“No-frills, peaceful and worth checking out!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunset Inn
Save Saved
You added Sunset Inn to your Saves list
8109 Surf Dr, Panama City Beach, FL 32408   |
Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Columbus, Ohio
“No-frills, peaceful and worth checking out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

My parents have been going to PCB for about 10 years now, and every year they stay at the Sunset Inn. I have stayed there a few times myself. My husband and I stayed there again as the rest of my family for Thanksgiving 2009. This is a no-frills motel for sure. If you think about why you are traveling to PCB, it's not to stay inside a room all day long. The location is perfect in my opinion. It's off of Thomas Drive, which I feel is more of a quiet, residential area versus the noisy, party scene. They are located right on the gulf and have breathtaking views of the ocean. They are not too far from any place one might need to visit while on vacation - the store, restaurants, the shopping mall (Pier Park), entertainment. St. Andrew's State Park is also nearby - definitely worth packing a picnic and visiting while in PCB. The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly. From what my parents have said, there are two couples that own the place and they alternate every 6 months in running the place. I wouldn't know because the times that I have been there, the staff was always very friendly. If you are looking for a nice, relaxing time at the beach, you should check this place out. The majority of the customers here are snowbirds and older vacationers (fine by me - I'm 29 and enjoy their company!) Overall, never been disappointed with this place!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Pensacola
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

We were meeting up with friends who were staying in a condo, so we only needed a place to sleep. We were pleasantly surprised with our room, very clean and the bed was comfortable.
There are 3 separate buildings to the Sunset, Ours was just across the street from the main/office building. We were not on the beach but for our needs, we didn't need to be.
There was a kitchenette in our room which came with sink (separate from bath) microwave, mini fridge and toaster. Also a coffee maker but beware THEY DON'T SUPPLY COFFEE IN ROOM. THEY ALSO DON'T HAVE AN ICE MACHINE on the property.

This motel does not have electronic keys or some of the fancier things found elsewhere but if you don't require these things then this could be a great place for you. The pool was well kept and there are plenty of lounge chairs and tables for relaxing. The owners are extremely friendly and kind, definitely family oriented.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dresden, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

i was very pleased with our recent stay of 5 nights at this small family operated inn right on the beach. the facility was so clean. all of the staff was very efficient and friendly. the rooms and suites are very well maintained. i was traveling with 2 10 yr. old boys and this was perfect for us. there is a large partially covered deck area with picnic tables and grills overlooking the beach. plenty of lounge chairs on the deck also. pool area is kept clean; plenty of lounge chairs and umbrella tables w/chairs all around.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Me and my husband, mother and mother -in-law LOVE this place and they are very friendly. A great place to relax and have fun with friends that we have met in past years and still meet when we can.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
LaGrange, Ga.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

I was looking for an inexpensive place for a couple of days with my boys and a friend recommended this place. Right on the beach, nice pool, great people. It was great for the price. Not the Ritz but was very clean. Great family place. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel! You can walk right out of your room and onto the beach. For the price, you can't beat it. Clean rooms, clean pool, friendly staff.
Full fridge/kitchen area is nice when traveling on a budget. A/C works extremely well and there's a dehumidifier in the room. (Bonus!) We were right next to the pool, yet didn't have any noise issues.
Schooner's is right down the street and has the best food, atmosphere, etc.

Notes:
Pay the extra $20 for the gulf-view room. Totally worth it.
Bring your own bath towels if staying for more than a couple of days. There's are clean, but not the greatest.
If you plan to use the dishes, bring dish soap. They charge $5 if you leave dirty dishes but soap is not provided.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Cartersville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

I was told about the Sunset Inn by a friend that has been going for years. I made my 1st trip there last year and had a wonderful stay. We went back this year and had a wonderful stay. It is clean and the owners will go out of their way to please. The pool side is well kept and pool is immaculent. It is out of the way, quiet, and a perfect place for rest and relaxation.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunset Inn? Share your experiences!