“Great place to stay while in Panama City Beach.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great place to stay while in Panama City Beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

This was the first time we have stayed in PCB without being on the water so we weren't sure how we would like it. Staff was friendly & helpful and our room was ready & clean. We had a king suite which had tons of room and even the bed was comfy. As for the beach, we ended up not even having time to go but I think it would have been no problem anyway. Will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
talladega
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stay at hilton properties all the time, but this was the worst! Just went this Memorial day weekend to relax at the beach and watch football. First of all when I walked in the room I noticed there was only one chair, not good if going to watch football game. Then I noticed there was no ABC channel that the Game was coming on. So I had to go to a sports bar and spend money that I wasn't planing on spending, because I planned on relaxing in my room watching. Now the biggest complaint. Got up the first morning and went to the beach and came back at five o'clock and room was not cleaned. So I went to front desk to get some towels and tell them my room was not cleaned and all I got was sorry about that! Next morning got up to go to beach and maid was in the hall and I told them to make sure to clean my room, came back at five o'clock and room was not cleaned. Went to front desk to get towels and got the sorry about that. When I left the last morning I had three nights of towels piled up in the bathroom, garbage cans running over and trash every where. Not good!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton2909, General Manager at Hampton Inn Panama City Beach, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Uncleaned rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. In regards to us not having a certain channel, I certainly apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I loved this hotel. Everything was so close. When we got to the hotel, we received a map that had every place you can think of on it, Walmart, Target, restaurants, shopping, etc. The staff was very friendly and helped in every way possible. The breakfast was free and was very delicious. This hotel is not on the beach, but they have a pool with a splash area. This was very fun for for my child. The famous Pier Park is about 5 minute drive. It has everything there, rides, shopping, food, movies, Target, etc. Most of the other attractions are about a 10 minute drive, the beach, food, shopping, Ripleys Believe It or Not, Walmart, etc.

Overall, I would stay here again. The hotel was very clean and peaceful. It was not noisy, to say we went in July with many other families staying there. The rooms are big and spacious. The beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are super clean and fresh. The only thing I did not like about this hotel was there was no microwave or fridge in your room. They have a microwave downstairs on the main floor with access anytime. The front desk agent told me that they have a revolving pair that a guest can request but it is not a definite that you will get it.

The staff is excellant! The location is great! Just stay here!

Room Tip: You should request the microwave and fridge pair.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I found the one staff member with whom I dealt directly both friendly and helpful. I especially liked her recommendation of a local fish house (J. Michael's) - excellent food, very popular and only about 2 minutes from the Hampton.

The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious enough. There was a fridge and microwave in the room and I am always pleased when the fridge is quiet, and this one was. There was a very limited selection of TV channels for those who like that, which could be more to do with Panama City Beach's somewhat remote location. Nevertheless, if you like a good selection on your TV, this location is limited

Finally, I have a complaint that is neither characteristic nor exclusive to Hampton Inns but which I see all too frequently on my travels. The problem is what I call "dwarf toilets": toilets so low to the ground that they are more suitable to garden gnomes than human beings. For some, that might encourage them to look to other hotels in the area when they visit Panama City Beach.

Oh yes, one final little problem. Putting the address into the GPS, the exact street number wasn't found. When I got close to the Hotel, I had to pull over and call. I was told that one had to "fool the GPS" by using the correct street address but listing it in Panama City instead of Panama City Beach. It is in fact in Panama City Beach and it is listed that way on the Hampton pages. Hampton should include a note to that effect on the page that deals with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The second floor was damp and the carpet buckled from moisture. Compared to the St. Petersburg location, this was shabby! The furnishings were worn and soiled, as was the carpet.
On the positive side, my air was non functional on the first night, but after reporting it I came back to a new unit that afternoon. The breakfast was also completely prepared by six (unlike the St. Pete location).
The staff were all very courteous and my room was restocked and cleaned daily.
All in all though, this is not what I would expect for a $100+ room!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
St Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

stayed over the 4th of July holiday. The staff (including all shifts & all levels) were nice, friendly and very accomodating. Although we were not on the beach...it was a short drive to beach access...and we had no beachfront traffic to deal with. The rooms were very quiet, clean and comfortable. The free breakfast had everthing you could want to eat. Excellant value for your money.

Room Tip: stay in rooms that away from elevator & ice machine
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Hampton Inn Panama City Beach, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us over the 4th of July. We enjoyed having with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on us we certainly appreciate it.
Jody
Oro Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

very friendly staff. clean hotel, breakfast was nice. plenty of parking. not at beach but just drive down a short ways and you are there. 5 min drive to beach and many resteraunts

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Panama City Beach, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope the next time you are all the way out this way from Arizona that you choose to stay with us again. We loved having you with us.

Jody

Been to Hampton Inn Panama City Beach? Share your experiences!