“Breakfast was awful!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 43 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Providence, RI
“Breakfast was awful!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I know that you offer free continental breakfast, but if you are going to offer stale donuts from Walmart or krispy kreams, I would recommend not serving breakfast at all. I stay there because a friend of mine told me he stay at the Days Inn next door and that they serve fresh home made donuts, so I assume this place will have similar breakfast. Wrong. This time I came back with relatives and stay at the Days Inn. There is no comparison between the two hotels, Days Inn breakfast offers fresh donuts, they were still warm, It was delicious. I am not sure if Days Inn owns paradise palms but they should have the same breakfast for the same price. If not I would advise to skip breakfasts at paradise and walk over next door to days inn.

• Stayed August 2012
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with our complimentary breakfast during your stay. Your satisfaction is important to us, and your comments help us know what to improve in the future. I will be sure to forward your suggestions to our Front Desk Staff. Feedback from our valued guests, like you, is what helps us provide the best value vacation on Panama City Beach. Thank You for choosing Paradise Palms, we hope to have you as our guest again soon.
Kindly,
Lori D.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

at 44 bucks a night overlooking the Gulf one has to put aside minor quibbles, which were a few. the door lock keys seem to be a common complaint and ours acted up on occasion. other than that clean rooms with a 24 hour hot tub and heated pool (which during our stay was not the pool by the hot tub, no big deal) what more could you ask for at such a good price. Staff was attentive when needed.

Plenty of construction going on when we were there including a garbage bin outside our door which made for easy toss of refuse right out the door, ha. Wish that was better explained and for privacy and noise issues maybe would have went to the other end of the hotel but again, hard to complain when the owners are investing to fix the place up, better to deal with that than a crumbling facility that is not maintained. I prefer the nostalgic hotels that have some history to them and this one has it. I shall return, and ask for a repeat discount of course!

Room Tip: first floor would have no privacy and little view so we ran the 2nd floor, would have went higher bu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your patience with our renovations as we work to improve our property for the future. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico, and that you were able to take advantage of our great beach front hot tub and heated pool. Thank you again for choosing Paradise Palms, we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Sunny Regards,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

This place is disgusting. I am not a picky person at all, and can deal with things not being perfectly clean. But finding two spots of cigarette ashes in my bed, dead bugs in the tub is unacceptable. I was greeted with a used Condom in the parking lot which I can get over since its not in my room but seriously when it comes to where I sleep and shower, I can't have that. I'm on vacation and I can't wait to leave.... How bad is that?

• Stayed January 2013
Liza85, Owner at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We appreciate your taking your time to share your concerns about your visit on Trip Advisor, and we are very sorry for the problems you experienced. We had just completed extensive renovations to the room you are in, and the Executive Housekeeper had checked it herself the day you checked in. So we especially regret that you found problems with your room.
When the General Manager spoke with you today, we thought that your concerns were resolved. Please know that the General Manager remains willing and able to meet with you and do whatever is within our power to please you. So please feel free to call him at the number he left with you. We really would love for you to leave a happy guest!
Thanks,
Julie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My fiance, my sister, and myself stayed here on our way back home from Orlando. I had stayed here in the past so decided to go back. (they give a discount to return visitors which I didn't know until I said I had stayed previously). I chose to stay there again because it is right on the beach and fairly cheap. You do, however, get what you pay for. The rooms are clean enough. The beds are not very comfortable but still sleepable. The tv didn't work and one of the lamps didn't either but that wasn't that big of a deal because we went for the beach. Their "breakfast" consisted of semi-stale donuts, instant oatmeal, and machine dispensed orange juice. The big pool looks cool but very cold both times we were there. To be fair though I stayed here in mid March and late September. The smaller pool was somewhat heated so fairly comfortable temperature. All in all if you are looking for a cheap room on the beach, this is your place. If you're looking for a five star place, keep looking.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. Not much more expensive and well worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our returning guest discount, and found us to be a good value directly located on beautiful Panama City Beach. All of our rooms here at Paradise Palms have balconies overlooking the emerald green waters of the Gulf of Mexico - no parking lot views here! We appreciate your feedback, and hope to have you as our guest again soon. Thank you for choosing Paradise Palms!
Kind Regards,
Apollo Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Talk about a used and abused hotel. The internet makes it look so nice, but totally a good photographer. We spent 10 days traveling from Tampa to New Orleans and back up the coast. This was the only hotel that we could not check in early for. When we finally got a our Key and the total opposite end of check in, we walked into our room to find it was already occupied. I would have been livid if I was the couple in that room heard that there room was compramised. So not a good start. Finally in our room, room was dirty, old, shower was horrible, god forbid your husband is tall, forget about fitting. The ac was so loud, it woke me up all night, horrible! The beach was even dirty, cans in the water, trash on the beach. Very trailor park trash to be honest. We were to stay two nights, we checked the next morning and headed to Port St. Joe to the Inn. Breakfast the next morning was a joke and the area itself is just beat. The only cool place was an outdoor mall that had movies, places to eat, shops and was definetly the highlight of that area.

If I were you I would blow right through that area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of some of the great shopping and dining that Pier Park has to offer, only a short drive from our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with some aspects of your stay. I will be sure to forward your comments to our front desk staff, and to our Directors of Housekeeping and Maintenance so that we can better accommodate our guests in the future. You will be happy to hear that renovations are currently underway to our rooms, roof, and balconies. We appreciate feedback from valued customers, like you, as it helps us to improve.
Marietta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here for four nights the first week of November. Had beautiful weather, with no crowds. Room was clean and larger than I expected. Although it is an older motel, it definitely was a great place to stay for such a reasonable rate. We were on the first floor and ten feet from the sand, and ten feet from one of the pools. Because it wasn't crowded, there was no noise or a lot of people walking by. The view was awesome. Not sure how it would be during the summer, but I recommend staying here in the fall.

Room Tip: hide your valuables, especially if you are on the first floor. My Kindle came up missing. Didn...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us in Paradise! Fall is a fantastic time of year to enjoy views of our beautiful beaches without the crowds. I am sorry to hear that your Kindle was lost during your stay, I will be sure to forward your comments to our Security Manager on staff. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Sunny Regards,
Libertyville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in October. Wonderful location. Beach is amazing. Rooms r clean. Def not dirty like others have said. There r some things that could use a little remodeling but ppl expect to much. I am sure their homes are not completely perfect either. I am OCD about cleanliness and I thought it was just fine. They were also remodeling the entire time we were there so my guess is they r taking care of their few small problems now. I will continue to go back!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am glad to hear that you found us to be a great value vacation destination on Panama City Beach, centrally located directly on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. For your next visit, be sure to ask about our returning guest discount. Happy guests like you are our greatest Treasure! We appreciate your comments, and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Best Regards,
Lori D.

Been to Paradise Palms? Share your experiences!