“Really loved this budget beach hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Beachside Resort

Save Saved
You added The Beachside Resort to your Saves list
The Beachside Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21905 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Grand Cayman Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2 Nights & $50 Water Fun
Ranked #14 of 53 hotels in Panama City Beach
Atlanta, GA
“Really loved this budget beach hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Husband and I stayed here with teenaged daughter. We really like the separate sleeping areas and kitchen. The price was great for Fourth of July weekend. The best part was the beautiful view from our balcony. The ocean was wonderful, very little seaweed and the currents weren't bad where we went in. The staff was friendly and efficient. The beds were very comfortable, and I sleep on a temperpedic at home! Wifi was great and free!
Parking was fine, pool was a little crowded. Not a 4 star hotel, but much better than many econo rooms I have stayed in!

Room Tip: Higher up has better views, away from pool for quietness, pay extra for separate queen if you have m...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

From the time we checked in we had regrets. We changed rooms twice (once due to a very loud air conditioning unit) and overall the hotel was dirty. Cobwebs in the foyers by the elevators, dirty elevators, and nasty carpet. Housekeeping was lazy and rude. When we checked in, the coffee basket still had an old coffee packet in the coffeemaker but the worst was the stale, mildewy shower curtain. I smelled it immediately upon entering the room. The second day housekeeping came but did not replenish any supplies. We went to the front desk ourselves to ask for more coffee and shampoo/conditioners. On the 3rd day it was 4 o'clock and housekeeping had still not been to clean. We found a housekeeper on our hall and politely stated our room hadn't been touched. She replied in sharp tone that she would be to see us next. We won't be back and I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. FYI: My husband forgot to lock the car our last night there and my GPS was stolen out of my console. Need I say more?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Let me start off my apologizing for the issues you had while staying at our property. A clean and fresh room ready for check in is my expectation every time, no exceptions. I am very sorry that my staff failed to deliver that expectation.
Frankfort, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel itself is nice, clean & neat, the staff is cool and polite, and the views are great! The pool is a little small, the second bedroom in the 2 bedroom suite isn't much of a room, & there's a lot of wasted empty space. However, it is a good location far enough away from the clutter but close enough you can still make a short drive (7 miles from the "strip") & enjoy delicious food & attractions. Another thing that bothered me is that it seemed over ran with lower class, rough, ill-mannered people. This normally would be no problem other than the fact they dominated and controlled everything. It was evident they didn't leave home much. They took over the pool and filled up all the chairs and tables (there's very few places to sit to begin with.) They went to the beach late blasting loud music into all hours of the night, setting off fireworks, screaming & yelling, running up and down by our doors. They left beer cans and bottles laying wherever and trash cluttered where they say. Not to mention they shattered bottles all along the beach where numerous people walk barefoot every day, just a horrible accident waiting to happen. It's like they didn't pick up anything. Every morning my family and I would get up & pick up a trash bag full of trash that they had left the night before, the broken bottles in the sand was the worst (the morning after the fourth was appalling, what's so hard about picking something up and putting it in a trash can?) oh and trash cans are located literally every six feet on the beach! It's hindering that people can be so rude and ignorant! Even the beach guy putting up the chairs and umbrellas commented on their lack of intelligence. They had no sense of communication skills and couldn't even murmur up a wave or slight hello when walking past. RUDE! We also encountered a lot of issues of people throwing stuff off their balcony, which is a felony down here & will lead to immediate eviction & turned into the sheriff office. My sister was hit with an Oreo and strawberry, my mom had water poured on her. The pool is small as it is & when you add big blow up floats then you have no room to move, this was a constant issue. My 8 year old sister couldn't even swim some nights because they'd all be in the pool playing and had no awareness of others around them (splashing, throwing balls, yelling, cussing, smoking, drinking, & kicking whoever is in an arms reach). If it were kids, I'd understand. But they ranged from 2 up to 50 years old. It's as if they wanted it to only be them so they spread out and took up as much room as possible & they were rude about it. Flat out red necks. I feel as if a minimum night stay was required, then the quality of the crowd would improve. For this fact my family and I are probably going to look for something different next year, but it was a nice hotel.

Stayed July 2014
I wanted to thank you for your remarks. I'm glad that your issues seemed not to be with the hotel. This 4th of July was one of the busiest the beach has seen for over 20 years. Local media has been reporting for the past couple of days on the beachwide trash issues and the crowds that showed up over the holiday. There are governmental mechanisms in place to take care of many of these issues but, from the news reports, these systems were overwhelmed by the size of the crowd. Again, thank you for your comments and I invite you down on another weekend, I believe you'll see our side of the beach in a different light.
Scottsboro, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was our best trip to Panama City Beach. The hotel was clean and affordable. We liked that it was at the end of beach. It was private and not crowded, even during the forth of July holiday. The staff was very friendly. The beds were very comfortable and the air conditioner worked great. The only draw back was that there are not enough ice machines. This is a great place for families with children or a couple on their honeymoon that want a quiet locale. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure to book a room that does not over look the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share some thoughts about your recent stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to our property. You mentioned the lack of ice machines, we are actually adding an additional machine and are looking for other ways to mitigate the issues with the ice machines. Again, thanks so much for spending some time with us, we can't wait to see you again.
Dalton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a 2 room queen suite with an ocean view balcony on the 5th floor and it was glorious! The front desk employees were great and allowed us to check in early since we arrived before 4. The room was very clean and well decorated. The beds were very comfortable with lots of pillows. The beach here was fantastic! Beaches on the northwest end of PC rule. We would definitely come back to Beachside.

Room Tip: Rooms in the tower building seem to be quieter and more family friendly.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Mandi --
Thank you so much for the kind comments about your recent stay. I'm so glad you had a great time, and you're right -- our beaches beat anyone else's beaches hands down. Next time you need a bit of time on those beautiful white beaches, we'll be waiting.
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at this hotel from 6/21/14 to 6/25/14 in the Two Rooms with Two Queen Beds with Balcony view.

It was awkward when you walk in there's one bed. You walk thru and there's a refrigerator sink and microwave. Then you have the other room with the other queen bed which also has the TV.

The only place you can hang your clothes is the first room. There is plenty of wall space in the other room where the other bed is located to have a place that you can hang clothes. There is a chest drawer that you can store clothes in but it would be nice to be able to hang your clothes in this room also.

The shower is small but you learn to live with it.

They only cleaned our room 1 day that we were there and that was after complaining several times. The other complaint I have is while we were there, there was a group of younger men there and they appeared to have a jambox and had it blasting so loud that all the rooms around it could hear the music clearly. Don't get me wrong I love music but not while I am trying to rest. I did inform the front desk and they said they would see to it....maybe they did...maybe they didn't because the music continued for days.

The hotel is away from the main drag of Panama City Beach but it was nice to basically have the beach to yourself....it was never overcrowded at all.

I would return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for leaving some feedback about your recent stay. First, let me apologize for issues you had with housekeeping. This is not what I expect from our staff and I've addressed this with the housekeeping managers. Also, let me apologize for the issues you had with loud music. I'm sorry that my staff failed to take care of the issue the first time you mentioned it. I have a "one strike" policy with guests that are infringing on the peace and quiet of others, it's obvious from your remarks that this policy was not followed. Again, I'm sorry for the numerous issues during your stay, but I do hope that you will return again and allow us to prove that what you experienced was the exception and not the rule.
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A good friend and I wanted to take a road trip to the beach, but were on a budget and we didn't want to stay in a "roach motel" either! I was skeptical about the quality of this hotel because of its affordability, but I am glad we risked it because we definitely made the right choice! It is noticeable that they put in a lot of time, money and effort into keeping this hotel nice and still affordable. We chose a room on the "parking lot side" which meant we didn't have a balcony or beach view (which we were okay with - we wanted the cheaper option, and knew that we were only going to use the room to sleep in - spend our days out on the beach or at the pool!). The room was very nice, and the bathroom was renovated and very clean. AC unit was very quiet and worked great! I loved that the room felt dry - a lot of beach hotel rooms just feel like everything is damp, especially the floors and linens, but this was not the case! Really impressed. The front desk staff were very attentive, kind and accommodating. Don't be swayed by reviews saying that housekeeping didn't stop by - the housekeepers were great (VERY busy - be understanding - they have a ton of rooms to go through!). The pool was great (loved the chaise lounge chairs!), the poolside bar was awesome, the beach was beautiful.... What more to ask for?? It was about a ten minute drive from "the strip," but we wanted to be further out from the crowds, so this location was perfect. I would definitely go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Jenny --
Thanks so much for the gracious comments. I'm so glad that you had a great time. I'll also pass on your comments to our housekeeping department. I often kid them about being the "James Brown's of the hotel", the hardest working folks on the property. It is a tough and often thankless job. Thank you for noticing their dedication. Again, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and we can't wait to see you again.

Been to The Beachside Resort? Share your experiences!