“Love this place!!!! Diamond in the rough! Best place:-)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunset Inn
You added Sunset Inn to your Saves list
8109 Surf Dr, Panama City Beach, FL 32408   |
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Love this place!!!! Diamond in the rough! Best place:-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Let me start by saying I will never stay anywhere else again! We stayed in the townhouse and I couldn't believe that this is what I was getting for the price I had to double check lol it was 2 full bedrooms ( beds were comfortable) with 3 full baths plus a full kitchen and a washer and dryer :-) it was really clean (I am a clean freak) so it passed the test! We rented it for 3 nights but ended up staying 1 more night :-) the owners were great:-) the pool was wonderful the kids enjoyed it:-) I can't say enough about how great this place is :-) I only wish I would of found this place a long time ago:-) Whoever stays here will not be disappointed:-)

Room Tip: If you have a big family and want to have a "home" fill try the townhouse :-) plenty of ro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
nh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Sunset Inn in Panama City, Fl. last week. The room in the new building was very clean and just the right size for two people. Being right on the beach is a big plus. We could enjoy the sound of the waves sitting on the balcony. Owner very helpful in recommending places to eat.
One big downfall was the bed. It was very Hard. Not firm, but hard, which was not good for a bad neck and back. Therefore, I slept on the sofa every night, which was not too good, but better than the bed. That was my only complaint. Other than the bed, it was perfect. I would go back anyway and sleep on the sofa again if I had to.
Location, Location, Location.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the new building. all new, and private.
Jasper, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Sunset Inn. The owners were nice and shared good information about places to eat. We stayed in room 206 which is a second floor room with a balcony and two queen beds and it included a full size refrigerator, stove and microwave with sink. The best part is the view. The room we stayed in is dated (beds a little too firm) but they just remodeled some of the rooms and bet those are nice. Now, this is not a condo with all the elevators and people everywhere. It is a hotel with a couple of properties there together on the beach and across the street. There are two pools. The one across the street is quieter and we enjoyed going there. This would be a good place to have family get togethers as there is a back deck with grills for anyone to use.

We enjoyed Anthony's Beach Service for chairs and umbrella. The service begins about 8:00 am and they start breaking down everything around 5:00 pm. They check on you and move the umbrellas as the sun moves and have rental items including a sailboat my husband and I went out on. The prices for two chairs and umbrella were $30 a day or $55 for two days and better prices longer term.

Places we enjoyed eating include Hognose Snapper (favorite), Saltwater Grill, Liza's Kitchen, Schooners (old fashioned beach restaurant), Finn's Island Grubb. I will review these restaurants for you.

Overall, it was a very good long weekend trip and we will be back! This place is all about the view and for families with small children a first floor room would be perfect! The second floor better for more privacy.

Room Tip: Upper level gulf view for quiet, lower level gulf view for families and groups.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Fourth or fifth year here, can't remember, but We LOVE IT, Simple clean , comfortable , old fashioned , family owned hotel. No nonsense, allowed. reasonably priced, Away from the main strip so no noise at night, from passing cars.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had a really nice time here. We loved the location. It is a family friendly place. There wasn't any load cars going by, no parting, and enough space. We took our three kids and i am glad it was like that. And there was enough stores and restaurants around you could walk there. I plan to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
Dahlonega, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much when I booked it, but the price was right so I went with it. I arrived and was so surprised! The beds were comfortable but the rooms were immaculately clean! There are 2 places to eat within walking distance, but you have to run across a pretty busy road and there are no crosswalks: The Hog-Nose Snapper had good food but our waitress wasn't very good, and Captain Jack's Buffet - we only ate here for breakfast (twice), but it was good (and I would have loved to try their dinner buffet).

It's .7 miles from the "main drag" with all the go-carts and drink-til-you-puke college kids, which was what I was trying to avoid, so it's a great little place to stay!

The pool is nice and Anthony from "Anthony's Beach Service" rents the beach chairs and umbrellas. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Enterprise, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

You never know what your going to get when you book a beach hotel that you have never been to before but we have found our families home base for trips to PCB. My husband and I came down for a last minute getaway and as I was booking the same day I had to go down the TA list for places to stay and I was getting more concerned with each call. This is a family run hotel and we stayed in their new building that they just recently renovated. The room was very clean. My husband is very picky about hotels and this got his approval! It was very quiet. The bet was comfy. Thanks for a very relaxing weekend away! We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new building.