“Great Location and Magnificent View” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Flamingo Motel
15525 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Offers & Announcements
GREAT SUMMER RATES
Ranked #7 of 53 hotels in Panama City Beach
London, Kentucky
“Great Location and Magnificent View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed in the tower which faces the gulf and includes a balcony. This was a highlight. I don't think I would enjoy staying across the road. I much prefer and gulf view. The tower is seven floors tall with seven rooms across each floor. We were in exactly the middle room of the tower which we thought was kind of neat! The unit was roomy with two double beds and a separate room which included a couch and small table, full kitchen, full size refrigerator. The shower was great. I like a lot of water pressure and this one was perfect. One thing I was surprised about was the lack of ice. No ice machine, and no ice maker in the freezer. So we had to freeze our ice cubes. The motel did sell bags of ice, but we didn't want to fool with that. The elevator was useless for us. It was always busy or just slow. Since we were only on the 4th floor this was not a huge problem for us. We did not mind walking the stairs. Parking at the immediate tower was a little scarce, but there were plenty of spaces across the street. There was quite a lot of traffic which made crossing the road a little difficult, but we were fine. The Flamingo is located in a perfect spot, near Pier Park. We would get out at night and walk to the major restaurants and shops in Pier Park. This was a plus. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. I would definitely stay at the Flamingo again, in the tower.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower with the gulf view!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

365 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was my first trip to Panama City Beach and the Flamingo Motel. I was there for six nights and fell in love with the place. The Motel was nice and well maintain. It is located in the perfect spot....close to everything. The Staff and even the guests were friendly. You needed anything, directions, recommendations, you name it and the staff was there to help you. I plan on returning again this fall and staying here again. I highly recommend this place to everyone. Next trip I will be by myself and will feel safe here.

Room Tip: My room was facing the garden, which is beautiful. I only had to look to my right and see the beaut...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
nashville, tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I loved my stay here. I was just planning my next trip and I remembered I hadn't reviewed my recent stay. I want to be sure everyone knows what a wonderful place this is and to not hesitate for a second when booking your next visit to PCB.
My recent visit was a short get-a-way for my mother and me. We flew in and didn't want to rent a car so we needed to stay somewhere we could easily walk to food and attractions. This place absolutely fit the bill. We walked to Pier Park for dinner every night and there were other restaurants within a moments walk for breakfast and lunch. There is a small store across the street and even a liquor store nearby if needed.
We stayed in a cabana room. I can't go on enough about how much we loved the room. The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. When you exit the room, you are on the beach within a few seconds and a few steps. The cabana rooms are level with the beach but you can see the water. I thought the room might be damp but it wasn't, at all. It was far more comfortable than I could imagine.
The grounds were very nice and well kept up. The afternoon staff was excellent. There is one lady, Deborah, I think, who should be giving classes on customer service. She was fantastic. The location can't be beat. The other guests were just as nice as they could be. What a wonderful place to stay.
I am not the most positive person you will ever meet. I tell it like it is and I'm telling you, I would not hesitate to recommend this place. I will be back in the fall and whenever I visit PCB from now on.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LaGrange, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Everything was nice at the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay. I liked the fact that we had more than one pool to use and that the beach was only a few steps away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I read a lot of reviews for this motel, some good some bad. Overall not a bad place to stay. IF you are staying in to Cabana's (these walk right out on beach) if you have AT&T you will not get service. The Wi-Fi at this motel is iffy, was told that hard for signal to go thru concrete and rebar in the Cabana rooms. (Wonder how it works in say the Days Inn's). Good Wi-Fi signal if sitting on the beach. Anyway back to the rooms, We stayed in 107 , 1 bed sep area, 1 bed in front part of room. old outdate furniture other than that, Room was clean spacious. Did see dead roaches outside of room, did not see any in room. Very limited parking at motel. Overflow parking across the street. No breakfast or coffee in room.

Room Tip: cabana are beach walk out, there are room that are at pool level that have a great view just not bea...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This by far is my favorite place to stay at in PCB-- make sure u get a room in the tower-- private balcony overlooking the gulf--prices vary but let me assure u, it's worth it!! Great location too,, close to shopping at Pier Park and dining options too and within walking distance....Enjoy

• Stayed June 2012
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

When you have a beachfront site, guests have a certain expectation. I don't just want a view. I want to hear and smell the ocean. This place blew it. The bed was at the front of the suite - too close to the street/parking lot, so we woke to the beep-beep-beep of the crane carrying the painter to the top floor at about 7:45 a.m. If the sleeping area was at the back end - and there had been a slider or screen window, at least - we could've slept to the lullaby of the surf that pounded all night.
Water in the shower could have boiled shrimp. Way too hot.
Toilet paper was behind a sitter, low to the floor. You need to do a yoga pose just to grab it.
There was no shampoo, not even a clock.
But the rate was reasonable and the afternoon staff friendly. Not so the morning crew.
We won't be back.

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view, ask for the higher floors because the windows facing the beach on the low...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Flamingo Motel? Share your experiences!