I booked this place based on the Trip Advisor reviews and award they received. My first impression was the hallways. They were dark and dingy and had water all on the floors and water dripping from the ceiling from the upper floors. Then, of course, there are no elevators, so if you had a room or "Cabana" by the beach, you had to walk down several flights of stairs with your luggage to get to your room. That could be over looked as this is an old hotel. But once I got to my room, all was not okay! The carpet, bed linens and blankets were very worn, stained and old. The ceiling panels were warped and sagging and the mattress was bowed and also sagging and looked like it had been slept in for the last 40 years. I had a hard time staying here when we arrived, but we had no other place to go and already paid money for the room, so we figured we would stay and make the best of it. The room appeared clean on the surface (excluding the carpet and blankets) and I saw no bugs, but I was looking for them. The door had to be slammed several times before it would lock and this would be every time I closed it. In fact, on the morning I left, it would no even shut, let alone lock!! The sheets had such an odor that it actually woke me up and I could not get back to sleep! I actually felt so nasty in my room that I walked around with socks on and slept fully clothed! And I cleaned the tub before I took my shower!!! The next day I decided to leave, even though I paid for more than 1 night. This hotel has a 7 day cancellation policy, so I lost 1 night stay. I understand it is by the beach, but I have stayed at other beach hotels that are right on the beach and paid the same rate and they were nice. I will say that the staff was very nice. But I would never stay here again!!!
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Hotel
- Chateau Motel Panama City Beach
- Chateau Hotel Panama City Beach
- Chateau Motel Panama City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Panama City Beachfront motel sits on a 500 foot stretch of sparkling, emerald green Gulf shoreline. Relax beside our lagoon-style, Gulf side pool. Take a leisurely stroll at sunset. Whatever you desire, the Chateau Motel is conveniently located close to the best Panama City Beach attractions and offers guests 150 ocean-view rooms with 5 floor plans to choose from. Located in the heart of the Miracle Strip, there is no better place to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Chateau Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.