“No Parking Spaces, No Clean Linens, No John, we wont' be back!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Beachside Resort

You added The Beachside Resort to your Saves list
The Beachside Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21905 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Grand Cayman Motel)   |
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Birmingham, Alabama
“No Parking Spaces, No Clean Linens, No John, we wont' be back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Location check! Sundeck check! Only reasons for Poor vs Terrible rating. We had an awful time finding a parking spot at the MOTEL each night (stayed 3) after dinner. The CSR at the desk offered to 'give up his prime parking spot and let us have it'...........He said they owned the area ACROSS the hwy. When I told him "yea, thanks that would be great of you"........he looked at me in disbelief. HA! Needless to say, he didn't budge from behind the desk and we parked ACROSS the busy hwy in the rain! Granted we stayed over a weekend when things are busier. We were never issued a parking pass? Too easy for anyone and everyone to just pull up and park, patron or not....most RESORTS have security officers? As far as housekeeping goes.....my, my, my......I kid you not folks.....someone needs a lesson in changing the sheets and putting on fresh linens! There was hair all over our sheets?! Phone didn't work, so hubby went to front desk, was told housekeeping staff were gone but they would make a report and our room would be serviced ASAP in the AM. So, we scraped off the hair, crossed our fingers/toes and went to bed! Next morning hit the beach and stayed til after 6PM.....Guess what? No maid service....now keep in mind, we have shelled out close to $200 a night for THIS. On our last day, we got clean sheets...I asked the housekeeper if she had received a report about our 'hair issue' she replied "Ewww...No, I didn't know a thing about it but I would not of wanted to sleep on hair either". Yea well, hey the beach was nice............;c)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
I'd like to thank you sharing your feedback about your stay at the Beachside Resort. I wish we had been able to talk about these issues when you stayed in June. Now on to your comments, I would like to apologize for the issues you had with the cleanliness of your room. There is no excuse for your bed linens not being clean or for the lack of service. You mentioned experiencing some parking issues during your stay. While we do have more hotel front parking than many of our competitors, like them, when the hotel is at capacity we are forced to use our overflow parking just across the street. Sadly, it is the concession made to be this close to the Gulf. We also provide parking passes for our guests (they were ordered in June and weren't delivered until early July), plus we employ security staff during certain times of the year.

Finally, again, I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay but I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove that what you experienced was an exception and not the rule.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We've been coming to PCB for years but decided to try The Beachside Resort for the first time and I'm so glad we did! The room was spacious and beautifully remodeled. Great view and beach access. It's away from the PCB crowd but still close to our favorite restaurants and attractions. The staff were all very friendly. The kiddie pool was AWESOME! By far my kids (3 & almost 2) favorite thing about our trip! I'm so excited we have found our new family vacation spot! We can't wait to book next years trip!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Wow, thank you so much for the great comments!! I'm so glad that your kids had a blast too! It's great being a "classic" hotel -- so many of the new rules keep things like Kiddie pools from being built. No so here, plus we've got an old-fashioned big people pool with an actual deep end. So hopefully, we'll be seeing you for lots of years to come!! And why wait till next year? The beach is great in the fall and the spring too!! Again, thanks for being so kind and we can't wait to see you all again!
Sedona, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

my room was big, but had no frills at all...i was surprised to even find bath towels...
BUT...the beach is right there...and it is lovely...
i could of moved in for awhile..

great views and convenience...and i felt my car was safe in the lot as well...
the AC was ridiculously loud, but hey it was better than NONE...the previous complainer could of just turned it off..opened up the door to the private balcony and listened to the ocean....

Room Tip: i had a 2nd floor, which was parking lot level...so i did not have to carry my things very far... t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thanks so much for providing some feedback about your recent stay. There is nothing like being able to sip coffee while enjoying the soothing sounds of the Gulf. We're so glad that you found us and we can't wait to see you again!
Fayetteville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just stayed one night on a Friday before moving on to 30A. Everything coming from the West was full. No kitchen set up at all. Beach is good. Pool is good. They are working on it. Hope their money holds out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback about your stay at the Beachside Resort. I'm sorry you were only able to stay one night. You mentioned no kitchens, we have multiple room types to satisfy any need -- from cozy rooms with inland views to spacious King rooms with sofa beds and full kitchens. All of our rooms include microwaves, hotel coffee pots and fridges, with most fridges being the full sized variety. Again, thank you for sharing some thoughts and we can't wait to see you again!
Alexander
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had originally planned to visit New York City and Washington, D.C for my honeymoon, but a family member recommended The Beachside Resort and after talking to my new wife, we decided to head to the Gulf Coast rather than the East Coast. As soon as we arrived, we knew we had made the right choice. The Beachside Resort is located at Laguna Beach and away from the high-traffic areas of Panama City Beach. We stayed in room 126, a king size room with a couch and kitchen. Being able to cook our own meals was great and the full-size fridge was very convenient. My only complaints is we were short on bowls and spoons and when we called the front desk to ask for additional items, we were told "There's a store down the road." Housekeeping showed up at 6:30 p.m. the first night and only on request on the second night. After a talk with Drew at the front desk, housekeeping was on the ball about 10 a.m. the rest of the week. Drew was a big help anytime we needed something and we look forward to going back soon.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room with a kitchen. It's definitely worth it unless you plan on eating out for...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm so glad you decided to celebrate starting your life together at the Beachside Resort!! First off, Congratulations!! Second, thanks for the kind remarks about Drew. Drew is a great staffer and I'll make sure to mention your nice comments. Again, Congratulations and we hope to see you both again very soon!!
Covington, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very nice area of the beach, not crowded. We had a 3 day stay and enjoyed it. The hotel was recently remodeled and had full size fridge and microwave. Staff was very nice and greeted us whenever they passed us. Very pleasant experience. Also was fairly quiet for the amount of guest staying there during our visit. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments amount your recent stay at the Beachside Resort. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. I will also make sure to share your comments with our staff. Again, thanks so much and we can't wait to see you again!!
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I booked this room for the 3rd week in July and booked it about 3 weeks out for a week stay. I also placed a request with the desk clerk to have a room available on the 7th floor. When I arrived the room was not available. But was told that we could enjoy the pool and change there in the bathroom area by the front desk. The check in time is set for 3:00 pm and I was unable to get in to my room until around 5:00 pm. and was given a room on the 5th floor. First off upon booking this reservation I did read the reviews and considered them all. My main priority was a clean place to stay and a place on the beach. My greatest disappointment was the fact that I stayed in the room for three days before any housekeeper would even come into my room and service it. I had to ask at the front desk for a service that should come standard. The fact of matter is that I would not have minded but at some point the sand needed vacuum up and I was ready to walk back in my room and have it refreshing and clean. I had asked for my clean linens and emptied my own trash daily. On the 4th day I called to request service and I was reassured it would be done. Returned to my room by 5pm and nothing, no maid service. I call the front desk and they apologized and said they will still send a house keeper up. Regretful, that too never happened. Well here's the deal, with a few minor things this hotel could be a great stay. In my opinion there was not efficient enough lighting in the bathroom and also the exhaust fan did not work at all. Pool hours could be extended past 10:00 pm. Of course house keepers doing their jobs and management making sure of that. I repeatedly witnessed different members of house keeping taking random smoke breaks hiding outside and quite often. Some of them even laughing and joking telling me they were hiding!! So this tells me that they do not value their job or care what is expected of them. With all of this said I did rate the room good and the value good because with the remodeling I do think the rooms were spacious enough and also were clean upon arrival. Like I said a few minor details and this place could be a lot better. Positive notes: The internet connection worked and worked well for us. The location is well away from the crowds and I liked the cafe across the road called Sunny side cafe. Breakfast lunch only. Most affordable and within walking distance. My last thought on this property is that by calling this a resort is not what a typical resort offers, more like a hotel or motel. No fitness area. No breakfast or any area to consider. No entertainment and no amenities. The front desk is in a small room with only 2 chairs and a bathroom. Which is where you'll need to go if you visit the pool area as the pool area has no bathroom or changing area nearby. Would I stay again ? Probably, but only if it was at a very reasonable rate as it needs to be in comparison to what it has to offer.

• Stayed July 2013
I wanted to thank you for sharing some feedback about your stay at the Beachside Resort. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay! Also, I would like to thank you for your reports about certain members of our housekeeping department. The issues with no service and the non-professional attitude of certain members of the housekeeping staff are totally unacceptable. I have expressed my concern with the housekeeping manager and we have taken steps to alleviate this behavior going forward. Again, it was unacceptable and I'm truly sorry.

Once more, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope to see you again in the near future.