“Spring Break Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunset Inn
Save Saved
You added Sunset Inn to your Saves list
8109 Surf Dr, Panama City Beach, FL 32408   |
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Panama City Beach
indiana
“Spring Break Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Just back from our Spring Break trip with friends and my daughters. We had a 2 bedroom condo like I have every year and as always my room was spotless when I arrived. When I checked in Ann had told me that they really had to scrub the room to some Spring Breaker boys that had rented it. Well I couldn't tell they had even been in there. This place is a smaller complex but makes you feel like your at home. It isn't fancy but has everything I've ever needed. The kitchens are well stocked so when I cook some of the meals in the room I have everything I need.
The beds are ok and theres plenty of room if you have several people staying with you that you don't feel like your on top of each other.
The pool area is kepted really clean and the pool is heated.
I always rent my beach chairs from Anthony. He is a great guy and really takes care of his customers.
Sunset Inn is a great place to stay and I plan on coming back here for years. I've gotten to know several people who come here year after year and enjoy talking to them. Everyone makes me and my family feel Welcomed and all the new people that I 've brought with me loves it too.
Keep up the good work!!! See you next April.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
atlanta, ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

This Hotel is on the beach...I stayed in a ground floor Efficiency (room w/king bed, small stand-up shower, fridge, coffee maker); clean sheets, firm bed - no frills room (i wasn't looking for any); I got EXACTLY what I expected and paid for - which was a bed to catch some z's; we had a 5 BR Beach house rented also; the hotel's location was exactly 1/10th of a mile from the beachhouse making it very CONVENIENT; VERY friendly service (Ann - owner); wonderfully "heated" pool (open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.); they have rooms with kitchenette's and 2 BR Condo's too; pay CASH to get the best deal and only book with Ann (owner) as she will work with your budget; you will get it straight from her and get what was promised.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

My 5 friends and I stayed at the Sunset Inn during spring break. We booked it late, but was still able to get a 2 bedroom condo for a cheap price. When we first got there we were not impressed because the hotel's exterior wasn't as nice as the others and it seemed ghetto. However we kept an open mind. Our hotel room was very clean and nice. We were across the "street" but it was more like a driveway. There was very little traffic at all if any. The beds were not very comfortable, but we only slept a few hours a night so it didn't really matter. The beach wasn't crowded so we had our own space. We also met some new friends staying a couple rooms down. Every night we all got together and sat outside and played music and partied. Nothing was ever said to us. Also, it's a very short distance to all the restaurants and clubs/bars. You could walk or drive. I had a very good time and not only are my friends but the new friends we met are planning on going back spring break '10!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Calhoun
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Better than pictures and very confortable. We enjoyed every minute and look forwarf to other adventures. Thanks again!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Enterprise
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

The hotel itself was very clean. I did not want any daily maidservice though and they came in without me being able to tell them not to(No do-not-disturb sign). There was a flaw with the faucet, wich soaked the carpet every time I tried to use it. The beds where to firm to be comfortable.
But what made the stay uncomfortable was a dark haired female, who belonged to the familly who just inherited the place. She kept asking my partner questions about himself and if he had a girlfriend. At the pool she constantly stared at him, not even caring that I was right there. This made us both uncomfortable and we did not think of this as very professional behaviour.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

We were supposed to be staying at this hotel BEACHFRONT for THREE DAYS. However, they call us a day before we are supposed to check in to inform us that they have "double booked" our room. So, they put us in a room across the street for the first two nights, and we were supposed to be moved back to beach front on the third day. Which seems ridiculous to me, why would I want to move all my crap around multiple times?? Then, on the day we were supposed to change rooms they call our room and tell us to come to the office. Then they take our room keys, and give us keys to a new room ACROSS THE STREET. Not on the beach like they said. So after they inform us of that, then they tell us that our room isn't clean yet. We were so fed up with the service and the aesthetics of the hotel that we decided not to stay the third night. Upon asking management for a refund, they told us it wasn't "company policy" or some b.s. not to mention they weren't even going to give us a refund for the differences between the prices of the beach front room and the one across the street.

NOW, on to the quality of they hotel its self. I have never stayed in a hotel as ghetto as this one. I am by no means well to do and 90 bucks is a lot to pay for a hotel room when you can pay 50 for a nice hotel room somewhere besides PCB. So, I expected it to be nice. WRONG. Our furniture was scuffed and missing pieces, the carpets were stained and dirty and looked like they hadn't been vacuumed... EVER. The bathroom floor hadn't been swept and there were hairs on the towels. Not to mention our room smelled like beer and the bathroom smelled like armpits. In order to actually stay in this room I went and bought sheets to lay over the top of the bed and a giant can of Lysol. I refused to walk on the floors in that room without shoes on.

So, if you can stand (------) service and disgusting hotel rooms, by all means this place is for you. Oh and by the way, they wont give you a military discount in the spring or the summer because it's their "peak season" so good luck with that.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
N. Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

We could not get a place in PC for a total of 4 nights together due to the ball teams there so I called the Sunset Inn to see if they had something for one night and Ann checked and got me in a 2BR condo for a night and she went out of her way to try and get me in for the 4 night total but it just wouldnt work. Now on to the condo, I have never stayed in one of the condo's at Sunset Inn but have stayed in the regular rooms hey these Condo's are super nice and clean and very roomy. They are across the street but the street can barely be called a street is has very little traffic and is easy to cross. It was a shorter walk from across the street to the beach than it was at the crappy condo we ended up staying at for or other 3 nights (RT condos) see my review of that. I will see Ann again next year Stay here it is nice and family oriented.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Sunset Inn? Share your experiences!