Panama City Beach

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

dotsgirl
United States
“Not as Advertised in Photos in ads”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

The double windows in the master bedroom that front on the Gulf of Mexico, had been boarded up with insualtion board (very ugly, bad job) on the inside of the room, and obliterated the entire view of the water. It was done after I made my reservation in May of 2012 for a stay in Oct.-Nov. 2012, and I was not notified before I made my final payment in October 2012. I was not offered a partial refund on the rental amount that I had prepaid prior to arrival. Very disappointing experience.

The management company offered 2 other condos at this complex that they manage, but were not on the same floor (2nd) as the one that I had rented.

I suggest to anyone interested in this unit that they request updated pictures of the unit, or manage some way to have someone inspect it before you send any monies to rent it.

My housekeeper travels with me, and it was a very good decision, as there was plenty of work for her to do in the unit when we arrived. I left a very detailed condition report with the property managers when we left some days early before our month was up.

There was no lock on the living room balcony door. The management company had it replaced, but the new lock would not lock. There were workmen on scaffolding painting the condo outside our balcony while we were there, so there went the idea that the second floor units do not need balcony doors that lock. The balcony doors leaked excessively when the wind was up out of the northwest. I stuffed plastic sacks in the cracks in both balcony doors to keep out the wind and sand.

The front door had a screw missing on the door lock mechanism, and we were locked "In" one evening. The management company came to our rescue, as we could not exit the unit in an emergency, or any other time, actually, as we were on the second floor. He had to force the door open from the outside even though he had the key for the door, it would not open. Very scary for us. The management company repaired the lock that evening. and we were not locked "in" again.

The management company was good to respond to the maintenance issues at the unit, all but the insulation board on the master bedroom double windows. I believe they should have refunded at least one third of the rent because I was not notified of the window being boarded up before I made my final payment in Oct, as the placement of the insulation board was made prior to that pay date for the final payment, according to the management company personnel.

4 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
4 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 2 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 3 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
2 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 2 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
3 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The decor was nice, even if the unit was not clean.
Liked least: The lack of maintenance, unit needed a thorough cleaning & repairs. Bugs.
Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
DTR
4 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
4 of 5 stars Location 4 of 5 stars Cleanliness
4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 4 of 5 stars Service
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
(850) 233-9340
Speaks English
Listed since : Dec 2011
Calendar Updated: 122 days ago
Note: Response rate information for this manager is unavailable.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing