So this was a very different experience for us - we usually dive Cozumel/Caribbean and this was a different style but we loved it! Water is definitely different but it was a great experience and we had a lot of fun on our dives - wrecks, bridge spans.
1. Excellent, professional (but very funny) staff. We were a group with two very experienced, one pretty experienced and two completely novice (as in, first ocean dives ever) divers and they accommodated all of us. They helped with figuring out weights with the new folks and even lent us a few small pieces of equipment to try out when stuff we'd brought didn't work as it should have.
2. GREAT boats. Nice, spacious, clean and again, great deckhands and captains.
3. Very impressive owner/instructor. I overheard him teaching an OWD student on the boat one day and was highly impressed with his quality of instruction, his attention to detail (while still having fun). Great guy and I would love to dive more with him and learn from him (we're on the way to becoming instructor and he's one of those 'I want to be like him someday' type of guys).
Cons (very few, and these are really being nitpicky so take with a grain of salt)
1. No snacks on board - we're used to that so I guess we're spoiled. However, if we'd known, we would have brought food (we did so on our next days diving so all was well).
2. This was the -one star issue. We had told the office guy on Wednesday morning we would have 5 divers for Thursday and he said no problem. We showed up Thursday morning and the other office guy (Joe) had no record of this and as much as they tried, they weren't able to get us on a trip so we missed out on our last day's diving which was BEYOND a bummer.
We will always check with this dive shop in the future for trips - they took really good care of us and we enjoyed the diving immensely. Thanks Mike, Joe, Ricky, Zach, and the rest of the crew (I'm forgetting names). And please let the really nice captain know that we PROMISE to send him pics and video - I got GREAT video of the bull shark (thanks, Zach!) and jellyfish.
If you own or manage Panama City Dive Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.