“Dive appearance, pleasant surprise inside” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Takeout
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Dive appearance, pleasant surprise inside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We reviewed the menu prior to going and found the prices to be reasonable. However, we had no idea the portion size would be so HUGE making the value even better. To start, we ordered the Cajun Oysters. OMG...they were amazing! My husband ordered the red beans and rice--the bowl. It was so large! He couldn't eat it all! I had the Cajun platter--chicken gumbo, shrimp étouffée, fried grouper and coleslaw. Would definitely order again. Great value, excellent food, fabulous portions. Must go!

• Visited August 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Po' Boys are delicious and HUGE! She Crab soup a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Wow. Saw the reviews on trip advisor. Started with the she crab soup, oh my...think delicious, sweet, succulent, rich crab made into a wonderful bisque. So good. Then our po' boys came. Hubby got the fried oyster and I had the fried shrimp. They were enormous!!!! We had to eat the seafood almost off them to be able to pick them up. Soft hoagie bread with remoulade sauce. Got the sweet potato fries as our side. Ridiculously good place. Looks like not much from the outside but holy smokes its wonderful. Super reasonable prices too. Avoid the tourist traps with average fried food and go somewhere the locals go! Good service, TJ I believe his name was, nice kid. All good!

Nashville, Georgia, United States
“We did Dee's for Dinner (noon meal for us Southerners)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The oysters on the half shell were firm and tasty. The she crab soup was delicious having a good amount of what I ordered it for, ample crab meat. I personally prefer more sherry in the she crab soup, but that's a personal preference. Even though it was crowded for a noon meal (dinner) we enjoy our meal because of the good service we had. I would return to Dees and try other items on the menu.

Visited July 2013
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Best Shrimp Po' Boys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had about a 15 minute wait no biggie. Was very busy and I just think the waiter overlooked us. After talking to the hostess again, we were promptly server and the food was well worth the wait. The shrimp Po' Boy was great the shrimp cooked perfectly and plenty on them. After the hiccup it turned out to be a great meal and even went back for take out to eat on the beach.

Atlanta
“Fantastic!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Fantastic is the best word to describe a real dining experience. Solo, I was able to basically walk in if I would take a seat at the bar. "Yes" I said, and that was the right response. Very capable waiter/barman served me the crab cake dinner -- cheese grits and sweet potato fries with two crab cakes, each the size of a base ball!!! And I managed to eat every bite. Dee, the chef-owner was there keeping things moving. He has a great staff and wonderful food. As noted by others it is in a small strip shopping center and there may be a wait, but the wait would definitely be worth it. A joint? Yes, but a fantastic one!!!