“Super nice, very spacious rooms, excellent location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beachside Resort

You added The Beachside Resort to your Saves list
The Beachside Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21905 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Grand Cayman Motel)   |
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Cochran, Ga
“Super nice, very spacious rooms, excellent location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Newly renovated! Everything was fresh and new. Very nice extra large room. We had 2 nice queen beds and plenty of room for our inflatable bed we took along with us. The room had everything we needed. A full size refrigerator, microwave, kitchenette with sink, coffee maker, new air conditioner and free WIFI. I'm using the hotel WIFI now to left this review and we had no connectivity issues. The pool is very nice and there is a grassy courtyard with palm trees near the pool area. I love the hotels location. We are down the strip away from the party animals and traffic. Low automobile traffic in this area. The beach is not crowed either. This is a great hotel for mature adults and families. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I've vacationed in Panama City Beach for over 30 years and I consider this the best hotel for the price. We drove up and down the strip shopping for a room and the prices were much higher at the other hotels down the strip. We lucked up when we walked in here. Unless you are willing to pay big bucks to stay in the other newer hotels, this is the place to stay. I'm marking this place for all of our future visits to Panama. (this is June 9, 2013).

Room Tip: All rooms have a beach view. Ice is on 3rd floor near elevators.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I am so glad you had such a great time at The Beachside Resort!! We have been working on the new Beachside for almost a year, it's been great having guests in and letting them see all the changes and upgrades. Again, thanks for sharing the feedback and making us your go to in PCB -- we look forward to seeing you soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Grand Cayman Motel (aka Beachside Resort) in May of 2013...except for the lack of WiFi in our room. When we called the motel prior to our visit we were told that every room had great WiFi connectivity. This was not true. Our laptop could not even see either of the two WiFi access points in the hotel. Both access points are located in/near the office/pool area. As a result, there was no coverage beyond 75 feet from the office/pool area. I tried to use my phone's personal hotspot feature but AT&T's cell data coverage is almost nonexistent on the west end of Panama City Beach. All in all. we still enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms near the office/pool area have access to WiFi. The other rooms do not.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
I am so sorry to read that you had problems with our Wi-Fi. I understand how frustrating that can be. We have recently upgraded the system and there are actually hotspots scattered throughout the hotel. I was wondering if you could contact me at jlee@innisfree.com and let me know which room or area seemed to be the issue. That will assist with us narrowing down the problem area and assuring that another guest doesn't have a similar experience. Again, I am so sorry about this, but I do hope that you will come back and be our guest again. We'll see you then!

Been to The Beachside Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Beachside Resort

Address: 21905 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Grand Cayman Motel)
Location: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Panama City Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Swimming Pool
#8 On the Beach Hotel in Panama City Beach
#13 Family Hotel in Panama City Beach
Hotel Class:2 star — The Beachside Resort 2*
Everything you need to create unforgettable memories is right here, including the world’s whitest beaches, beachfront pool and hot tub, comfortable newly renovated rooms, and hospitable service 24 hours a day. You’ll find the sugar white sand of Florida’s famous Emerald Coast beaches steps from our doors. We’re conveniently located at the quiet end of Panama City Beach, Florida close to local attractions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your The Beachside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Grand Cayman Hotel Panama City Beach
Hotel Grand Cayman
Sea Witch Motel

If you own or manage The Beachside Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.