“Ocean view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunset Inn
Save Saved
You added Sunset Inn to your Saves list
8109 Surf Dr, Panama City Beach, FL 32408   |
Ranked #6 of 47 hotels in Panama City Beach
Norcross, Georgia
“Ocean view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a wonderful view of the ocean ! The room was very clean and the staff was wonderful.The only thing missing was an ice machine.We will definitely go back !!! We had heard about the hotel from a friend that has been going there for years and now I can see why.I read some reviews (mostly good ) and did have a few concerns,but every thing I had read,that was not good,I didn't find to be true.What's that old saying ? You can't please all of the people all of the time. And some people you can't please no matter what ! I would go back in a heartbeat !! I had a FANTASTIC time.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just got home yesterday and had a great trip to PCB and Sunset Inn. Sunset Inn is like home away from home everyone gets to know each other. Jim and Chris was there everyday to take care of any needs you might have. I did get to tour the new building that they just bought next door that use to be Andy's and they have spent a lot of time and money in this place and it really shows. They also built a new pool so now the properties has 2 pools. You can't go wrong staying here. Anthony continues to service the beach chairs and umbrella and much more for Sunset Inn. He is a great guy and does a great job taking care of all your needs plus keeps the beach clean. If you have any questions about Sunset Inn just ask.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

In some cases on line pictures give a good idea what your choice is going to be like. This time, unfortunately they don't. The hotel is in need of some serious "tender-loving-care". Room wall paint is not the best and light fixtures should be replaced. The hotel itself is at the east end of the island which is not high end. A short drive west on Thomas takes you to the high rises and restaurants. Other amentities are non existant. No tissues, towels are thread bare etc.
Now the good side. Staff are very nice & friendly. View of the beach (and the beach itself) are great. Area is very quiet which goes good for many families. All-in-all it's a C+ and OK for many who aren't looking for high end. stays. My wife & I will probably not go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ringgold, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I was so excited to find Sunset Inn. Even when I called to find out if they had a room available, the lady that answered the phone was intent on helping me but also on helping the current customers in the lobby.
Sunset Inn is surrounded by other large condos and resorts. They are on the east end of the Panama City Beach close to St. Andrews State Park. We stayed in a room in what used to be Andy's Motel. The room had a queen size bedroom with a door that gave us privacy (teenage son), Kitchen (fridge, sink, coffee pot, toaster, cabinets, enough dishes to cook and eat with,stove/oven, and a microwave), bathroom, and a living room area with a table and chairs and a sleeper couch, plus a balcony facing the ocean. We also had 2 flat screen tv's.
For $145 a night the first days of August, it couldn't be beat.
The beach wasn't crowded because we were not in a tower full of people competing for space on the beach.
They have 2 pools on the property but we didn't go swimming.
I can't wait to plan our next trip. If we decide on PCB we will definitely use Sunset Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the new part if you want smoke free. They are implementing it in their older buil...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hopkinsville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband decided at the last minute to have a quick trip to the beach for my birthday and a back to school get-a-way for the kids. Condos were booked solid an required a full week. We only had four days. I saw the reviews, made the call, and book our room. We loved it! We met really nice people, loved the deck and all of the grills, and the location to the shoreline was spectacular! Was it the Hilton? No! Was it more than worth the cost? Yes! Never have we grilled and not gone out to dinner until this trip. We grilled twice! Loved it all!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Can do some maintenance on the doors in room and in bathroom....very hard time opening......Otherwise is a great place to stay with family or like a couple...clouse to everything...nice beach ...nice service....friendly owners

• Stayed July 2012
New Iberia, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I visited PCB for our 1 year anniversary. I was left with the job if finding a place to stay. I'm not a huge fan of big high rises or their prices. I found Sunset Inn while searching google of hotels in PCB. I looked on tripadvisor at the reviews and was intrigued. After a 7 hour drive from Louisiana my husband and I were pleasantly surprised! The few negative reviews stated that the hotel was terribly outdated and some said dirty. Our room was immaculate and cute! We tarted in the new updated rooms next door to the main building. Our room had fresh paint, new tile floors, a wall mounted flat screen tv and new furniture throughout (all dark cherry wood!) I called the day before to reserve a room so all I was able to book was a queen room with a full kitchen (fully stocked) which was perfect for my husband and I. Our room overlooked a very nice deck with umbrellas and nice tanning furniture and tables and chairs. Which was very comfy and had families eating meals or just hanging out through out the day. There was also beach access right outside our door! We didn't have to use the main beach access at the main building. There was also buildings across the street that were multi room condos I believe. There was also a very nice pool across the street that my husband and I used the most (less kids.) The property was littered with beautiful hibiscus plants and many others. :) There was also beach service which we didn't use. But did talk to Anthony a couple times, very nice guy. Our room was cleaned every day and we got fresh bath towels and dish towels. Cleaning service was also very friendly. This place is definately family friendly with 2 pools big for kids and parents to Enjoy. All attractions were a short 5-10 minute drive away. The rates were unbeatable! We stayed 4 nights for $95 a night!! Not sure if you could beat the price elsewhere while still getting amazing quality. I most certain recommend this hotel for anyone visiting PCB. :)

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Sunset Inn? Share your experiences!