“Barely average hotel but beautiful beach,” 3 of 5 stars

Orbitz.com Expedia.com
Paradise Palms
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12907 Front Beach Rd., Panama City Beach, FL   |
Omaha, Nebraska
“Barely average hotel but beautiful beach,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Paradise just passed with an average rating. The hotel common grounds are ok but dated. Sort of rough around the edges. The rooms are very old and out dated but clean. The lamp shades were stained, and the bedspreads have seem much better days.Our room door facing the beach was VERY old and pulling apart. None of the outdoor faucets for washing sand off worked, some of the balcony by the pool was marked off for?? Now for the pros; A beautiful beach and lovely pools. The staff was friendly. They served refreshments by the pool in the evening and played a movie on the hotel wall afterwards. If you are just there for the beach then ok.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms would be safer.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We strive to provide a great value vacation destination directly on the sugar white sands of Panama City Beach. I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of some of the great amenities and activities our property has to offer during your stay. We appreciate your comments, as they help us to improve problem areas for the future. You will be happy to hear that updates are currently underway to better accommodate our guests in the future. Thank you for choosing Paradise Palms, we hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Best Regards,

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed two nights and everything was fine. The place is a little old, peeling paint, bath fixture loose, but nothing major. TV, fridge, safe in 2 queen bedroom. Small balcony, awesome view. Two pools. Continental breakfast included was about the worst I've ever seen. Donuts and an oatmeal/grits machine plus coffee isn't what I call breakfast. There isn't much in terms of restaurants or shops within walking distance so without a car we ended up taking cabs more than expected. Overall it was great for two friends doing vacation on a budget.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you found us to be a great value vacation destination for friends, and that you enjoyed views of the beautiful emerald green Gulf of Mexico from your balcony. You will be happy to hear that updates are currently underway to our rooms, roof, and balconies, in order to improve for the future. Please be sure to ask about our returning guest discount when you book your next trip to Paradise. We appreciate your feedback, and value your suggestions for ways to better your experience with our hotel.
Best Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Checked in for a one night stay, booked via Hotels.com. This is an old hotel that needs to be re-furbished, but a great location. The room faced the beach but the beach side room door did not lock from the outside, just from within. The white sands of Panama beach are terrific and the water was clear and warm. Room was very cheap to rent, so no real complaint, as long as you were careful to lock the doors when away, Room inside was clean and quite comfortable. Two pools are shared by the hotel next door and have a bar located by the pool and waterfall.

Room Tip: 1st Floor had direct access to beach and deck.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive comments with us on Trip Advisor! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay on beautiful Panama City Beach. We strive to provide a great value vacation destination directly on the sugar white sands and emerald green waters of the Gulf of Mexico. I am sorry to hear that you had trouble with your door lock, I will be sure to forward your comments to our maintenance staff. You will be happy to hear that updates are currently underway to our rooms, roof, and balconies, in order to improve for the future. Thank You for choosing Paradise Palms, we hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Kind Regards,
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

The good: Great location. Great view from the 4th floor! Impeccable service, employees going above and beyond to help. Comfortable beds, a quiet sleep, A/C worked good, except for one thing (below), loved the place for the price.

The bad: Just the hot water in the bathroom... intermittent at best, odd. Workable for our stay of 1 night but I couldn't do it for an extended visit (that's the one thing).

The tolerable: This place is old, and it shows, but honestly, it feels like classic PCB to me and I'll take that over a high priced, over hyped, tourist vacuum.

Final note, I'm going to write a letter to the staff and after bravos and commendations, explain the water situation. From what I've witnessed, I'm sure they'll be interested, and work towards the solution (especially since some others on here have mentioned it as well).

Final final note: Don't NOT stay here due to prior bad reviews, for the money, being right in the Gulf, Paradise Palms is one of the best values on the beach. If you demand perfection, whip out a bigger wad of cash and go somewhere else. For my fam, we enjoyed it here.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking time to leave such a thorough review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your comments, our staff works hard to make Paradise Palms the best value vacation destination on the beach. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with water temperature during your stay, I will be sure to forward your comments to our maintenance and renovation teams. Thank you for choosing Paradise Palms, we hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I would give this loc a little above average but not very good as listed next in ratings. I took my son and 3 nephews to this hotel. I requested the 4th floor and got it. They let us check in early and they were very friendly. The view was amazing!! The floors do get a bit icky but you are beachfront SO you better expect sand being tracked in. The rooms were cleaned daily! Make sure you read all the info packets in the room. It states DO NOT open your door unless you know who is on the otherside or you can see them to verify they are staff. We had someone banging on my door at 0130am insisting on coming in. I called the front desk and they sent security out immediately. My nephew was hurt by the pools swinging gate and they tended to him right away. They didn't do any follow ups which is a bit disappointing but they did take pictures and come to my room (since he was a minor) for a statement. Lots of things on the beach (which I do NOT recommend the parasailing- specially the one right by the room) but the pier fishing was fun and in walking distance and places to eat and other entertainment right on the strip.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it if you are traveling with older children or you watch your smaller ones at all times. The area didn't seem so bad BUT it is a vacation spot with lots of people getting drunk. At this particular hotel we didn't have any problems with those people but walking up and down the strip there are lots of young adults yelling and carrying on .. which you will experience staying in any of those hotels!!

Room Tip: The elevators are extremely slow .. if you have a lot of luggage or for the easiest access to the b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be conveniently located, and were able to take advantage of some of the great activities and restaurants within walking distance. I am sorry to hear that your nephew was hurt during your stay, and am glad that our staff was attentive and able to help. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to have you as our guest again soon. Be sure to ask about our returning guest discount when you book your next stay with us. Thank you for choosing Paradise Palms!
Cookeville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel for every type of traveler who wants a decent beachfront hotel without the expensive prices. Myself and a group of close friends stayed in August and the hotel staff was extremely friendly (we even got to check in early). The majority of people staying were families with young children and also younger couples. The atmosphere was very relaxed. I paid $69 a night (I upgraded to a bigger room with a microwave and fridge/ $10 more a night). The room had recently been updated. It was definitely an average room ( nothing special) but it was CLEAN! I am extremely happy with the hotel service, price, and atmosphere. I know many families are on tight budgets but still want a decent and relaxing place to go for vacation and I honestly believe Paradise Palms with fulfill that standard. The same thing applies to non-family travelers. If you are looking for a nice hotel with a fantasic 24 hour pool area, beachfront views, and standard rooms (2 beds, 1 bath, vanity, tv, desk, and balcony) then I would definitely suggest Paradise Palms!

Room Tip: I would suggest upgrading for $10 more a night if you need a microwave and fridge.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time to leave your positive review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to provide a family friendly value vacation destination directly on the emerald green waters of beautiful Panama City Beach. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon. Remember to ask about our returning guest discount when you book your next stay, valued guests like you are our greatest treasure!
Norfolk, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We spent four nights at this hotel. The room needed to be updated, badly, but it was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was nice and they cleaned everyday! Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. My husband and I were here for our anniversary and we had a great time! We spent most of our day enjoying the city so when we came back to the hotel; all we needed was a shower and to rest, so the room met our needs and was comfortable!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed spending your anniversary with us on beautiful Panama City Beach. Our staff works hard to provide a great value vacation destination, and we appreciate your positive comments! You will be happy to hear that updates are currently underway to our rooms, roof, and balconies, in order to better accommodate our guests in the future. Thank you for choosing Paradise Palms, we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Kindly,
Lori D.

Been to Paradise Palms? Share your experiences!