“Stay away!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cabana Cay by Oaseas Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Cabana Cay by Oaseas Resorts
You added Cabana Cay by Oaseas Resorts to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   17188 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Knoxville,TN
“Stay away!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

I was hesitant to book due to the reviews I read here and I should have listened to my instincts..As stated,There are hiddens fees of around 90 dollars for our stay when I "only" paid 125 for the room through hotels.com The pool was very nice but as stated already,They had the cheapest amenities they could find (Durabrand from walmart) and the bedroom TV was at MOST 12 inches as opposed to the "Minimum 25 inch" They had advertised.The bed was VERY uncomfortable and the bunkbeds were 5 ft.(I'm 6'2) And built into the wall so you cant even overhang.This place is a ripoff if not but simply for the false advertising.I have disputed the charges and been refunded through my credit card company,I suggest you do the same if youve been reamed by this place.Absolutely worst vacation Ive had in PCB.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Marietta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

Friendly staff and easy check-in. Arrived early and was able to get right into our unit. One problem we had was the door handle on the sliding glass door was broken. They did come take the handle off, but never came back to put a new one on. Property was very clean and well maintained. You can tell they didn't spend much of furnishings. Only a love seat and a chair in living room. Only enough sitting for three people, with the fourth having to sit at the table.
Easy access to the beach and within walking distance to grocery store.
Awesome pool!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

If you want to stay on the beach, do not stay here.... we were led to believe it was on the beach or right across the street. No you have to drive and then park or you walk a good distance. The room was horrible, carpet was so filthy(they made an excuse about sports teams being there) WELL CLEAN IT!! If I am staying somewhere I want stay at least as nice as my home or nicer. The only good thing was the pool, however, with the resort allowing young people around the pool drinking and being drunk was horrible. The language they used and the way they were portraying themselves in front of small children. Our daughter is 15 and she was even disgusted. The young girls were so drunk they could not stand up. Where was the SECURITY? This was a total joke. We do not recommend at all. Hotel 6 would have been better. DISGUSTED!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
georia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

The resort was very nice and clean. I arrived at 2:30 and the room was ready. The staff greeted us when we walked in. I already knew about the fees because I read other reviews. There is a $74.00 cleaning fee and a refundable $250 damage security deposit. I saw the refund on my credit credit within a week. If I had to complain I really did not like the fact that they wanted us to pull the sheet off of the bed before we left. But other than that it was wonderful. We were able to walk to the beach which is across the street and pool was great

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, Mo..
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

After reading some of the reviews we were quite worried what we got ourselves into.. We were pleasantly surprised with everything. The major problem we had was they did not have Intenet services available. We weren't very happy about that since we needed to check on things at work & at home while we were away. We ended up going to local free WiFi spots but that wasn't always the most convenient situation. Maybe once they are done building all the condos they'll get it hooked up, hopefully. The view was not the best but they are still building more units so not much they can do about that. I wish the place had been on the beach but we knew before getting there we were across the street from the beach. Having a grocery store in the same parking lot was very helpful for those last minute things. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. We had no problems with anyone that worked for the business at all. A few dining tips.. Joey's On The Beach (very close to the condos) was very good if you like cheesy pizzas and they're priced very well. We also enjoyed Beef O'Bradys (they have a kid's menu) and they are a free WiFi Spot..We enjoyed Calypso's but they did not have a kid's menu but they did have free WiFi. Hope this review helps you..

• Stayed July 2009
louisville,alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

My family and I just recently returned from our vacation stay at the Cabana Cay, First let me say that this place EXCEEDED ALL OUR EXPECTATIONS. The rooms were very clean, spacious & quiet.The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool was breathtaking,my son really enjoyed himself. Words can't explain how much I and my family enjoyed our stay. On our next trip to Panama City, Cabana Cay will be the place for us to spend our money on .

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
South Point, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

So with all the bad reviews on here, I felt the need to take the time to explain this place a little better so that everyone can make a better decision. A group of us decided we wanted to go to Panama City...all friends for many years...and thought a condo would be the choice. I am always the one who is in charge of picking the place we stay...so I began my search and came across the Cabana Cay. Many of the places down here do not allow anyone under 25 to book....and although we are very responsible this was one of the few places I knew we wouldn't have to deal with trying to work the age limit out and it looked very nice. After booking, several friends got on here and read reviews about the place and got very worried and began to worry me. I called back down several times assuring everything was as stated on the site and as quoted to me. **Remember not to book with expedia and other sites as there are fees the hotel charges that they dont...this is expedia's fault...not theirs! Go straight to the source...thats why they can offer "better deals"...not true! We stayed in the 2 1/2 bedroom 2 bath room...and it was very nice other than the beds not being all that comfy and the bunk room not having long enough beds for adults...not sure why that is as there is sufficient room in the bunk itself. While there, my sister had an incident with something falling off and causing her injury in the room through no fault of her own. Although the front desk did not want to help me, the corporate office was more than willing to compensate us for the incident by offering us another night at 50% off and being able to stay in the same room. I will say that the main front desk woman, Corby, is very rude and unwilling to help although the rest seem nice. I would absolutely stay here again as it provided us a nice place to stay when we weren't out enjoying Panama City....who comes to sit in their room? The security staff was very nice and helpful....and the Winn Dixie in front made for easy shopping. Don't let everyone else get you down...a good visit can be had here as long as you don't expect the world to be handed to you on a silver platter like some people do. Give it a shot...I don't think you will be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Cabana Cay by Oaseas Resorts? Share your experiences!