“Great Stay and Will Stay Again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Flamingo Motel
You added Flamingo Motel to your Saves list
15525 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Nashville
“Great Stay and Will Stay Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The Tower rooms are very nice for the price and the view is spectacular. The hotel has a hot tub, two nice sized pools, one heated, and plenty of seating overlooking the ocean. The staff was superb, very friendly and accomodating, and checking in and out was a breeze. There is plenty of parking, which is also nice. In fact, I chose Flamingo at the last minute because Sugar Sands overbooked me without telling me until I arrived, but they recommended Flamingo as an alternative. I'm most happy with how things worked out, as Flaminto is centrally located and in walking distance to Pier Park, which has a wide choice of restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. The Tower rooms are equipped with a kitchenette, stove, microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. You'll want to pack essentials like coffee filters, paper towels, coffee, shampoo, etc., if you are staying for a period of time. Overall, this motel offers a great deal for the vactioner who simply wants to enjoy the beach, explore the area by foot, and enjoy R&R time. I will definetly be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
bridgeport al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have stayed at the Flamingo several times, finding it clean, friendly efficient staff, and rooms that suit our needs from just a get-away for my wife and me, or a room that will hold kids, grandchildren. The brick deck is unique, offering a great view and a place to cookout. The pool in the garden area is partly shaded, while the other pool is in full sun. Never had a problem with the room, staff, reservations period.

Room Tip: Look at the motels website. It shows which rooms have ocean views etc. It also has accurate pictur...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband, myself, and our 3 daughters, ages 2-10, stayed the weekend before last and it was beautiful. I'm very picky about motel rooms because of the kids, and this place met all my expectations. We had 2 queen size beds and a pull out in a seperate space, a full size kitchen with all the ammenities, and a heated pool..It's right in the beach and has amazing views. We come to PCB once a month and we have found ournew place to stay...$59 !!! You CANNOT best that price for such a nice place..and the staff are super nice as well :)

• Stayed January 2013
carrollton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My family and I have stayed here twice during the peak summer season and have loved it. You can't ask for a better location or price. The beach was never crowded like it is at some of the huge places. The room was clean and comfortable. I never saw the first bug or anything that was dirty. I can't imagine what these people who left negative comments are talking about. When I go to Florida, I am looking for clean and cheap and this is the perfect place for me.

Room Tip: We have only stayed in the tower so I can't speak for the other rooms on the property.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
CANTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at The Flamingo.
Our tower room was clean and the beds was very comfortable.We did not see any ants or bugs like some of the other reviewers commented.The view from our balcony was beautiful.
Our only complaint was no ice machine and limited parking in the front .
The staff was always friendly and willing to answer any questions we had.
We would stay again at The Flamingo.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Montgomery, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My first thought, "How did this hotel get so many good reviews?!"

My family frequents PCB a lot for vacation, but we have always stayed in condos. However, my husband and I were just passing through PCB for 1 night and needed something convenient and preferably inexpensive. I remembered a co-worker had suggested this hotel a few years back (something I would later regret remembering)!

The exterior of the hotel was cute and it seemed to be kept up. They were able to get us a room facing the ocean on the 1st level for around $50. There wasn't any parking available, so we had to park across the street and haul our luggage across the main road...yikes!

The hotel has two pools (one heated) and a hot tub (we didn't use any of them). There is also a garden area that the rooms are situated around. At first glance, it seems charming but at a closer look it needs to be better kept up (uneven walk ways, trash on the ground, old/dead plants, weeds, etc). They have a patio with beach chairs overlooking the ocean, but you have to climb down stairs to get down to the beach.

The first thing I noticed when we entered our room was the smell of smoke. Then, I noticed how small it was. There was barely enough open space for my husband, myself, and all of our luggage. The room included a mini fridge and microwave (we didn't use either). There was also a fairly new TV (small). The bed was too soft and uncomfortable, leaving my back sore the next day. Plus, there were loud creaking noises all night that kept waking us up.

Now on to the bathroom *shudder*. It had an overwhelming smell of bleach, which was obviously masking another foul odor. With the nasty smells mixed together, I couldn't go in there without plugging my nose. Plus, there was no fan and the window was rusted shut. There were ants on the wall by the sink and it was so tiny that my butt bumped into the wall when I bent over the sink to brush my teeth! The shower was also tiny and you couldn't access it without first closing the bathroom door. It was so scary looking that both my husband and I opted not to take showers! There were clean towels....that is the best thing I can say about the bathroom!

I don't consider myself to have extremely high expectations, but when you'd rather sleep in your car than a hotel, there is something wrong! It definitely was not worth the money we saved. I know for sure that we will never be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Flamingo63, Owner at Flamingo Motel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
This guest stayed one night in the least expensive room in the hotel. We have the option of non-smoking rooms and a viariety of floorplans. If this guest had brought any concerns to our front office, for as little as $20 per night more they could have been moved to a gulfront, non-smoking, floor plan with plenty of living space and a private balcony.
Greenwell Springs, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This place is HORRIBLE! Don' t be fooled by the pictures which are very old & their descriptions which are very inaccurate & incomplete- this place is run down, has bugs & ants in the room & mold all over the ONE AIR vent in the front room, the employees are very RUDE & the owner is worse! I insisted on speaking to her about the bugs, lack of air in our room & employees attitude & I quickly learned she did not care & I am sure the root of the problems. She yelled at the employee for bothering her, who although I didn't care for her, I feel did the right thing by calling the owner when I insisted on speaking with her. The was NO AIR IN THE BACK BEDROOM! Not that it was broken, it's built that way! They have a box fan. A BOX FAN IN FLORIDA!!!! Do you really think a cheap, old box fan is going to keep you cool in the hot, humid, summer heat of Florida??? They don't mention that in their descriptions! What they do mention in small print on their brochure which you likely didn't see if you booked online & also in the "small print" disclaimer is that they WILL NOT refund you if you choose not to stay in this hell hole once you arrive & see all of the problems. They offered to move us to another room, none of which fit our needs of a separate BEDROOM for the parents & a 1 year old (a necessity) & they offered us bug spray if we wanted to stay in our room! Just what I want to do, spray chemicals all over the hotel room & then let my 1 year old crawl on the floor. The owner refused to refund our money for the first night & it affected our entire vacation because we had to find another place to stay, which at last minute of course cost us more & we were out an entire nights rental cost for a place we didn't stay. If I did not have my kids with me, especially a baby, I may have stayed for the night & left in the morning but I was not going to allow my child to be bitten by bugs & ants &/or stay in a room with fresh chemicals sprayed all over the floor & try to keep them from crawling on it. It was very apparent that this is a regular occurrence at the place by the way the employee & owner spoke & handled things. I never expected a 3 or 4 star hotel when I booked here, but I did expect a clean, bug free place for my family with courteous people who cared. I honestly would have rather slept in my car for the night then stayed in this place. DO NOT STAY HERE- if you do, consider yourself warned!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Flamingo63, Owner at Flamingo Motel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
This guest stayed one night in July of 2012. The guest was unhappy and was offered other rooms that did not satisfy what she was looking for.The guest was refunded all but the night of her stay. It is always our deepest regret when we can't completly satisy all of our guests. We address each concern and make changes where neccesary. As you can see by the overwhelming number of positive guest reviews over the past 5 months since this guest's visit, the Flamingo continues to be a favorite home away from home on the beach.