“First time visitor” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Terrace Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Holiday Terrace Motel
You added Holiday Terrace Motel to your Saves list
11831 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Conyers, Georgia
“First time visitor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I just returned from my stay at this hotel and I wanted to share my experience. First of all the elevators are horrible. One actually broke and had a person on the inside. With no air I might add..
The rooms are not so bad, the beds are very hard and the pillows thin. Bring yours from home. The cleaning of the rooms or there lack of, is awful. We stayed a total of 5 days, the room was only picked up once.. no vacuuming or sheets changed..basically the only thing done was trash removed. No tub cleaned or toilets.
Water pressure is also an issue. There is none. There is no ice on the floors, you have to go to the front office and get a small bag.. They charge 2.00 if you want a bigger bag. 2 of the days we were at the pool area around 11:30, the property cleaners were blowing around the pool for 1 1/2 hours while we were trying to enjoy our relaxation. I did call the front desk and complained and he stopped shortly after. There is absolutely no security on the property, if you are family and not a party person is an important thing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HolidayTerrace, General Manager at Holiday Terrace Motel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest, I am disappointed by your review :(. I was under the impression from your fellow family members that you all were enjoying your stay. You can't please everyone but we sure try. The issues you experienced have been acknowledged and will be investigated. Thank you for your review.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon and it was very nice, clean linens, very clean room and facility! We stayed for 5 nights on the beach with a pool and very close to shops, close to shopping and awesome restaurants... I do wish there would have been an iron in the room!!! I would stay there again!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Yaaay, so glad you enjoyed your stay and congratulations on your wedding!!!! We hope to see you for your Anniversary ;) Thank you for giving us a positive review! The Holiday Terrace staff and myself love it when guests find our property to be as great as we think it is! Thank you for your time!
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here in June and then again in July. We had a great time in June, but July wasn't as great. We were on the 5th or 6th floor, which had no wifi. Our refrigerator froze some food that we had, the elevators were slow, rust on the doors, no hair dryer, and there was no input on the tv for my boyfriend to hook up his xbox. It was a great location, right on the beach and near the pier, but we were just a little less impressed with this visit.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayTerrace, Manager at Holiday Terrace Motel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest, I am sorry your last stay with us was not as pleasant as the first. I hope that you will come back and see us again though! I would like to address some of the issues you experienced, starting with the rust on the outer door frames. The metal door frames of the exterior are a constant battle for us due to the salt air and the damage it does. We strive to stay on top of though. We do have a limited amount of hairdryers that we loan to our guests and unfortunately were all being used at the time that you had requested one. WI-FI is something that will NOT reach to the higher floors as of right now, it predominantly is in the Lobby and has been known to reach the lower floors. We hope to have WI-FI available for all floors in the near future. I don't believe that any of our TVs have had XBox hookup but if they do then I will do my best to accommodate you with one of them during your next stay. Please just send me an email prior to your stay referencing your Tripadvisor review and I will personally do my best to make your next stay up to par. :) Thank you for taking the time to review us and even the not so great reviews help us grow! :)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Terrace a couple weeks back. It was awesome because we got three beds and a kitchenette for a great price. It is definitely an older hotel, but a great deal. It was located close to everything. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: They are all beach front. So that is good!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I just recently took a vacation with my family to panama city beach. We stay at the Holiday Terrace. I am so pleased with our choice. The rooms were huge. The rooms had 2 separate rooms for a lil privacy and a kitchen. It felt good to be able to make my own breakfast with a wonderful beach side view. The balconies had amazing views of the Gulf and a pier. The beach was clean and perfect. Some would say that they need to update their TV's and have internet available, but my opinion.... Why would you even care about those extra's when you are on vacation. You should just live in the moment of the beach. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. I recommend this place to anyone!!! My family and I give it 8 thumbs up!

Room Tip: All rooms have amazing views of the Gulf.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I just left this hotel. I found it on Trip Advisor. I should have paid attention to the ratings Poor and Terrible they are accurate!! When I arrived the hotel looked fine. When I checked in the lobby looked fine. The young lady at the front desk was very friendly. When I got off the elevator I started to get concerned about my choice. When I arrived at my door the frame was covered in rust. When I went inside the room looked like nothing had been done to it in at least 20 years!! No remodeling or up dates!! The refrigerator had large rust spots on it! Everything was old and outdated the room looked like everything came from Goodwill. I talked to the lady at the desk about early checkout. I was told there were no refunds. I had paid for my 2 nights in advance when I checked in. We had a decision about this policy. I told her I would spend the night but leave the next day and then do what I could to see no one else made the mistake I had made. By the time I got to my room the phone was ringing she had 2 rooms she wanted me to look at. I did they were better but not that much better!! When I returned the keys she said she would refund my charge to my credit card and I would have a full refund and leave. I thanked her gathered my things and left. Even if they have a policy of NO REFUNDS there should be an "inspection" policy that if you are not satisfied with your room you can immediately get a refund and leave. This was probably the only hotel I've ever stayed at where you pay for the full stay upfront with no refunds.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. This hotel has potential because of its location on the beach but the rooms...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
HolidayTerrace, Manager at Holiday Terrace Motel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Well I think its safe to say that we did not meet your standards. :( That's unfortunate because we have many many guests who love our place as well as repeat customers who return year after year, but you can't please everyone. The room you had was in fact updated recently with our newer furniture which most people love. Our refrigerators have recently been redone/replaced had you come a day later. However, its a bit of an exaggeration to say that our refrigerator had large rust spots.True, the exterior door had SOME rust on it.

Our motel is by no means a five star resort. Its a motel and a perfectly good well kept one that we take pride in. We are often making improvements and updates as fast as we can, even during our busiest times of the year. Thank you for taking the time to review our property because even the negative reviews we value. :)
Andover, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We are a little late on posting a review, but stayed here August 12th - 14th 2012. Staff was very friendly, room was clean, view was awesome. Rates are unbelievable, we didn't make a reservation was a spur of the moment to get married. Checked in early was only going to be a two night stay ended up staying an extra day, with no hassle at all. Anyway, Just booked again for our anniversary, August 11th - 14th. Took a while to figure out where we stayed, but the wife found it by the pirate mannequin picture.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Terrace Motel? Share your experiences!