“Hampton Inn Is Always A Good Choice” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Columbus, GA
“Hampton Inn Is Always A Good Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I would have rated this property excellent if the internet service had been faster. It was agonizingly slow, just for routine web browsing. And if the toilet in the room had been designed a little better. Its a tight fit for a fat man. But its still an excellent choice if you need a room in Panama City Beach and don't care how far from the beach you are.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton2909, General Manager at Hampton Inn Panama City Beach, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We want to Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Honors member and for choosing Hampton. So glad you enjoyed our facility and I wanted to let you know that our internet connectivity has been fixed. We just completed and upgrade today. We do hope you choose us on your next trip to Panama City Beach.

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Pros: Good breakfast; nicely remodeled dining area; friendly staff

Cons: Worn carpet in the hallways needs replacing; guests smoking in non-smoking rooms; in-room Internet generally slow (2nd floor); noise in the hallways, with kids running up and down (cameras would help monitor this)

I was in a connecting room with an accessible room on the other side. I reported the guest in the accessible room was smoking and was told someone would be up to investigate. I heard the guest talking with someone and then spraying something around the door with a terrible-smelling odor that caused the spray-that-doesn't-cover-up-smoke smell. I smelled this the remainder of my stay. I believe she was smoking some more because I heard her spray at other times. If guests smoke in non-smoking rooms, they should be put out...period. Much of the noise was due to the spring break crowd, which was not as bad as it could have been. It appears hotels have adopted "spring break policies" that help mitigate some noise and other issues. Hopefully the hallways and rooms will receive refurbishing soon. I know I was probably one of the few staying there on business (if not the only one) and it was a last-minute trip so the other Hamptons in the area did not have room availability; however, this does not exonerate management from the issues I have described above.

If you are a business traveler, I would avoid this hotel until it is refurbished and certainly during spring break. Also try to avoid connecting rooms if you do not need them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hampton2909, General Manager at Hampton Inn Panama City Beach, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We know you expect a great night's sleep with us and we truly do our best to ensure all guest comfort. It looks like we missed the mark this time and I appreciate that you brought this to our attention. I'm working with our team regarding the noise and smoke smell you encountered and future protocols that we can implement so this does not continue in the future. We will also keep your suggestions in mind as we continue to look into refresh opportunities and hope you will come back to see our improvements-for business or pleasure. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your feedback.

Kind regards,
Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was at this particular location during the spring break season. Everybody that worked at this hotel were awesome. I had a minor issue but it was literally seconds it was resolved. Kudos to the staff at Hampton Inn-Panama City Beach!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We truly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and are lucky to have had the chance to serve you. While we're very excited about our cosmetic face-lift, we apologize for any discomfort and appreciate your flexibility. We will continue our efforts to minimize discomfort to our guests and hope to welcome you back once our renovations are complete.

Kind Regards,
st.louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Customer service was great. The room was very comforting after my bad experience with another Hampton. Internet access was good. The bed comfortable. I recommend this Hampton Inn if you planning a road trip through Florida.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton2909, General Manager at Hampton Inn Panama City Beach, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do appreciate your loyalty to the Hampton Brand. We hope the next time you are in Panama City Beach you will choose us again. We Love Having You Here!!
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here on business, and I knew there was some renocations going on. I did not know that it was in every hall, breakfast room, front desk, etc. There was constant noise with the workers. The staff tried to be helpful, and I felt sorry for them. I will stay there again after the renovations are over. Love the Hampton's while traveling.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for writing a review on our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to Hampton and Hilton hotels. We do hope you do visit us again after the renovation is complete which should be in 1 week. We look forward to seeing you next time in Panama City Beach.
South Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We chose this hotel for an overnight stay prior to boarding an early morning flight home. Unfortunately, when we planned out trip we didn't count on the Spring Break crowds. Our host, John, was most pleasant and when I inquired about somehow finding us a relatively quiet room, he replied "Let me see what I can do". What he did was give us a large room at one end of the downstairs hall away from the elevators but still close enough where he could monitor the noise.
Considering the time and place it was a wonderful stay. Room was extremely clean. Great bed. Nice flat screen TV. Our thanks to John........

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and had a great night sleep before your flight. So pleased that John did a wonderful job in accomodating you. We hope you return to visit us the next time in Panama City Beach.
Highland Village, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We enjoyed an excellent stay at the Hampton Inn Panama City Beach. The hotel is very clean and the beds are comfortable. Slept well every night. Good Breakfast..!! Convenient location to NSA Panama City and the beaches. We were pleasantly surprised with the condition of the hotel after recent renovations. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our staff. We do hope to see you the next time you are going to NSA and or to the beach. Thank you and have a Great Day!!

Been to Hampton Inn Panama City Beach? Share your experiences!