“Extremely Pleased” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort

You added Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort to your Saves list
Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   11212 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Extremely Pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We frequently visit this area and have stayed at The Edgewater Resort Golf Villas several times over the past few years. Each time is better than the last as we take opportunities to explore the surrounding area. The property is beautiful and peaceful, serene even. Just across the street is the beach and more Edgewater property and activities you can enjoy. So many restaurants, bars and recreation businesses are just a short walk away. The property is so expansive but you don't need to walk anywhere because there are golf cart shuttles to pick you up at your front door and drive you to wherever you want to go on the property. You never have to leave to eat, get a DVD, swim, shop, watch an outdoor movie, golf, play tennis, work out, watch fireworks or just enjoy a quiet time watching turtles and fish hang out in the pond.

Our family consists of teenagers and young adults. They were minutes away from doing things young people like to do such as rent mopeds, roller skate, bowl and do other things that allow them to meet and greet others. We rented a beautifully furnished 3-bedroom villa during peak tourist season so it was a little pricey but we loved every minute of our stay!

Room Tip: Golf Villa rooms allows you to get away from all the excitement and hustle & bustle of the beach...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ResortCollection, Manager at Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for this wonderful feedback. We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your time at Edgewater beach & Golf Resort. Our resort is one of the only full service resorts in the area and we have all the amenities within our gates. As you mentioned there are many activities and restaurants in the Panama City Beach area, which makes this a great vacation spot for all ages. I’m glad you were able to take advantage all the amenities that our property provides. We look forward to you returning again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Was here for a conference and had read all the bad reviews, so was not looking forward to it. To my surprise, my room was very clean, comfy bed, nice shower.
I stayed in the 1700 villas across the street, with the golf course right out my back door. Rooms were very quite, I'd for sure stay again!

Room Tip: 1700's very nice
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I’m glad we were able to meet all of your conference needs and exceed your expectations. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come visit us again with your family and friends. We look forward to seeing you again.
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at this resort for a conference and was impressed from the moment I met the front desk clerk - Christina. The front desk clerk was super friendly and very helpful; she made sure that I had a great room and went the extra mile for my request.

Upon entering the condo I was totally impressed. The room was clean and sharply decorated. The bed was comfortable, the view was gorgeous, the condo was fully equipped with everything that a person would want (dishes, pots & pans, silverware, dishwasher, washer & dryer, and even a whirlpool tub).

Mary at the store in Tower 1 was awesome. She took the time to learn my name and greeted me every morning when I came in for coffee, she even wished me a safe journey home :)

The main pool and hot tubs looked fun, but the weather was too cold to enjoy.

The beach is beautiful; it has many shells to gather and the sand is snow white! I just wish the weather was warmer when I visited (froze most of the nights).

I look forward to my next trip - I will be staying at this resort next time I visit Panama City Beach!

Enjoy your stay!

I was impressed and hope to return sometime soon.

Room Tip: Tower 3 & 2 are located right on the beach. Tower 1 is by the pool with a great view of the bea...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
ResortCollection, Manager at Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for writing this outstanding review! We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your time at Edgewater beach & Golf Resort. We will be sure to recognize our staff, especially the housekeeping team along with Christina and Mary for helping make your stay so enjoyable. We look forward to you returning and making many more terrific memories at our property.
Jordan, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

We found this place over 10 years ago and believe it is the best place to stay in PCB! We come back for spring break every year. They have everything you need either on the resort or within walking distance. Great place to take the teenagers. The resort is a gated community with plenty of pools, tennis courts, exercise room and places to eat and walk around.
Rent from VRBO and look at the quality & where the condo is you are renting. When we brought our teenagers we stayed on the golf side so we could enjoy the private pools and the price savings. DON"T stay at any of the condo's near front beach road.(Too much noise from the street) It's just the 2 of us now and we stay on the ocean side in a beautifully updated condo. We rent from the owner's and love the location and everything else about this resort and recommend it to everyone looking for a beautiful place to vacation. You don't have to get in your car to go anywhere once you arrive. You can easily walk to a variety of shops and restaurants. If you need to leave you can easily exit on to back or middle beach road and avoid the traffic.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the condo's that are near front beach road on the Golf side.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
ResortCollection, Manager at Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2014
Thank you for this wonderful feedback. We are so pleased to hear that you are a repeat guest who visits our property year after year. Our resort is one of the only full service resorts in the area and we have all the amenities within our gates. We look forward to you returning again next year.
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014 via mobile

So far....the customer service is horrendous! Unfortunately I'm still here for a conference. We've been treated as if they don't care that we are even here, told to wait for a tram at a door where the tram never goes, talked rude by the front desk staff, etc....I could go on and on

• Stayed November 2014
I am very sorry to hear about your experience. We pride ourselves on customer service and your comments are not the norm and I assure you that this will be addressed. We do offer tram service around our property that is first come first serve via a call to the front desk. We do hope the rest of your visit has been relaxing and enjoyable.
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

Maybe it was because we rented a mid-priced room instead of the higher end rooms, but I was not impressed. I know these are individually owned, and the decor was like staying in someone's first apartment. Furniture was falling apart. That said, the room itself was very clean, the kitchen was updated and nice.

We went in August and it was very crowded. I don't enjoy hanging out with that many people. In fact I got sick towards the end of our trip with a throat infection. I usually never get sick. I think someone in the pool was spreading germs, yuck. I only got in the pool like twice I think and only put my head under water one time.

It was right on the beach which was nice, but a long walk carrying all your stuff! I'd much rather rent a beach house and that's what I'll do next time I go to the ocean.

The restaurant was fairly nice and the food was decent.

Not overly impressed, and I really wouldn't recommend Edgewater to anyone.

Room Tip: Go for the higher priced rooms for sure! We went mid-price and I regret that. We had a beach side...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
ResortCollection, Manager at Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
We appreciate you providing your feedback and I do hope you change your mind and will return to Edgewater again soon. The occupancy of our resort varies greatly upon season. If you do not enjoy crowds I highly recommend visiting at the end of Fall and during the Winter. This time of year is very quiet, but you can still enjoy all of our wonderful amenities and of course the beautiful beaches of the Gulf of Mexico.
Saline, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

The grounds at Edgewater are well kept and clean. The pools are nice, but the chairs need deep cleaning. Elevators see a lot of action and are cleaned regularly....but can be stinky/nasty if you get on at the wrong time.
We booked privately through vrbo, and stayed in tower 3, room 611. It's nicely decorated, updated and conveniently located (not too high up). However, the unit was filthy dirty. The owner has beautiful white and light colored furniture, but with so many people renting the unit everything is dingy and dirty. The walls are completely beat up. We washed all the bedding before sleeping because we just didn't feel it was cleaned properly (blood was found on my son's bed). All new pillows were purchased because they were GAG! This unit has so much potential if it was cleaned properly. Owner was kind and offered to have her cleaning lady clean again, but after showing the cleaner what was missed it was obvious that her idea of clean and my idea of clean are different.
We come to edgewater to be with our church family......nothing else is keeping us there. I would not rerent this unit in particular.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
ResortCollection, Manager at Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
We appreciate you providing your feedback and are glad that you enjoy the grounds of our resort. As you stated, you rented from a private owner and therefore I cannot speak to issues you had with your unit’s cleanliness. I represent the onsite rental company. When renting directly though us, we provide 24 hour front desk, as well as on-site maintenance and housekeeping. We do hope you will try us again when visiting with your church family.

Been to Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!