“Its a small place but Great to Visit!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Swimming with dolphins
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Our daily shows featuring Dolphins, Sea Lions, Reptiles, Tropical Birds and other furry animals will amaze you. Pay one price and see all the shows and explore our indoor and outdoor tropical gardens showcasing penguins, sea turtles, alligators and flamingos. Our stingray petting pool is always a popular activity during your visit. Parking is free and we are open rain or shine.We offer many ways for you to get up close and personal with our animals. You can make a reservation for any of our interactive programs. Our Swim with a Dolphin program is a great opportunity to enter our million-gallon dolphin habitat and get eye to eye with these fantastic animals. The Trainer for a Day program is an all day program behind the scenes working with our trainers caring for our animals. Our Day Camps are filled with fun activities learning about different animals. Our Sea Lion & Dolphin Meet-N-Greet programs allow you to interact with our animals and trainers during training sessions.
Dalton, Ga.
81 attraction reviews
“Its a small place but Great to Visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

First off I think it was a little pricey for such a small place but it was a Great place to visit! We did the Dolphin Show, the Riptile Show, the Magic Show, and a lot more! We loved all of the shows! This was in December when we visited so it was a little on the chilly side. Our Daughter who just turned 4 years old loved everything inside Gulf World! There is a lot to see and do inside Gulf World, I would recommend going here.

Du Quoin, IL
“Fun day for all.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Small, compact marine park. Clean and friendly. We visited during a record low temp period the end of Dec., so all the animals that are normally outside for viewing had to be taken inside for their well being. They offer nice shows and have them timed right so that you can see mostly everything they offer. Don't think in terms of a big park like Sea World, no rides or big exhibits here. However, this is a nice relaxing way to spend half of a day while there. The grandkids loved it, and so did we.

Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Had an amazing time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My daughter, myself and my four year old grandson went to Gulf World Marine Park on Dec 28 2012, and it was awesome. My grandson was totally captivated by the dolphins and thought the sea lions were "cute". They even provided small carpets for you to sit on as the seats were outdoors and it would have been to cold to sit. The park is well maintained, and the staff is helpful and very accommodating. The pricing is reasonable, as we only had to pay for two adults, my grandson got in for free.
The show is delightful, and a good time was had by all.

Kalamazoo
4 attraction reviews
“Loved the Sea Lion Show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The sea lion show and Dolphin shows were awesome. It was neat to watch them feed the huge sea turtles and sharks.

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Wet and wild fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I generally try to avoid touristy places, but Gulf World sounded interesting and I wanted to see the dolphin show. I thought it was a bit pricy ($30), but since you're able to get in and out privileges for the day, that makes it more reasonable.

There are a number of shows offered to visitors, and start times are staggered so you can go easily from one to the next. Of course everyone wants to see the dolphin show, so I'd recommend getting there early to get a good seat. Note that the dolphins splash - a LOT! Take it from me, if you want to stay dry, sit at least six rows up...I'm still drying out.

Other shows include a reptile show, a magic show (which alternates with a scuba show), and sting ray feedings. Visitors are encouraged to pet the sting rays.

Besides the dolphin show, one of my favorite parts was the tropical garden area, filled with colorful exotic birds. You are able to get fairly close to them, which kept me happily taking pictures.

There is a gift shop and small snack bar: snack bar prices are fairly reasonable, but since you're right in the beach area, there are better options close by.