“Friendly Staff and Clean Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Pensacola, FL
“Friendly Staff and Clean Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I'm a Hampton Girl and most of my reviews are on various Hampton's in the South. Stayed in this Panama City Beach Hampton just a few days ago and was impressed that they told me way in advance that the front lobby would be undergoing renovation in a few days. Some places don't warn you ahead of time. Breakfast was better here than at most Hamptons. Each day was a little different variety. The breakfast lady was very nice and kept everything in order. The manager, Jody Wilson, was very attentive to guests. She wanted to make sure my stay was pleasant. The only complaint I had was the TV. It was nice and big but I couldn't work the remote. I didn't ask for help and didn't complain to Jody because I was so tired I didn't really care if it worked or not. I got a good night's sleep and that was most important.

Room Tip: This Hampton has three floors. I got the third floor and it was quiet. The pool is outdoors, behind...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hampton2909, General Manager at Hampton Inn Panama City Beach, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I do wish you would have told me about your remote control and we could have resolved that for you. I hope that you will choose us the next time you are in our area and see our new hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Made a last minute decision to attend the Pier Park Ball Drop for the New Year. We usually stay at a condo and were not sure what to expect with a Hotel King Suite, but we could not have been happier. I will start with the comfortable bed and quality bedding. This is big with me - I can't deal with bedspreads that get washed once a year.... not here! A comfy comforter in a white duvet cover assured me that I was in a clean bed every night! The suite was roomy - plenty of space for toiletries and even a wetbar, mini fridge and microwave! The breakfast provided everything from Waffles to Oatmeal (not instant), omlets along with yogurt, cereal, danish, and all of the basics... good coffee!! The eating space was very large with comfortable seating and a very attentive staff. This seating is available all day along with a large TV for watching a game or the news, if you like. Located on 98, it is 5 minutes from Pier Park, 1/2 Hour from the Walton County Resort Communiites and an hour or less from Destin. Loved it - will stay here again!

Room Tip: King Suite was great - since this hotel is on the "Back Road" there is no real water view...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Was down here for Ironman Florida. Had originally reserved Hampton "Panama City" and after driving through downtown, realized there was a significant difference between Panama City and Panama City Beach. Made a last minute switch. Everyone was extremely understanding. So this Hampton was a crapshoot. The staff is the most gracious and welcoming staff you will find. The facility is a typical Hampton. Location-wise it is good. A little off the beach strip, closer to a residential area--a plus if you want to avoid the seasonal jams on the beach strip. Close to some decent local restaurants.

Check out Surfside Shrimp on Thomas Dr, actually a seafood shop, but they will steam fresh caught shrimp by the pound.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hampton2909, Manager at Hampton Inn Panama City Beach, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and and our our staff, we look forward to your next visit to Panama City Beach. We Love Having You Here!!!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

This was the first time we have stayed in PCB without being on the water so we weren't sure how we would like it. Staff was friendly & helpful and our room was ready & clean. We had a king suite which had tons of room and even the bed was comfy. As for the beach, we ended up not even having time to go but I think it would have been no problem anyway. Will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012
talladega
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stay at hilton properties all the time, but this was the worst! Just went this Memorial day weekend to relax at the beach and watch football. First of all when I walked in the room I noticed there was only one chair, not good if going to watch football game. Then I noticed there was no ABC channel that the Game was coming on. So I had to go to a sports bar and spend money that I wasn't planing on spending, because I planned on relaxing in my room watching. Now the biggest complaint. Got up the first morning and went to the beach and came back at five o'clock and room was not cleaned. So I went to front desk to get some towels and tell them my room was not cleaned and all I got was sorry about that! Next morning got up to go to beach and maid was in the hall and I told them to make sure to clean my room, came back at five o'clock and room was not cleaned. Went to front desk to get towels and got the sorry about that. When I left the last morning I had three nights of towels piled up in the bathroom, garbage cans running over and trash every where. Not good!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton2909, General Manager at Hampton Inn Panama City Beach, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Uncleaned rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. In regards to us not having a certain channel, I certainly apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I loved this hotel. Everything was so close. When we got to the hotel, we received a map that had every place you can think of on it, Walmart, Target, restaurants, shopping, etc. The staff was very friendly and helped in every way possible. The breakfast was free and was very delicious. This hotel is not on the beach, but they have a pool with a splash area. This was very fun for for my child. The famous Pier Park is about 5 minute drive. It has everything there, rides, shopping, food, movies, Target, etc. Most of the other attractions are about a 10 minute drive, the beach, food, shopping, Ripleys Believe It or Not, Walmart, etc.

Overall, I would stay here again. The hotel was very clean and peaceful. It was not noisy, to say we went in July with many other families staying there. The rooms are big and spacious. The beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are super clean and fresh. The only thing I did not like about this hotel was there was no microwave or fridge in your room. They have a microwave downstairs on the main floor with access anytime. The front desk agent told me that they have a revolving pair that a guest can request but it is not a definite that you will get it.

The staff is excellant! The location is great! Just stay here!

Room Tip: You should request the microwave and fridge pair.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I found the one staff member with whom I dealt directly both friendly and helpful. I especially liked her recommendation of a local fish house (J. Michael's) - excellent food, very popular and only about 2 minutes from the Hampton.

The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious enough. There was a fridge and microwave in the room and I am always pleased when the fridge is quiet, and this one was. There was a very limited selection of TV channels for those who like that, which could be more to do with Panama City Beach's somewhat remote location. Nevertheless, if you like a good selection on your TV, this location is limited

Finally, I have a complaint that is neither characteristic nor exclusive to Hampton Inns but which I see all too frequently on my travels. The problem is what I call "dwarf toilets": toilets so low to the ground that they are more suitable to garden gnomes than human beings. For some, that might encourage them to look to other hotels in the area when they visit Panama City Beach.

Oh yes, one final little problem. Putting the address into the GPS, the exact street number wasn't found. When I got close to the Hotel, I had to pull over and call. I was told that one had to "fool the GPS" by using the correct street address but listing it in Panama City instead of Panama City Beach. It is in fact in Panama City Beach and it is listed that way on the Hampton pages. Hampton should include a note to that effect on the page that deals with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Panama City Beach? Share your experiences!