“Cheap room on the beach.” 3 of 5 stars

You added Paradise Palms to your Saves list
Paradise Palms
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12907 Front Beach Rd., Panama City Beach, FL   |
Ranked #29 of 43 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Cheap room on the beach.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My fiance, my sister, and myself stayed here on our way back home from Orlando. I had stayed here in the past so decided to go back. (they give a discount to return visitors which I didn't know until I said I had stayed previously). I chose to stay there again because it is right on the beach and fairly cheap. You do, however, get what you pay for. The rooms are clean enough. The beds are not very comfortable but still sleepable. The tv didn't work and one of the lamps didn't either but that wasn't that big of a deal because we went for the beach. Their "breakfast" consisted of semi-stale donuts, instant oatmeal, and machine dispensed orange juice. The big pool looks cool but very cold both times we were there. To be fair though I stayed here in mid March and late September. The smaller pool was somewhat heated so fairly comfortable temperature. All in all if you are looking for a cheap room on the beach, this is your place. If you're looking for a five star place, keep looking.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. Not much more expensive and well worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our returning guest discount, and found us to be a good value directly located on beautiful Panama City Beach. All of our rooms here at Paradise Palms have balconies overlooking the emerald green waters of the Gulf of Mexico - no parking lot views here! We appreciate your feedback, and hope to have you as our guest again soon. Thank you for choosing Paradise Palms!
Lori D.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Apollo Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Talk about a used and abused hotel. The internet makes it look so nice, but totally a good photographer. We spent 10 days traveling from Tampa to New Orleans and back up the coast. This was the only hotel that we could not check in early for. When we finally got a our Key and the total opposite end of check in, we walked into our room to find it was already occupied. I would have been livid if I was the couple in that room heard that there room was compramised. So not a good start. Finally in our room, room was dirty, old, shower was horrible, god forbid your husband is tall, forget about fitting. The ac was so loud, it woke me up all night, horrible! The beach was even dirty, cans in the water, trash on the beach. Very trailor park trash to be honest. We were to stay two nights, we checked the next morning and headed to Port St. Joe to the Inn. Breakfast the next morning was a joke and the area itself is just beat. The only cool place was an outdoor mall that had movies, places to eat, shops and was definetly the highlight of that area.

If I were you I would blow right through that area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of some of the great shopping and dining that Pier Park has to offer, only a short drive from our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with some aspects of your stay. I will be sure to forward your comments to our front desk staff, and to our Directors of Housekeeping and Maintenance so that we can better accommodate our guests in the future. You will be happy to hear that renovations are currently underway to our rooms, roof, and balconies. We appreciate feedback from valued customers, like you, as it helps us to improve.
Marietta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here for four nights the first week of November. Had beautiful weather, with no crowds. Room was clean and larger than I expected. Although it is an older motel, it definitely was a great place to stay for such a reasonable rate. We were on the first floor and ten feet from the sand, and ten feet from one of the pools. Because it wasn't crowded, there was no noise or a lot of people walking by. The view was awesome. Not sure how it would be during the summer, but I recommend staying here in the fall.

Room Tip: hide your valuables, especially if you are on the first floor. My Kindle came up missing. Didn...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us in Paradise! Fall is a fantastic time of year to enjoy views of our beautiful beaches without the crowds. I am sorry to hear that your Kindle was lost during your stay, I will be sure to forward your comments to our Security Manager on staff. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Sunny Regards,
Libertyville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in October. Wonderful location. Beach is amazing. Rooms r clean. Def not dirty like others have said. There r some things that could use a little remodeling but ppl expect to much. I am sure their homes are not completely perfect either. I am OCD about cleanliness and I thought it was just fine. They were also remodeling the entire time we were there so my guess is they r taking care of their few small problems now. I will continue to go back!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am glad to hear that you found us to be a great value vacation destination on Panama City Beach, centrally located directly on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. For your next visit, be sure to ask about our returning guest discount. Happy guests like you are our greatest Treasure! We appreciate your comments, and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Best Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

This is a pretty good hotel for the price & location. My wife & I always go in October so nothing around is really crowded. The pools are nice & clean & you can't beat the view. Every room is beach front with a balcony. We've never had any problems with parking but like I said we go down in October after schools are back in & all the teenagers & college students are gone. We stayed 6 nights this last time & could not have had a better time. To be honest, I wouldn't even think about going during spring break or the peak summer season anymore. It's way too crowded (that's every hotel)...these people get on here & leave bad reviews for people drinking all day or yelling things at them on the strip...IT'S PANAMA CITY!! What do you expect? There's other more family friendly beaches than PC. I also see people complain about the breakfast, do they expect a full breakfast bar with all the meats? Sure there are other hotels around that will have more of a selection but you know what...you're going to pay for it. I think people want a 5 star resort for 2 or 3 star prices & amenities. We stayed 6 nights for $383.00. Where else are you going to find that on the strip beach front? Yeah the hotel is a little old & could certainly use some updates, but you're at the beach, who goes to the beach to sit in their hotel room all day?

I will definitely stay there again every time I go to PC.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking time to leave such a thorough review on Trip Advisor! We greatly appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be a great value vacation destination in an unbeatable location on Panama City Beach. The fall is a great time to visit our gorgeous emerald coast with less crowds and fantastic off-season rates. Please be sure to ask about our returning guest discount when you book your next trip to Paradise. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Sunny Regards,
Eustis, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were hoping for a first floor room, but they gave us one on the second floor (smack in the middle of both stairways). Arrived to a COLD room, too bad the humidity in the room was about 90%, so the tile floor was wet. Our balcony door looked like someone tried to break into it in the past (from the outside) Which is likely due to the fact that they had a warning that balcony hopping is illegal right on the door. The main light didn't work in the room and the lamps had a hard time turning on, we think due to the moisture. Maintenance did come and fix the main light when we called them. Our remote for the TV stopped working and they replaced that too. The A/C hit 63 by the time we went to sleep and it was a tad drier in the room, but it was FREEZING! They share the waterfall pool with the Days Inn next door (it was FREEZING, like 74 degrees?), but they have their own small pool that seemed warmer. The beach was awesome soft white powder sand. Only a few dead fish that we took notice too. We skipped the "complimentary breakfast" the first morning, but went the second day as we were checking out. Coffee, Milk, Apple Juice, Oatmeal machine and glazed doughnuts was all that was offered. Overall, it could have been worse. But for $89 a night it should have been better.

Room Tip: Request a 1st floor room .. All rooms face the ocean ..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that our staff was accommodating, and that maintenance was able to quickly correct the issues that you mentioned. You will be happy to hear that updates are currently underway to our rooms, roof, and balconies in order to provide better accommodations for the future. We appreciate feedback from valued guests, like you, as it helps us find and target areas where we can improve. Thank you for choosing Paradise Palms, we hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Berkshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Unfortunately for us we had pre-booked our room through Booking.com otherwise we would have driven straight past here!! The customer service here was bad, we received an e-mail from booking.com as the card we had reserved the room with was refused due to it being cancelled after it was cloned and we had all our money stolen. The email stated that our room would be held until 6pm on the night of arrival providing we could give alternative payment on arrival. As soon as I got this email I called the hotel to confirm we would be coming and would pay when we arrived. The woman was really rude and called me a thief saying that she had already cancelled my room as, in her words "you can't book a hotel room using a stolen credit card ma'am" Well in foresight I really wish I hadn't argued the fact with her and just let her cancel it!!
The room (140) can only be described as awful. It was really dirty and smelly. Everything seemed to be broken or ready to break and the concrete walls and ceiling made it feel like you were in a carpark! The beds were OK and the bedding clean, but the bathroom was just disgusting the shower was so hot it burnt as I think all of the cold water was coming out of the tap below!!
The free Wifi was very hit & miss and we think the had blocked Trip Advisor as we could access every other website we tried except that. Breakfast consisted of donuts or grits, coffee and juice..
I could carry on all day but I may never stop.
Please just save yourself the heartache and don't stay in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you had some preliminary issues with booking your room, and that you felt dissatisfied with some aspects of your accommodations. You will be happy to hear that renovations to our rooms, roof, and balconies are currently underway so that we can better accommodate our guests in the future. Feedback from valued guests, like you, helps us to target and improve on problem areas. I hope that you were able to take advantage of some of the great activities within close proximity to our hotel on beautiful Panama City Beach during your stay.
Lori D.

Been to Paradise Palms? Share your experiences!