“Y stay anywhere else” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunset Inn
You added Sunset Inn to your Saves list
8109 Surf Dr, Panama City Beach, FL 32408   |
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
indiana
“Y stay anywhere else”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

Like my title says y stay anywhere else. This place is the best. Its ran by a family and they are always there to help or fix anything that needs it. They are so nice and treats you like your part of their family. I have 2 daughters that comes with me an 8year and a 17 year old and they love it here. The same families comes back here time and time again. We've gotten the know several of them and can't wait to go so we can talk to me. You won't find a place any better then this. Its clean, pool is warm and clean and the rooms are great. My 17 year old bought her prom dress down here and when we was putting it in the car we ran into 2 of the owners( which were men) and she just had to show them her dress. They told her they liked it and it would look great on her. Thats the kind of people they are.
If you need to rent chairs down at the beach thats no problem. Anthony is always there to take care of you. His chairs are in great shape and well taken care of. He works very hard at his job and I know I don't tell him enough how great he is. I never worry about a chair when I come here to stay. I hope he stay here forever!!!
If you have any questions about the place let me know, I"ve been coming here for about 6 years now and love it here. You can't find a better clean place to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Summerville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Came to PCB on a moments notice and stumbled up on the Sunset Inn!! We loved it! Great location and the staff was wonderful!! Nothing really fancy! But it was nice clean and a joy to stay there !! We loved it! If you haven't stayed here! You must try it out!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

My mother and I stayed at this inn while on vacation for a week. I was recommended by a friend who has stayed there every year for the past seven years. We met many people and families who make this inn a family tradition each year. We opted to stay on a beach front room instead of across the street.

The room was wonderful and large. The kitchen perfert for keeping our food costs down. While the hotel did not include beach service, there was a young man who could provide it for you at a fair price. While the inn is older, you will find the staff (family) perfect and easy to deal with. The pool is in the center of the complex by the road and not beach frong but they offer well maintained chairs and table and the traffic is very light. This is a safe place for children. It also attracts visitors wiithout children like my mother and I. However, if you want to party, do not stay here. I don't believe the owner would tolerate the noise. This is a good thing and one of the reasons I will come back. Aside from the age and stairs to second floor (so worth the effort), I can't think of any cons. A wonderful stay.

I look forward to going back next year.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Centre, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Very clean rooms, no sand in rooms, carpet, tile, bathroom & kitchen very clean as well as the pool area & ocean side deck. Staff very nice & accomodating. Beds very comfy. Full size frig in all the kitchens along w/stove/microw/pans/dishes (take a little dishwashing liquid). Parking could be a little better & I wish the condos were gulf side for when my friends travel with us. But for just the 2 of us it was perfect! It will be great for people that don't have to have 2 bathrooms or don't necessarily have to the bedrooms separate from living area. On a quieter side street & we didn't hear a thing but the ocean at night. Not fancy but a great value for the money! Was our first stay here but will definately be back! WE CAN'T WAIT TO GO AGAIN!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

I had been told about this "last Mom and Pop motel in Panama City Beach" by friends, so I read up on it. The majority of the reviews written were positive, but I was still a little skeptical. "Would it be comfortable? Clean? Safe?" Decided to give it a try when my family had planned our annual quick weekend trip to PCB. Figured that if we didn't like it, we'd only have a couple days, and not a whole week. We were all very pleased with the rooms (and not ALL of us are easy to please)! I got a 1BR/1BA condo for myself and hubby, with a 3BR/3BA Townhouse next door for my sister/hubby/kids/2 grandmothers. Both were very spacious, CLEAN, and decorated nicely. We've stayed in many, many nice high rises in PCB (usually stay in a friend's place @ Emerald Beach Resort for this trip) and Sunset Inn can hold it's own with most of those! Our rooms were across the road from the pool/hotel and beach area, but it was just a very short walk and the road never had any traffic (mid-September). I planned that for the privacy, but asked the management to show me the motel rooms with a beach view so I would know what to ask for next time. One of the best things about this place is the access to the beach! Beautiful, wide expanse of white sand and ocean! (When we've stayed in some high rises, we dread the trek to the beach on the elevator, thru the resort, and then still a long walk to finally get things set up for an all-day stay--'cause after that walk no one wants to go back to the room until you have to!!) The management, of 30 years, was extremely friendly and accommodating, as was the "beach umbrella" guy, who had also been at that spot for 24 years. For the price, when I compare it to many places I have stayed and paid much more, this place is great! I'm sure it's much more crowded in the summer, but still think it would worth it if you're looking to spend less on accommodations, but still be in a very clean room. I'll definitely plan to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

My parents have been going to PCB for about 10 years now, and every year they stay at the Sunset Inn. I have stayed there a few times myself. My husband and I stayed there again as the rest of my family for Thanksgiving 2009. This is a no-frills motel for sure. If you think about why you are traveling to PCB, it's not to stay inside a room all day long. The location is perfect in my opinion. It's off of Thomas Drive, which I feel is more of a quiet, residential area versus the noisy, party scene. They are located right on the gulf and have breathtaking views of the ocean. They are not too far from any place one might need to visit while on vacation - the store, restaurants, the shopping mall (Pier Park), entertainment. St. Andrew's State Park is also nearby - definitely worth packing a picnic and visiting while in PCB. The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly. From what my parents have said, there are two couples that own the place and they alternate every 6 months in running the place. I wouldn't know because the times that I have been there, the staff was always very friendly. If you are looking for a nice, relaxing time at the beach, you should check this place out. The majority of the customers here are snowbirds and older vacationers (fine by me - I'm 29 and enjoy their company!) Overall, never been disappointed with this place!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Pensacola
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

We were meeting up with friends who were staying in a condo, so we only needed a place to sleep. We were pleasantly surprised with our room, very clean and the bed was comfortable.
There are 3 separate buildings to the Sunset, Ours was just across the street from the main/office building. We were not on the beach but for our needs, we didn't need to be.
There was a kitchenette in our room which came with sink (separate from bath) microwave, mini fridge and toaster. Also a coffee maker but beware THEY DON'T SUPPLY COFFEE IN ROOM. THEY ALSO DON'T HAVE AN ICE MACHINE on the property.

This motel does not have electronic keys or some of the fancier things found elsewhere but if you don't require these things then this could be a great place for you. The pool was well kept and there are plenty of lounge chairs and tables for relaxing. The owners are extremely friendly and kind, definitely family oriented.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunset Inn? Share your experiences!