“Just a dump with scary people hanging about” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   12525 Front Beach Rd., Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #24 of 44 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Just a dump with scary people hanging about”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The room was small, outdated everything. On lower level didn't like that. A LOT of walking to get to my car carrying luggage. SO that is not convenient at all. Pool is way too small for so many rooms. Too many young people around drinking at pool playing beer games getting too wild while families could not enjoy their time. Building is old itself. Staff unfriendly and did very little when myself and others complained about the 20 somethings being rude, loud and drunk! So if you are young NO kids sure this is the place. Or if you just don't have the money for a nice condo that will have better clientele this is the place for you. Stayed here once in my 5yr in row visit to PCB and that was the only time I stayed here. I have found a wonderful condo resort on beach private balcony two bed room LOVE it for not much more than this dump. ALSO on phone I was told I had a Balcony! LIE I had a walk way with a chair!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank misskimmy1969

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Got a deal for $ 99/nite. Checked in at 3 am with no problems, wished the front desk had been a bit more friendly and accomodating about a poolside unit but hey I was paying for a $ 99 room so beggars can't be choosers. The room was adequate, bed comfortable, a bit on the hard side but still very comfortable, clean, ac blew cold, balcony opened right up to face the beach...We were please with our "2" nite accomodations at the place on our way to Disney World. Coffee in room, when we asked for extra towels they were provided, and the location is great. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank janiceHoustonTX
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family has been going to Panama City Beach for 50+ years. From my grandparents down to us grand kids, we've stayed in several of the hotels on the strip. This is by far the best one I've found. My favorite by far was the old Beachcomber but hurricane Andrew blew it away so when it came to finding a new one, we were worried. This one matches it very closely though. A very down to earth and friendly staff, clean, quiet rooms, awesome customer service, smack in the middle of the strip and right on the beach. It's not a high rise conglomerate or snotty timeshare....just a small hotel doing its thang. :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ontheroadagain1886
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Older hotel. Clean rooms. Pool spotless. great location. Room misrepresented when booked, we anticipated a larger room with pullout- had a roll-a-way (old & uncomfortable) instead. Would try them again because of the location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I work as a housekeeping manager in a hotel. So I know how hard housekeeping can be. When I asked the Housekeeper to change my sheets she replied NO! I will do it tomorrow. Tomorrow was my checkout date. Then i asked for an extra blanket and she gave me one with 3 large holes in it I know this place isn't a Marriott but they could use some customer service training for the housekeeping staff. I guess she will get her tip... tomorrow.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank lovedosey
Piney Flats, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great, clean place to stay. Very friendly staff. Comfortable beds. We had rented the cabana, which was right on the beach, if we was any closer we would have had to pitch a tent. plenty of shops, restaurants and plenty of activites to do within walking distance. Would stay here again if ever back in the area.

Room Tip: choose the cabana if you want to be right on the beach!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I would like to share with you our most recent trip to Panama City Beach, Florida. We stayed at the wonderful Chateau Motel on Front Beach Road. This motel has been here since the early 1960, and the kindness and warmth and the good nature of the 1960 is still here. It is rare you find an older motel with the same values we once shared as a country. You also know its special when the staff has been there between 4 to 10 years and some even longer. This Motel is owned by family members who actually work with the staff and are on top of their business. My family would like to thank the staff for the wonderful service we received during our vacation, It's a wonderful place to stay but the best were the friendly faces. It was as if we were with family. Please pass this on to our housekeepers and Maintences as well. Every morning it was always good morning or good evening and is there anything we can get for you and how is your room. Note: Parents who have special needs child as I do, its a great place very relaxing the ocean is very calming for these children. Also they don't mind if you go late at night in the office to get away for awhile and surf the computer. They never knew of my special needs children, so it was a true kindness. Once again thank you and we will see you again the same time next year!

Room Tip: Middle floor right off the parking lot. Delux Suite. Faces the ocean wonder and room 322 is next to...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family