“Hotel stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Beachside Resort

Save Saved
You added The Beachside Resort to your Saves list
The Beachside Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21905 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Grand Cayman Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Win a FREE Week
Panama City Beach
“Hotel stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It was nice and clean. I liked how the beds were separate and in a room to itself. I also liked the kitchenette part with microwave and refrigerator. I also liked the view from balcony. We would stay at The Beachside Resort again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to post some feed back about your recent stay. I'm so pleased to read that you really liked your time here. I'm also glad to read that we might be seeing you again. Thanks again for posting and we'll see you again soon.

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Friendly staff accommodating gorgeous view recommend room 702 complete with kitchen and private balcony beds are comfortable dolphin stingrays sightings right from your balcony. Who could ask for more love it

• Stayed April 2014
I'm so glad you loved your stay. I never grow tired of the awesome view myself. Again, thank you so much for the kind comments and we hope to see you again soon.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My first time in Panama City Beach chose The Beachside Resort after reading all reviews. Perfectly located right on the beach.The room was very nice with privet balcony, facing the ocean. Easy and very friendly check in and out. Unfortunately, I don't like the idea of going to the beach and pay for chairs. $25 daily fee.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent review. I'm so glad you had a great time. I noticed you mentioned our beach service vendor. Our beach service folks are a private company that has been doing business on the beach for almost 20 years. There is a cost to renting their equipment, but it is in line with any of the other providers along our beach. They also have a full range of water sports available (jet skis, parasail, boat rentals etc.) if you ever want to try your hand at one of them. Again, thank you so much for your comments and we can't wait to see you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a lovely family vacation at the resort!!! From check in to check out everything went smoothly!!! The front desk was very pleasant and helpful!!! The rooms were beautiful with an amazing view!!! The kids enjoyed the pool and the hotel bar was great!!! Thank you for a wonderful time!!

• Stayed April 2014
I wanted to thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent visit. I'm so glad that you and your family had such a great time. I'll make sure to pass your kind comments on to our staff. And thanks for mentioning our new bar. I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy it. Again, I'm so happy that you had a great time and we can't wait to see you again.
St Augustine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our hotel stay. I asked for an upgrade from a single room to a double. I totally expected to pay but they charged me nothing! The room was huge. Beds were comfy, the view spectacular and the room more than satisfactory. I would most definitely stay again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
I'm so glad you enjoyed your time at our resort. Thank you so much for sharing your comments. You mentioned the spectacular view. I never grow tired of seeing it myself, so I'm so happy you had a chance to enjoy it. Again, thank you for leaving your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We returned to Beachside Resort this winter after leaving 2 years ago and can only say we are so happy that we came back. We left because the previous owners had not updated the motel in so many years. The new owners have made the Resort a wonderful place to get away from the northern cold and snow. All the winter residents are very friendly to all newbies who want to be included in their activities. The staff is very professional and willing to help if needed. Going back to the Beachside was like going home again. Beachside is a family friendly Resort with lots to do close. The beach and gulf is just a few feet from the resort and if you like sitting on the balcony watching the sunset then this is the place to be.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
I wanted to thank you for sharing your thoughts about this winter's stay. And we're so glad you decided to come back home. It was great having you here and we can't wait until winter . Let's just hope there's a bit less winter next year. We'll see you then.
Augusta, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After reading reviews on Trip Advisor, our experience here was a real shocker. Our single queen room was 11' 10" square. There was a dresser opposite the bed which allowed just enough room to pass by. There was no chair; if you wanted to sit down you could choose the bed or the toilet. The only flat surface anywhere was the dresser which was made unusable because the tv was on it. No closet. The drawer on the tiny nightstand was rendered unusable by the AC unit which blocked it. There was a small ribbon window high on one wall which was so high you couldn't see out. It's the kind you usually see in a bathroom; the result was you felt like you were in a closet. The walls were paper thin. The bathroom was tiny.

The beach area is fabulous and the hotel provides nice beach furniture. Although we didn't use the pool, it was a well maintained area and very appealing. There is also a raised deck, with very nice chaise lounges, chairs, and tables. Staff is friendly. Wifi is very good. In contrast to most other hotels we have stayed at in the past 14 days, everything in the room worked and it was the only hotel with a textured floor in the tub.

Because other reviews are so good for this hotel, I would recommend that if you decide to stay here, ask not to stay in room 238.

Room Tip: Stay away from 238.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I wanted to thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at the Beachside Resort. First, let me apologize that you didn't enjoy your stay. The room that you choose, our Queen with an Inland View, is our coziest most economical room. If you're single or a couple, looking to save some money but still vacation on the beach, it's a great choice. If you're need more room to spread out and seeing sunsets from your balcony is important, then another one of our room types might be a better pick. .

Again, I'm so sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay However, I do hope that if you're by this way again, you'll give us another chance. I sure you'll be satisfied.

Been to The Beachside Resort? Share your experiences!