“A few concerns but overall not that bad” 3 of 5 stars

Paradise Palms
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12907 Front Beach Rd., Panama City Beach, FL   |
Ranked #29 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Houston, Texas
“A few concerns but overall not that bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I would give this loc a little above average but not very good as listed next in ratings. I took my son and 3 nephews to this hotel. I requested the 4th floor and got it. They let us check in early and they were very friendly. The view was amazing!! The floors do get a bit icky but you are beachfront SO you better expect sand being tracked in. The rooms were cleaned daily! Make sure you read all the info packets in the room. It states DO NOT open your door unless you know who is on the otherside or you can see them to verify they are staff. We had someone banging on my door at 0130am insisting on coming in. I called the front desk and they sent security out immediately. My nephew was hurt by the pools swinging gate and they tended to him right away. They didn't do any follow ups which is a bit disappointing but they did take pictures and come to my room (since he was a minor) for a statement. Lots of things on the beach (which I do NOT recommend the parasailing- specially the one right by the room) but the pier fishing was fun and in walking distance and places to eat and other entertainment right on the strip.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it if you are traveling with older children or you watch your smaller ones at all times. The area didn't seem so bad BUT it is a vacation spot with lots of people getting drunk. At this particular hotel we didn't have any problems with those people but walking up and down the strip there are lots of young adults yelling and carrying on .. which you will experience staying in any of those hotels!!

Room Tip: The elevators are extremely slow .. if you have a lot of luggage or for the easiest access to the b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be conveniently located, and were able to take advantage of some of the great activities and restaurants within walking distance. I am sorry to hear that your nephew was hurt during your stay, and am glad that our staff was attentive and able to help. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to have you as our guest again soon. Be sure to ask about our returning guest discount when you book your next stay with us. Thank you for choosing Paradise Palms!
Lori D.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Cookeville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel for every type of traveler who wants a decent beachfront hotel without the expensive prices. Myself and a group of close friends stayed in August and the hotel staff was extremely friendly (we even got to check in early). The majority of people staying were families with young children and also younger couples. The atmosphere was very relaxed. I paid $69 a night (I upgraded to a bigger room with a microwave and fridge/ $10 more a night). The room had recently been updated. It was definitely an average room ( nothing special) but it was CLEAN! I am extremely happy with the hotel service, price, and atmosphere. I know many families are on tight budgets but still want a decent and relaxing place to go for vacation and I honestly believe Paradise Palms with fulfill that standard. The same thing applies to non-family travelers. If you are looking for a nice hotel with a fantasic 24 hour pool area, beachfront views, and standard rooms (2 beds, 1 bath, vanity, tv, desk, and balcony) then I would definitely suggest Paradise Palms!

Room Tip: I would suggest upgrading for $10 more a night if you need a microwave and fridge.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time to leave your positive review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to provide a family friendly value vacation destination directly on the emerald green waters of beautiful Panama City Beach. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon. Remember to ask about our returning guest discount when you book your next stay, valued guests like you are our greatest treasure!
Norfolk, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We spent four nights at this hotel. The room needed to be updated, badly, but it was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was nice and they cleaned everyday! Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. My husband and I were here for our anniversary and we had a great time! We spent most of our day enjoying the city so when we came back to the hotel; all we needed was a shower and to rest, so the room met our needs and was comfortable!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed spending your anniversary with us on beautiful Panama City Beach. Our staff works hard to provide a great value vacation destination, and we appreciate your positive comments! You will be happy to hear that updates are currently underway to our rooms, roof, and balconies, in order to better accommodate our guests in the future. Thank you for choosing Paradise Palms, we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Kindly,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

The pictures online can be deceiving! We arrived early and the girl told us she would call when the room was ready, but 5 hours later we called them to find out that our room had been ready! We walk in and the room smells, but its a hotel so it was bearable. The tile flooring was DISGUSTING!!! It looked like it had not been cleaned in a very long time! We wore shoes at all times when we were in our room, we even wore cheap flip flops when we took a shower. This place was nasty, we even tried to make it work by buying a bottle of cleaner and cleaning the shower but it still felt gross. The door to the balcony was so hard to open! You had to do this manuver of wiggling the handle just right and then throw your whole body weight at the door in order to open it, and sometimes that didnt even work! The water faucets outside where you rinse the sand off didnt work either. That was the last straw for them. So after one night we decided we were moving and we would pay whatever it cost to get out of there! So we moved down the road to Beach Tower. This place was like a five star resort compared to paradise palms!

• Stayed August 2012
Liza85, Front Office Manager at Paradise Palms, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with some aspects of your stay. I will be sure to forward your comments to the director of housekeeping so that she can review them with her staff. You will be happy to hear that we are currently making updates to our rooms, balconies, and roof, in order to improve for the future. We appreciate your feedback, as it helps us target problem areas.
Kind Regards,
Leesburg, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I would not stay in this hotel again, We stayed here because of the location which was right on the beach which is the only reason I give it two stars. The roomwas good but needed a door mat sice the floors are tile and sand gets tracked in the room. But the main issue here is cutomer service this place needs to be on Hotel Impossible, First off we reserved a king room and the gave us two double beds. When we asked where to park they simply told us "Over there or over there, or across the street" never telling us we could park door front. So the gave us a luggage cart and point the direction, never saying that the first floor was lower than the lobby.So off we go with a loaded down cart to search for our room finding out that we were on the second floor ( did they tell us where the elevator was nope). So finally we find two house keepers that point us to the elevator. When we get to our room after total agravation our key card dosent work. Ok finally in the room which was quite nice.Off to the pool sitting on the deck a maint. person passes my chair i noticed the smeel first he looked as though he had slept in the dumpster not mearly taking out the trash. This is a hotek right arent the staff supposed to be clean and kept? Maybe he was just having a bad day, nope saw hime the next day in the same condition management come on at least have him tuck in his dirty shirt ans comb his hair.
This is a bare bones operation only one ice maker in a large hotel with aboslutly no frills
All said wife and I had a good time but would not stay here again due to the LOUSEY customer service.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you were happy with your accommodations, and that you were able to enjoy views of our beautiful Gulf of Mexico during our stay. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced regarding our staff. I will be sure to go over your comments with our front desk and Director of Maintenance. We appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to target problem areas and improve for the future. Thank you for choosing Paradise Palms Inn.
Kind Regards,
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Paradise Palms is directly on the beach and offers two pools. At only approximately $90/night, I knew the hotel wouldn't be anything exceptionally fancy. For a hotel that cheap on the beach, you can't go in with high expectations. For that reason, I was happy with our room. I thought the decor was acceptable and the room was clean. All of the rooms offer a view of the beach. We were right next to one of the pools, which was nice. Of the two pools, one was quiet and family friendly, with children's movies being shown in the evening. The other, which is the one Paradise Palms uses in their advertising but is actually part of the attached Days Inn, was a nightmare. It looks good in pictures, but the pool was impossible to enjoy. It's overcrowded with teenagers and drunk twentysomethings. We avoided it at all costs. There was no way we could take our six year old in that area. Also, another reason I booked Paradise Palms was the advertised free breakfast. "Breakfast" is quite an exaggeration. It was frozen donuts, oatmeal packets, and coffee. My biggest complaint is the doors. The key cards didn't work well at all, and the front and back doors were in terrible condition. It took two of us to get the doors open; one to slide the card, the other to body slam into the door. They were hard to open and hard to close completely. I didn't feel particularly safe. Our room adjoined another, and the door was thin with a busted door jamb so that the door wasn't sturdy or closed fully. Paradise Palms is within walking distance of some good restaurants and plenty of shops, so that was an advantage. Would I recommend it to someone? Probably not, just because it didn't feel safe and parts were definitely not as advertised. However, because of the price and the proximity to the beach and some of the sites, I can't say that it was horrible. If the owners of the facility would put some effort into improving the issues that really wouldn't be that difficult or costly to fix (namely the doors and the so-called "breakfast"), I would've felt comfortable giving this a much higher rating. It definitely doesn't seem like the operators are that interested in keeping up with the competition in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for taking time to leave such a thorough review of your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to know which areas need improvement. You will be happy to hear that we are currently renovating our rooms, roof, and balconies, in order to provide a better experience for our guests in the future. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be conveniently located to many shops, restaurants, and attractions on Panama City Beach, and were able to take advantage of some of the great family amenities that our property has to offer. We strive to provide a great value vacation destination at the best location on the beach. I apologize for any disturbance you may have experienced during our busy summer season. If you choose to stay with us again during the spring and fall, you'll find the atmosphere to be very peaceful. Be sure to ask about our returning guest discount; valued guests, like you, are our greatest treasure!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Me and my fiancé were on a tight budget this trip, so I felt like we got our money's worth for this hotel. We only paid 89 per night which was much cheaper than any other gulf front hotels. The location was wonderful, we were within walking distance from most places, and all rooms have an amazing gulf view. The parking was terrible, it always took circling the lot about three times to find a spot, And pulling out was hard to see, and on a steep heel which is rough on a manual transmission. The shower switched from hot to cold and the tv did t work well. The lagoon pool was great, but I would not recommend it for anyone wanting to relax, the music was very loud and there were a lot of drunk college age kids always at the pool. But the rooms were very clean which is the most important to me.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be a great value, clean and comfortable, and conveniently located directly on central Panama City Beach. The summer season on our beautiful beach is always bustling with activity, with lots of great places to eat and things to do. I am sorry to hear that you had some trouble with parking. Your feedback helps us to target problem areas so that we can improve for the future. Thank you for staying with us at Paradise Palms, we hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Lori D.

Been to Paradise Palms? Share your experiences!