“It'll do” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Minnesota
“It'll do”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

After our first night at a different hotel was so nasty and scary, this was a dream! It is your typical beach property. Our room faced the ocean on the 2nd floor. We had a fridge and microwave. The room was alot bigger than I expected and that was great! Fridge was so cold which you rarely seem to get. We were there right before spring break and they were busy getting it ready. Hardly anyone was there while we were there and that was nice. Slept with the door to the balcony open so we could hear the waves crashing. Room included a free breakfast over at Denny's. It was continental, but that was alright. I honestly would never choose this hotel if we were there for a vacation, we only used it really to sleep since my parents had a place over at Long Beach. We were looking for cheap, and it was. So perfect for me! All the restuarants on site were closed, we were told it was all opening up on Saturday Mar 2nd. That is when it starts getting nuts.
Didn't like though that they came by to clean the room super early and we were still sleeping. They never came back to service the room. So I had to call that night to get towels for the next day. I think since no one was really there, they forgot about us.
Initial front desk girls were super nice when we checked in. Since some of it was closed while the paint dried, I got a bit confused on how to get up to our room, but one of the guys working there saw me wandering around and brought us up there a different way.

Room Tip: anything facing the ocean. If you are on the first floor, there are lounge chairs in front of your r...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your patience with renovations as we work to improve our property. We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico, but regret your morning was disrupted by housekeeping. Sunny regards to you, we hope you'll stay with us again. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I wanted to take our 2 nephews and our niece on a vacation to the beach. We go to Panama City Beach every year and decided that for this trip we would stay at the Paradise Palms because we thought the kids would enjoy the pool. We made our reservations with a deposit 2 months in advance because we were going the week of July 4th. When we arrived at the front desk we were told that there were no rooms available. After a very heated conversation with the woman at the desk they decided that they would give us a room at the days inn next door with access to their pool. We took it because we didn't really have a choice. The room was nasty and the hotel and pool was overrun by drunk teenagers. When we finally made it to the pool the real fun started. There were more people drunk there than sober with a constant supply of drinks coming from the poolside bar. After fending of several attempts by grown drunk men to pick up my 14 year old niece we finally told the kids to come out of the pool at sit with us. Soon after, another drunk came to my chair and attempted to hit me in the face. Another man ran from the pool and broke us up saying he had done the same to him several minutes earlier. We went back to the nasty room and packed our bags. I was not going to have the kids stay in this place. At the front desk they didn't want to return my money until I mentioned all the underage drinking that was going on around their pool. Went to Continental Condominiums and had a wonderful stay. If your on spring break and want to party and fight then this is a great place. If you want a safe, well kept, well managed place to relax that will have your room available when you get there, stay away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
No rooms were available at Paradise Palms although you made reservations. It is unfortunate your time at the sister hotel next to us wasn't joyful. Thank you for your input. We will strive to do better and will look into the reservation issue.
Clinton, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Me and my family will NEVER stay at the Paradise Palms again. When we made our reservations, we specifically asked about construction and were told that they had no construction going on. Well when we arrived the first thing we saw were the construction signs on all of the entrance doors, elevators and stairwells. We couldn't sleep past 7am due to the roof repairs. Our free breakfast was located at another hotel and so was the hot tub. Ther was no pirate and we had no hot water our last 2 days. The heated pool was as cold as the regular pool. We had NO blankets, just sheets and pillows. We asked for blankets and never recieved them. I would not recommend this place to anyone!!

Room Tip: Just save yourself the headache and stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank You for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced by our renovations. We have made every effort to post signs on all our entrances and exits to the property, and also to advertise the construction on our website and facebook page. Our staff is working hard to complete the enhancements to our rooms, roof, and balconies during our less busy off season in order to improve guest experiences in the future. I regret to hear that your stay was interrupted. Your feedback is valuable to us, as it helps us to know which areas to make changes. Please feel free to call us anytime, our management will be happy to speak with you personally about the issues you experienced.
Kind Regards,
Providence, RI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I know that you offer free continental breakfast, but if you are going to offer stale donuts from Walmart or krispy kreams, I would recommend not serving breakfast at all. I stay there because a friend of mine told me he stay at the Days Inn next door and that they serve fresh home made donuts, so I assume this place will have similar breakfast. Wrong. This time I came back with relatives and stay at the Days Inn. There is no comparison between the two hotels, Days Inn breakfast offers fresh donuts, they were still warm, It was delicious. I am not sure if Days Inn owns paradise palms but they should have the same breakfast for the same price. If not I would advise to skip breakfasts at paradise and walk over next door to days inn.

• Stayed August 2012
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with our complimentary breakfast during your stay. Your satisfaction is important to us, and your comments help us know what to improve in the future. I will be sure to forward your suggestions to our Front Desk Staff. Feedback from our valued guests, like you, is what helps us provide the best value vacation on Panama City Beach. Thank You for choosing Paradise Palms, we hope to have you as our guest again soon.
Kindly,
canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

at 44 bucks a night overlooking the Gulf one has to put aside minor quibbles, which were a few. the door lock keys seem to be a common complaint and ours acted up on occasion. other than that clean rooms with a 24 hour hot tub and heated pool (which during our stay was not the pool by the hot tub, no big deal) what more could you ask for at such a good price. Staff was attentive when needed.

Plenty of construction going on when we were there including a garbage bin outside our door which made for easy toss of refuse right out the door, ha. Wish that was better explained and for privacy and noise issues maybe would have went to the other end of the hotel but again, hard to complain when the owners are investing to fix the place up, better to deal with that than a crumbling facility that is not maintained. I prefer the nostalgic hotels that have some history to them and this one has it. I shall return, and ask for a repeat discount of course!

Room Tip: first floor would have no privacy and little view so we ran the 2nd floor, would have went higher bu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your patience with our renovations as we work to improve our property for the future. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico, and that you were able to take advantage of our great beach front hot tub and heated pool. Thank you again for choosing Paradise Palms, we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Sunny Regards,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This place is disgusting. I am not a picky person at all, and can deal with things not being perfectly clean. But finding two spots of cigarette ashes in my bed, dead bugs in the tub is unacceptable. I was greeted with a used Condom in the parking lot which I can get over since its not in my room but seriously when it comes to where I sleep and shower, I can't have that. I'm on vacation and I can't wait to leave.... How bad is that?

• Stayed January 2013
Liza85, Owner at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We appreciate your taking your time to share your concerns about your visit on Trip Advisor, and we are very sorry for the problems you experienced. We had just completed extensive renovations to the room you are in, and the Executive Housekeeper had checked it herself the day you checked in. So we especially regret that you found problems with your room.
When the General Manager spoke with you today, we thought that your concerns were resolved. Please know that the General Manager remains willing and able to meet with you and do whatever is within our power to please you. So please feel free to call him at the number he left with you. We really would love for you to leave a happy guest!
Thanks,
Julie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My fiance, my sister, and myself stayed here on our way back home from Orlando. I had stayed here in the past so decided to go back. (they give a discount to return visitors which I didn't know until I said I had stayed previously). I chose to stay there again because it is right on the beach and fairly cheap. You do, however, get what you pay for. The rooms are clean enough. The beds are not very comfortable but still sleepable. The tv didn't work and one of the lamps didn't either but that wasn't that big of a deal because we went for the beach. Their "breakfast" consisted of semi-stale donuts, instant oatmeal, and machine dispensed orange juice. The big pool looks cool but very cold both times we were there. To be fair though I stayed here in mid March and late September. The smaller pool was somewhat heated so fairly comfortable temperature. All in all if you are looking for a cheap room on the beach, this is your place. If you're looking for a five star place, keep looking.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. Not much more expensive and well worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our returning guest discount, and found us to be a good value directly located on beautiful Panama City Beach. All of our rooms here at Paradise Palms have balconies overlooking the emerald green waters of the Gulf of Mexico - no parking lot views here! We appreciate your feedback, and hope to have you as our guest again soon. Thank you for choosing Paradise Palms!
Kind Regards,
Lori D.

Been to Paradise Palms? Share your experiences!