“Great value hotel - had a great stay for $129.00” 4 of 5 stars

Paradise Palms
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12907 Front Beach Rd., Panama City Beach, FL   |
Ranked #29 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great value hotel - had a great stay for $129.00”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Ok, so I have stayed in some really kick butt places across the globe. We were in one of the top small resorts in the world for our Honeymoon and have traveled abroad quite a bit. If you are expecting the service & room quality of a 5 star hotel, Paradise Palms is not for you. If you are looking for a lovely, clean, beachfront value hotel - this IS the place for you! Traveled here with my husband for a last minute birthday trip & had a great time!
Check in time for the hotel is 4:00 p.m. CST, but we arrived several hours early (around noon). We went to the front desk just to see if we could check in, the receptionist (I regret that I cannot recall her name!) was extremely helpful and stated that they did not have a room ready yet, but we could go ahead and park, use all of the amenities and/or beach and they would call us when the room was ready. Awesome customer service! We changed in the lobby bathroom and spent a couple hours out on the beach. The front desk called us a little before 2:00 p.m. and let us know the room was ready. We finished checking in, enjoyed the complimentary beverages in the lobby and headed out to the beach once more.

The Good Points: Paradise Palms is bright and clean, every room has a private balcony, and is steps from the beach. The complimentary breakfast, (which some have complained about...I'm not sure why) consists of cereal, milk, juice, coffee, toast, sausage biscuits, oatmeal, grits and stacks & stacks of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Lastly, the amenities shared with the Days Inn are quite wonderful! We especially enjoyed the pool and DJ. The dive in movies are every night and you can watch from benches above the pool or in the pool.

The drawbacks: The hotel is older and shows some sign of wear. We were on the 4th floor and there was only 1 elevator, and it doesn't work very well. We're a pretty active couple, so this only bothered us when unpacking & packing the car. Our bathroom sink had a really slow drain & there was some inconsistency in the water temperature in the shower.

The conclusion: you get what you pay for! It is a lovely (but not fantastic) hotel. There were no bugs in our room and we got great customer service, a stellar location and exemplary customer service. We would certainly consider coming here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Billy A, General Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Andi S.,

Thank you for your review. I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you again.

Billy Alam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We took our family of 4 there for 5 days. The staff was very helpful & upon arrival we received coupons for almost everything in Panam City, & a buy 1 get 1 coupon for shipwreck island. (which was a good place to take the kids) The rooms were very spacious & clean. The view of the ocean was phenomenal! As long as you wake up early you get to see the dolphins right from your balcony. The pool is beautiful. It was also nice that they play music loud enough to hear while swimming in the ocean. Also upon checkout they gave us a 15% off coupon for our next stay. We will definitely be staying there again next year! :)

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Billy A, General Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Dear Jessicah F,
Thank you for the feedback. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay. That is such an amazing experience, to wake up and watch dolphins swim by. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed aug2-aug6 room was ready early...even had an upgraded room for us. Pools were great. Kareoke was sometimes painful, but it was great to see people having fun.
On monday we left for an all day outing....upon return our room was still mess. I had purchased a broom on my own and swept up all the sand in a pile, as well as collected trash. No one came..it was all still there.
I called the desk and about 30 minutes later a guy showed up. We went on the balcony to allow him room to work. I came in to get a drink and he was on his phone....on Facebook. To me that was unprofessional. His mopping skills could be better as well. I then had to go find someone for fresh towels.
Pros were ...great view, comfortable beds, fun pools, close to restaurants, and on the beach was a huge plus.
The fact that it was a little run down was a non issue. My kids loved it and the 1 pirate we did see.
House keeping was horrible. Who ever that guy was needs more training or a different position.
We do plan on returning in the future.

Dear Dana D,
Thank you for the review. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the unprofessional nature of that housekeeper. We do not tolerate such behavior. I shared your experience with the department. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed on August 3rd. Originally were staying at the Days Inn the night before but had to change my reservations. I was excited to see they had a pool similar as the Days Inn with the waterfall. Upon arriving the hotels were side by side. Upon check in discovered reason why is bc the Sam owner owns both and the pool is shared by both places. I wasnt thrilled about that but turned out to be a non issue. The hotel you could tell was old and rundown. The rooms weren't great by any stretch. Im 6'1 and had I been a few inches taller I would have hit my head in the bathroom. Also the toilet is so low to the floor i wasnt sure i could get up from it. The bathroom itself may be slightly larger than a broom closet. The breakfast (it did say just coffee juice and donuts) wasnt much but did have cereal as well as microwave sausage biscuits added to what was said to expect. It was however right ob the beach. We enjoyed the dive in movie and the waterfall pool. Karaoke was done at the pool as well. Overall an ok visit but I wouldn't stay again due to the rundown nature of the place. Would give it 2.5 stars but doesn't give that option.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Billy A, General Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Travis S,

Thank you for your feedback. I am excited to hear that you had a good time but I am disappointed that you will not give us another chance.

Rowlett, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

we just returned from a 4 night stay at our favorite panama city beach hotel. My kids ages 2,5,7 love this place! we were very pleased with our stay! great view, awesome pools, clean room, wonderful staff. We ate at the burger restaurant for the first time and it was great. even though the hotel was sold out the pools were not that crowded and we enjoyed yummy drinks at the tiki bar. Get the beach cooler they are amazing! we didnt have an issue with parking or with our room dirty. It is an older hotel but the staff takes good care of it. This is our 5ty year at paradise palms and we cant wait for our family vacation next year!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rachel E,
Thank you for the feedback. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to you staying with us for year six.

Shelbyville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

view of beach is nice, lobby and pools are very nice but lots of people. if you want breakfast, sont get there after 9....very crowded, staff at breakfast not friendly and you will be told they dont have anymore both days we was there. rooms was clean but definatly need updated. mirror was broke, sink wouldnt drain, toilet had proplems flushing the entire time. the highlight of this motel was the jack sparrow pirate!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Renee R,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to you staying with us again.

Corinth, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I read many reviews before booking this hotel, wasn't sure what to expect, I'm very picky, the facts are, this is a older hotel which means it could use some updates an they were working on up grades, the rooms were very clean, AWESOME POOL IN A GREAT SPOT, views were great, employes were very nice, the only negative was the breakfast, needs more variety, in a very good place for family with kids, close to ocean as we'll, wood surely stay here again!!!!!

Room Tip: Here are Days Inn