“WHAT YOU DONT SEE IS WHAT YOU GET” 3 of 5 stars

You added Carillon Beach Resort Inn to your Saves list
Carillon Beach Resort Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   114 Carillon Market Street, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Atlanta, Georgia
“WHAT YOU DONT SEE IS WHAT YOU GET”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This property is a time share and private living community. There really is no Ocean front suites if you don't own timeshare on the property and live in one of the homes on the site. We had an ocean view if you looked between the houses. The suites are located right by the main highway and what you do get a great view and sound of is the police stopping cars right off the bridge and traffic. This was not at all what I was expecting. I paid for a 1bed room king and got a studio apartment with a 2 burner stove. They are a mix of holiday inn and a resort as my bed was directly at the front door!!! (So light sleeper beware, also emphasizes the great view of traffic) This was my biggest disappointment, really what 1bedroom resort has the king bed at the front door. I was pissed my husband was pissed and even though we visited the 3rd week in November and there was only 2 other cars parked in the lot there there was nothing that they could do.(really, it was a ghost town)
Life gives you lemons make lemonade, so all the wonderful photos you see are of corner rooms which are way to expensive, surely there for those purchasing time share, not paying customers and you will only see the other marvelous views if you reseve bikes and ride throughout the property. This place was clearly a case of what you don't see is what you get. My husband loved the area we will be going back but will be staying at another location. It was not a bad place all.in all we made the best but if you own timeshare or stay in resorts frequently, you will be MAD!!!

Room Tip: Unless you pay for a corner room 3 rd floor and up with a fireplace you may as well stay at residenc...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Carpet was terribly stained and worn as was bed spread. At end of stay, guests are told to strip bed and place sheets in tub.
The overhead light and only light in bathroom is very dim.
Very uncommon in this day and time, there is no wi-fi!
Not enough hot water for bath
Hot tub was cold
Pool was freezing cold
Sent us to a restaurant that is closed until December 26!
Coffee horrible

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Carillon Beach Resort Inn not only has flawless views and friendly staff. It allows for you to have the perfect vacation whether if you are with your family or on a couples getaway or getting together with friends. The atmosphere is fantastic and everything is within walking distance. There is no reason to leave this blissful resort. My husband and I just spent our first wedding anniversary at the Inn and we couldn't have asked for anything more. I can't wait to go back here again and bring our family. Best vacation spot ever! You will get everything you could ask for and more at the Carillon Beach Resort Inn. Thank you Chad Noonan once again for your hospitality.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Burlington, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was my second visit to Carillon Beach Resort Inn. Very pleased. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. The cleanliness of the room and resort met my previoudly established expectations.

My review this time still mimicd my previous review (sept 2012)...one perk/plus that I didn't notice on my last visit was daily in-room towel exchange. That was awesome. On my previous visit I recall having to exchange the towels in the lobby.

Carillon Beach Resort Inn, thanks for another great stay. Keep up the good service and looking forward to visiting again next year.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

You can't beat the beautiful views, attentive staff, excellent resort amenities, perfect location and a management team better than Carillon Beach Resort Inn! Resort manager, Chad Noonan, exemplifies the true meaning of quality service. I finally found my perfect vacation spot here at Carillon Beach Resort Inn! I highly recommend this resort as your vacation and guarantee you will find your perfect vacation spot here as well!

• Stayed July 2013
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I do not understand how or why anyone could give this place a bad review. We just got back today after a 6 night stay at the Inn. From the beginning everyone on the staff was so friendly. Nikki at the front desk was such a sweet pleasant and friendly person. Yes the beach is a golf cart ride away but we were taken there within minutes of requesting a ride and picked up with minimal wait after calling the desk when we were ready to leave the beach. The beach was nice and quite. There are 4 pools to choose from but the one right by the Inn is by far the largest and best. The pool by the beach has a great view and wonderful breeze but the water was heated which is not what I wanted on a warm day. The room was very clean and I am a picky person about cleanliness and was very pleased with the room. We did have to change out our linens at the front desk but that was no problem. We did not have to use any of the beach towels we took with us as they provided a clean one whenever we took the used one back even if it was several during a day, so I do not understand what the person was talking about in the earlier post about having to use the same beach towel for a week, nonsense... If you hate dogs probably best you stay somewhere else as this place is very dog friendly. My sister and I both took our dogs and they had a wonderful vacation there with us. The stores in the little village there are also dog friendly. On Monday nights the have a concert on the " green" there and we enjoyed that very much. The restaurant there called the Castaways has a Philly cheese steak to die for. The Inn also has bicycles you can check out for free, for an hour at a time, which is enough time for a great ride around the beautiful property. The only complaint is that for the price maid services should have been included and not only provide if you were willing to pay extra(which we were not) and there should have been free beach chairs and umbrellas on the beach as part of their services. I hear the rent on those is $30 a day, ridiculous. All in all a wonderful place for a get away especially with your furry friend in tow. I do not know what some people expect these days after reading some of the reviews. No place is completely perfect. Those people who are so picky need to get a life or maybe just stay at home

Room Tip: First and 4th floor are the pet friendly rooms. We stayed on the first floor and it was wonderful to...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We were a little concerned when we read the reviews because we rented from the unofficial rental place. Overall we had a positive experience. Our room was clean. Fine size for our family of 5 for 3 nights. Had to request towel service - would recommend doing so at check in. No extra rolls of toilet paper or trash bags - but publix across the street so no big deal. Beach was great - actually enjoyed the walk - may be a little long for families with toddlers and/or lots of gear. Beach not too crowded. Favorite pool was the one by the inn - nice hot tub and plenty of room. Other pools were nice but a little small and subsequently crowded. Community was quiet. Loved running through the community each morning!! My only complaint is that people didn't always clean up after their pets. Would consider staying there again!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Carillon Beach Resort Inn? Share your experiences!