““BUBBA” THE LIVE ALLIGATOR SHOW IS SO SPECIAL & EXTRAORDINARY – YOU WON’T BELIEVE YOUR EYES!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gator Country Alligator Park

Gator Country Alligator Park
6523 Hwy 79, Panama City Beach, FL
850-230-3822
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Other
More attraction details
Owner description: Gator Country Alligator Park at Airboat Adventures is home to one of the most incredible alligators you will ever come face to face with! "BUBBA" is our 7ft, 15 year old, voice and hand command trained American Alligator! To our knowledge...truely a "one of a kind". "Bubba" has been raised since birth by his owner and trainer David and we are proud to have them both for the most incredible show you will find anywhere featuring an alligator! This is an absolute "DO NOT MISS" on your vacation to Panama City Beach!
Freeport
43 attraction reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We first met “BUBBA” and his trainer, Dave David in July 2010 -- and we have been telling everyone we know about Bubba ever since! When our friends come to visit us, it’s a MUST VISIT to see Bubba’s show!

This May (2012) our friends came from California and top on our list was going to see Bubba! Even after all the times I’ve told them about Bubba, our friends had loud, audible GASPS when Dave carried Bubba to the demonstration table and gently set him down! Honestly, it’s hard to believe what you are seeing!

As Dave talked about alligators, he constantly touched and lovingly stroked Bubba. Dave is extremely articulate and very knowledgeable about alligators in his presentation -- with huge emphasis on respecting all alligators as wild animals. He explained how Bubba’s eyes work differently than a human’s eyes; what alligators in the wild eat and how differently Bubba eats. There was also great detail about Bubba’s teeth and his skin, as well as how alligators “think” with their thumb-sized brain!

Dave told us funny stories about training Bubba with hot dogs; how Bubba does not like the FEDEX truck; Bubba playing catch with the family’s dogs and how Bubba has learned his place in the “pecking order” of the family’s dogs -- and guess what? He’s not first!

Dave shared background information about how he raised and trained Bubba ever since he was a 3-day old hatchling. Now Bubba is 16 years old, over 6’ long, 170 lbs -- and he’s the most extraordinary alligator you’ll ever see! You’ll love to see how Dave still “comforts” Bubba by picking him up and putting his head on Dave’s shoulder, as he did when Bubba was little! This sight is mind-boggling!

Dave constantly reminded everyone that Bubba is extremely rare -- and without a doubt, the most docile alligator we will ever see!

Part of Dave’s presentation is to allow kids and adults to touch Bubba while he closely supervises, of course. Our friends were excited to have their picture taken with Bubba to hang up in their offices! Our grandson, Mick (10) met Bubba two years ago and he can’t wait to see Bubba again when he visits us in late September!

Unquestionably, there is a rare bond between Dave and Bubba, which can be appreciated by everyone who is LUCKY ENOUGH TO SEE BUBBA’S SHOW! Bubba will always be #1 on our list for all of our visitors to Panama City Beach!

Visited May 2012

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Gotta See the Bubba Gator Show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My family and I had an awesome time at Gator Country! My kids are 8, 6, 5 & 3 and they were all entertained! I haven't seen my kids pay attention to anything longer than 20 or 30 minutes in as long as I can remember and we were there for close to two hours. The family and I had a blast and learned a lot of interesting facts about gators. Bubba, the 16 year old gator who is the star of the show, is an amazing animal and loves attention. He actually loves being pet like a dog!! We had so much fun that we're actually planning to take my nephew to see Bubba when he comes down for a visit next week. We didn't do the airboat ride (this time), but I did talk one of the Captain's and he said the rides are 45 minutes. As far as the guy who said gators don't go into brackish waters... well, all I can say is that he didn't do his homework; gators do spend time in brackish water, that's just a fact (look it up). Oh yeah, the folks who work at Gator Country are super friendly and make you feel like you're at home.

Missouri
3 attraction reviews
“Saw absolutely Nothing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Yes, the crew was funny and nice BUT we saw 4 ducks, 2 pelicans, and "an interesting cloud" according to the guide. I understand it is nature but i can see that at home. Boat ride was ok but would not recommend. Gentleman at office was nice and let kids hold gator but Bubba was not there. Did not get much for money though. Nice people, bad experience.

Louisville, Kentucky
12 attraction reviews
“Bubba!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Loved the Bubba alligator show, well worth the price! It is not available every day so check the schedule. Bubba and his trainer Dave were wonderful. Great information and stories. Bubba is a very well trained and behaved guy. Unique! The rest of "gator park" is pretty small but interesting. (There is no charge for viewing the couple of pens they have there.) The air boat ride is nice. Not much wildlife to see the day we were there but fun ride anyway.

Hendersonville, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“TOTAL RIP-OFF!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Never have I left a "touristy" attraction feeling so ripped off. First, although the airboat ride was fun and my 7 year old was enjoying it, it was not close to an hour long - more like 30 minutes. Most of the other boat ride attractions in PCB last at least 2 hours. They take you in brackish waters, which if you know anything about aligators, they do not like to live in brackish waters. We didn't see anything. I do realize wildlife is not predictable, but little to no effort was made to find gators or other wildlife to view and most of the ride was spent idoling up a small little waterway. The ride was WAY too short to justify what they charge. It cost my husband and I and our 7 year old $85. THEN, they're idea of "gator country alligator park" is three, dog-lot sized pens. Two of the 3 pens each had 2 small gators. the third pen had maybe 6 even smaller gators in it. Whow. Don't know how they can get away with calling this an alligator park. THEN, they told me when I called we would get to hold a gator and take pictures. Well, that's only if you want to spend another $15 for them to take a picture. After spending $85, who wants to spend another $15 for a picture? So my son was a bit disappointed about that. LASTLY, they push tipping the entire time, which again, after spending $85, we were not thrilled with. Overall this was the biggest disappointment of our trip, and I wish we would not have done this. There are many other adventures that are much more fun, and a much better use of your money. Stay away from this one! Trust me.