“We Didn't Want to Leave the Resort!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Laketown Wharf Resort to your Saves list
Laketown Wharf Resort
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   9902 S Thomas Dr, Panama City Beach, FL 32408   |
Livingston, Louisiana
“We Didn't Want to Leave the Resort!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Laketown Wharf was a great place to spend our family vacation. Our condo was beautiful! We had an awesome view of the beach from the front balcony and a great view of the lake and local amusements from the back balcony.

The condo was furnished with everything that we needed. The beds were so comfortable it was like sleeping on a cloud. I wish that I could have brought the bed home with me.

We rented the two bedroom with extra bunk beds. It was plenty of room for our family of four. In fact my sister in law came to stay for a few nights with her husband and year old baby and we still had plenty of room.

The pools were the highlight of the trip for us. We only spent a total of about eight hours at the beach during the entire week because we loved the pools so much. The main pools featured a DJ daily from 11-4 and kids activities through out the day. There is also a bar that serves snacks, a snow cone station, an arcade, and vendor that does hair wraps and temporary tattoos.

The lake pool was a bit more quiet and there was only a few other people there when we visited. The kids pool was adorable. It features all sorts of squirt/sprinkle/splash fountains and an adorable butterfly slide.

The "tenth floor pool" as my kids called it or the family pool was nice and relaxing as well. The kids liked this one the best. I think because it got a little deeper and they could spread out a bit more.

The whole family took advantage of the fitness facility and found it very nice.

The resort is literally a few minutes walk to the beach, local restaurants, beach shops, and more.

We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The resort owned rooms were perfect.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Very nice place, excellent rooms, clean and taken care of, fully furnished and everything you need, I would recommend it, yes it's worthwhile. They should however have told us about this major construction to the fron and side, daytime only, never got a quiet moment at the pool on the 10th floor. I hope they hurry up with that road construction.

Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I found this resort online after extensively researching resorts in the area. We usually stay at a certain resort that was very competitive when it first opened 3 years ago; their prices are no longer as competitive as they used to be, so we ventured out to find a new deal.

Check in was easy. The desk employee explained everything we needed to know about the resort, answered all of my questions and we were on our way in less than 5 minutes. Let me stop here and say that this hotel uses codes to open the doors instead of keys...LOVE IT! No trying to keep up with a key at the beach and different attractions!
We didn't have a problem with the elevators until it was time to check out. My husband waited about 20 minutes for an elevator on one trip to the car. Otherwise, we had no problems during the week. Tip: There are other elevators in the building...just ask where they are.

The condo was very clean. Modern up-to-date appliances. Everything was in working order.

The pools were very clean, not heated - but not cold. There were plenty of chairs available. We only went to the family pool near the entrance, but there are 4 other pools available. There's a family-friendly DJ there everyday from about 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. who played great music and took requests.

Although the resort is across the street from the beach, we never had a problem getting across the street with our 2 little ones, my mom and a bunch, bunch, bunch of beach stuff! Just walk through Pineapple Willy's parking lot, down there ramp and you're there!

Parking was never a problem. We always parked on level 1. Nice-sized spaces so that you didn't get your car bumped by another. We came in late one evening and had to park on Level 2. I believe there are 6 levels and there is an elevator in the garage.

Wal Mart is literally across the street. We walked over a couple of times. Wonderful!

One complaint was the "kids klub." It's more like daily kids activities; some were free, most were not; many were cancelled (probably due to lack of interest). they need to either drop the name Kids Klub, or offer a true Kids Klub. My 8 y.o. was looking forward to the Kulb (as were we), but ended up being disappointed by the lack of organized activities.

Unfortunately, due to the lack of rain in the area, the Fountain Lights show was cancelled. Not their fault and truly disappointing because all the condos had a great view of the fountains. They did a great job of making sure you knew about this change, as it was posted on their website as well as in the lobby when you checked in.

Overall, OK prices (but what do you expect at the beach?), Great Service and an excellent resort.

Moultrie, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Loved it, the rooms were beautiful and large and well accomdated. The kitchen is more than i imagined. Its fully stocked with utensils and dishes to make your stay feel like u are at home!!! I did not want to leave! In some of the reviews it states the elevators were slow, I had not one problem, i only waited a minute each time i went up and down and with small kids there was a lot of going u0p and down. The veiw just beautiful!!!

Chipley, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

We stayed here in the fall and realized what a gem this place was then. The rooms are the biggest on the beach or at least the biggest in a condo that I've seen. Both bedrooms were large as was the living area. This is not Gulf front but you can see the Gulf, across the street, between and above the other condos. The light show is entertaining and the four pools are awesome. The one down side to this place is the elevator system. This is a large condo but there are only five elevators for the entire place. Getting an elevator in peak times is almost impossible. Add to that the fact that the parking decks have elevators of their own that are not connected to the condo itself. When I was there last week, the south deck elevator was not working at all. This place has the potential to be the best value on the beach but they do need to address the elevator issue.

Room Tip: Always ask about their specials.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Clarksville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

We just stayed at Laketown Wharf for 4 days. We had 7 adults and 3 children. My family of 5 (Children ages 1, 5 and 8), my parents, my in-laws and my uncle. We picked this hotel because it was large enough to have everyone in the same room, yet still have enough space to spread out some. I will start off with the positives, because its a short list. The room itself was beautiful. The decor was very modern, the bathrooms were large and the balcony was huge with a nice view. The room was extremely clean. My older children loved the bunk beds. The electronic door locks were great so that you dont have to fumble for a card key or wonder if you had the key, or who had the key when you left. The light show on the lake was cool, the kids enjoyed it. However, there were several MAJOR flaws with this hotel. The first problem we encountered was the balcony door locks. Having an almost two year old with us, safety was a huge concern. The balcony locks were EXTREMELY hard to lock. Only two people from our party of 7 were able to correctly smash the two doors together with enough force and then flip the switch in time to lock the door. This was a huge cause of anxiety during the entire trip, as was the front door lock that was just a deadbolt flip switch at doorknob height, no higher lock out of little hands reach. I would absolutely not recommend this hotel to parents with small children who might be curious about opening the doors. The biggest issue we encountered was the elevators! They were SO SLOW, and one day they flat out were not operating at all. We were on the 9th floor, so walking down 9 floors of stairs got old FAST. As was traversing the hotel to find another working elevator. The first time the elevators took forever, my father went to the front desk to report the problem and the lady told him "What do you want me to do about it?" I tried to report the same problem the next day and the front desk told me there were more elevators on the property that might work better. Which lead to us always walking way across the hotel just to go anywhere. One time that we actually did get an elevator, I jumped in and stuck my foot out the door to hold the elevator for the rest of our party, and an employee came over and told me I could not hold the door, that it would break the elevator. (Too late, it barely works anyways!) Our air conditioner broke down the second day we were there. Maintenance did come fix it that night. The complex itself feels like a maze. Breezeways lead to nothing, we encountered locked gates and you can see various pools but cant figure out how to get to them. (Tip:Dont try to take an elevator there!) The pools are not heated. The water was FREEZING (and this was late May) and my children were shivering while trying to swim. Housekeeping is only available if you call ahead and pay extra for it. So you have to wash your own bath towels. Because nothing says VACATION like doing laundry right? Especially with a large party. The lake was disgusting. You could see beer cans, a patio table, and just various trash floating around in it, and the smell was just horrid. Guests are not allowed to have dogs, but condo owners are. You cant bring your dog here, but you can listen to a condo owner's dog yap while unattended on a balcony. We tried so hard to like this place. Every day we'd say, "We are in Florida on vacation, it cant be that bad!" But later, while walking around the hotel trying to find a working elevator, with multiple children, beach bags, etc, we found ourselves saying "This hotel is SO annoying!" Bottom line: We wont be back, and with as many choices and options that there are for hotels in Panama City, I'm sure there are much better places to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Conway, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

We visited this location just recently and found it to be a premier location with beautifully appointed rooms. We had a 14th floor Gulf View, which was terrific from the very large balcony. The interior of our 2 bedroom unit was as well appointed as you can imagine. Granite counter tops, large clean bathrooms, comfortable beds and a great balcony/terrace. The facility is located just accross the street from the Gulf Shore Beaches, and access was not a problem at all. 5 different pools, give you many choices from a family pool, to an adult only pool. The pond side of the facility has a large board walk and pool and seating areas built out into the pond itself. Quite unique.

The front desk staff was extremely cordial and helpful. It's a nice change of pace to get a person with a smile on their face at the front desk!! There are also many restaurants, shopping areas and attractions within walking distance. We would highly reccomend this facility for your next vacation.

Room Tip: Call or reserve well in advance.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Laketown Wharf Resort? Share your experiences!