“Not SO bad, could have been better” 3 of 5 stars

Paradise Palms
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12907 Front Beach Rd., Panama City Beach, FL   |
Ranked #30 of 52 hotels in Panama City Beach
Eustis, Florida
“Not SO bad, could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were hoping for a first floor room, but they gave us one on the second floor (smack in the middle of both stairways). Arrived to a COLD room, too bad the humidity in the room was about 90%, so the tile floor was wet. Our balcony door looked like someone tried to break into it in the past (from the outside) Which is likely due to the fact that they had a warning that balcony hopping is illegal right on the door. The main light didn't work in the room and the lamps had a hard time turning on, we think due to the moisture. Maintenance did come and fix the main light when we called them. Our remote for the TV stopped working and they replaced that too. The A/C hit 63 by the time we went to sleep and it was a tad drier in the room, but it was FREEZING! They share the waterfall pool with the Days Inn next door (it was FREEZING, like 74 degrees?), but they have their own small pool that seemed warmer. The beach was awesome soft white powder sand. Only a few dead fish that we took notice too. We skipped the "complimentary breakfast" the first morning, but went the second day as we were checking out. Coffee, Milk, Apple Juice, Oatmeal machine and glazed doughnuts was all that was offered. Overall, it could have been worse. But for $89 a night it should have been better.

Room Tip: Request a 1st floor room .. All rooms face the ocean ..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that our staff was accommodating, and that maintenance was able to quickly correct the issues that you mentioned. You will be happy to hear that updates are currently underway to our rooms, roof, and balconies in order to provide better accommodations for the future. We appreciate feedback from valued guests, like you, as it helps us find and target areas where we can improve. Thank you for choosing Paradise Palms, we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Berkshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Unfortunately for us we had pre-booked our room through Booking.com otherwise we would have driven straight past here!! The customer service here was bad, we received an e-mail from booking.com as the card we had reserved the room with was refused due to it being cancelled after it was cloned and we had all our money stolen. The email stated that our room would be held until 6pm on the night of arrival providing we could give alternative payment on arrival. As soon as I got this email I called the hotel to confirm we would be coming and would pay when we arrived. The woman was really rude and called me a thief saying that she had already cancelled my room as, in her words "you can't book a hotel room using a stolen credit card ma'am" Well in foresight I really wish I hadn't argued the fact with her and just let her cancel it!!
The room (140) can only be described as awful. It was really dirty and smelly. Everything seemed to be broken or ready to break and the concrete walls and ceiling made it feel like you were in a carpark! The beds were OK and the bedding clean, but the bathroom was just disgusting the shower was so hot it burnt as I think all of the cold water was coming out of the tap below!!
The free Wifi was very hit & miss and we think the had blocked Trip Advisor as we could access every other website we tried except that. Breakfast consisted of donuts or grits, coffee and juice..
I could carry on all day but I may never stop.
Please just save yourself the heartache and don't stay in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you had some preliminary issues with booking your room, and that you felt dissatisfied with some aspects of your accommodations. You will be happy to hear that renovations to our rooms, roof, and balconies are currently underway so that we can better accommodate our guests in the future. Feedback from valued guests, like you, helps us to target and improve on problem areas. I hope that you were able to take advantage of some of the great activities within close proximity to our hotel on beautiful Panama City Beach during your stay.
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Paradise just passed with an average rating. The hotel common grounds are ok but dated. Sort of rough around the edges. The rooms are very old and out dated but clean. The lamp shades were stained, and the bedspreads have seem much better days.Our room door facing the beach was VERY old and pulling apart. None of the outdoor faucets for washing sand off worked, some of the balcony by the pool was marked off for?? Now for the pros; A beautiful beach and lovely pools. The staff was friendly. They served refreshments by the pool in the evening and played a movie on the hotel wall afterwards. If you are just there for the beach then ok.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms would be safer.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We strive to provide a great value vacation destination directly on the sugar white sands of Panama City Beach. I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of some of the great amenities and activities our property has to offer during your stay. We appreciate your comments, as they help us to improve problem areas for the future. You will be happy to hear that updates are currently underway to better accommodate our guests in the future. Thank you for choosing Paradise Palms, we hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Best Regards,
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed two nights and everything was fine. The place is a little old, peeling paint, bath fixture loose, but nothing major. TV, fridge, safe in 2 queen bedroom. Small balcony, awesome view. Two pools. Continental breakfast included was about the worst I've ever seen. Donuts and an oatmeal/grits machine plus coffee isn't what I call breakfast. There isn't much in terms of restaurants or shops within walking distance so without a car we ended up taking cabs more than expected. Overall it was great for two friends doing vacation on a budget.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you found us to be a great value vacation destination for friends, and that you enjoyed views of the beautiful emerald green Gulf of Mexico from your balcony. You will be happy to hear that updates are currently underway to our rooms, roof, and balconies, in order to improve for the future. Please be sure to ask about our returning guest discount when you book your next trip to Paradise. We appreciate your feedback, and value your suggestions for ways to better your experience with our hotel.
Best Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Checked in for a one night stay, booked via Hotels.com. This is an old hotel that needs to be re-furbished, but a great location. The room faced the beach but the beach side room door did not lock from the outside, just from within. The white sands of Panama beach are terrific and the water was clear and warm. Room was very cheap to rent, so no real complaint, as long as you were careful to lock the doors when away, Room inside was clean and quite comfortable. Two pools are shared by the hotel next door and have a bar located by the pool and waterfall.

Room Tip: 1st Floor had direct access to beach and deck.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive comments with us on Trip Advisor! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay on beautiful Panama City Beach. We strive to provide a great value vacation destination directly on the sugar white sands and emerald green waters of the Gulf of Mexico. I am sorry to hear that you had trouble with your door lock, I will be sure to forward your comments to our maintenance staff. You will be happy to hear that updates are currently underway to our rooms, roof, and balconies, in order to improve for the future. Thank You for choosing Paradise Palms, we hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

The good: Great location. Great view from the 4th floor! Impeccable service, employees going above and beyond to help. Comfortable beds, a quiet sleep, A/C worked good, except for one thing (below), loved the place for the price.

The bad: Just the hot water in the bathroom... intermittent at best, odd. Workable for our stay of 1 night but I couldn't do it for an extended visit (that's the one thing).

The tolerable: This place is old, and it shows, but honestly, it feels like classic PCB to me and I'll take that over a high priced, over hyped, tourist vacuum.

Final note, I'm going to write a letter to the staff and after bravos and commendations, explain the water situation. From what I've witnessed, I'm sure they'll be interested, and work towards the solution (especially since some others on here have mentioned it as well).

Final final note: Don't NOT stay here due to prior bad reviews, for the money, being right in the Gulf, Paradise Palms is one of the best values on the beach. If you demand perfection, whip out a bigger wad of cash and go somewhere else. For my fam, we enjoyed it here.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking time to leave such a thorough review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your comments, our staff works hard to make Paradise Palms the best value vacation destination on the beach. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with water temperature during your stay, I will be sure to forward your comments to our maintenance and renovation teams. Thank you for choosing Paradise Palms, we hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Sunny Regards,
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I would give this loc a little above average but not very good as listed next in ratings. I took my son and 3 nephews to this hotel. I requested the 4th floor and got it. They let us check in early and they were very friendly. The view was amazing!! The floors do get a bit icky but you are beachfront SO you better expect sand being tracked in. The rooms were cleaned daily! Make sure you read all the info packets in the room. It states DO NOT open your door unless you know who is on the otherside or you can see them to verify they are staff. We had someone banging on my door at 0130am insisting on coming in. I called the front desk and they sent security out immediately. My nephew was hurt by the pools swinging gate and they tended to him right away. They didn't do any follow ups which is a bit disappointing but they did take pictures and come to my room (since he was a minor) for a statement. Lots of things on the beach (which I do NOT recommend the parasailing- specially the one right by the room) but the pier fishing was fun and in walking distance and places to eat and other entertainment right on the strip.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it if you are traveling with older children or you watch your smaller ones at all times. The area didn't seem so bad BUT it is a vacation spot with lots of people getting drunk. At this particular hotel we didn't have any problems with those people but walking up and down the strip there are lots of young adults yelling and carrying on .. which you will experience staying in any of those hotels!!

Room Tip: The elevators are extremely slow .. if you have a lot of luggage or for the easiest access to the b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be conveniently located, and were able to take advantage of some of the great activities and restaurants within walking distance. I am sorry to hear that your nephew was hurt during your stay, and am glad that our staff was attentive and able to help. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to have you as our guest again soon. Be sure to ask about our returning guest discount when you book your next stay with us. Thank you for choosing Paradise Palms!
Sunny Regards,
Lori D.

Been to Paradise Palms? Share your experiences!