worked great and we didn't hear any noises from outside the room....slept like a baby! Whew...I think I covered everything! Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: I don't think you can wrong with any room at this hotel!
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and our two teenagers stayed at the Beachside Resort from July 14th to the 17th in the two queen rooms set-up. We were on the third floor, which gave us a great view of the beach right over the top of the palm trees. The first morning we were there, there was a thunderstorm moving in, and a beautiful rainbow appeared over the beach. It was breath-taking! The next day, we had a pod of dolphins swim by the beach, only about 10 yards away from some swimmers.
The room itself was clean, nicely painted, and well-appointed with an amazing view. There was a very large picture window, and the balcony had two chairs and a little table on it. It was wonderful sitting out on the balcony during that thunderstorm that went through; we stayed dry and still got to savor the view! There was a full size refrigerator in the room which came in handy for us to store leftovers and drinks. The only downside of the way the suite was set up was that the bathroom had a very small shower stall.
If we visit Panama City Beach again, we will definitely stay again at the Beachside Resort. I had spent quite a bit of time reading reviews in search of a reasonably-priced but still nice resort on the beach, and I am very pleased I chose the Beachside Resort!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a private balcony on the third floor or higher for the best view.
Huntsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Overall this was a wonderful place to stay and we will definitely be back next summer to stay again. It's directly on the beach with stunningly beautiful views from the beach front rooms. Service was fast, nice, and helpful. Rooms were simple but nice and clean. Very comfortable beds! I haven't had that good of sleep in a while. Very good value for the room and the location of the hotel. The beach area here was a lot less crowded than some of the other beach areas and that's definitely a plus. Just a short drive from all the local attractions/restaurants (about10-20min depending on where you want to go). I loved my stay here and can't wait to go back next summer!

• Stayed July 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Is not upscale by any means, but is right in front of the beach! The location is perfect, close enough but away from the loud masses. Check in was quick.We got a room in the top floor and the view was spectacular. ok, is not perfect, the bathroom might need some TLC. the AC also might need a new filter, but it was blowing cold air 24/7. For the location and price, there is nothing better around.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Beachside Resort? Share your experiences!