“The hotel is beginning to look run down. Room was...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Bay Point Resort

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Bay Point Resort to your Saves list
Wyndham Bay Point Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4114 Jan Cooley Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32407 (Formerly Bay Point Marriott Golf Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #27 of 53 hotels in Panama City Beach

1,303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
SUNDERLAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had a family wedding in the area. Most of us stayed here. Found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant and out on the dock was excellent. Unfortunate the store was closed because no bottled water available in the vending machines. Didn't like having to pay for business center. The worst thing was 7 members of our family had our credit card numbers stolen. Contacted the hotel many times but they didn't seem to care. We believe the numbers were stolen in the restaurant section as that is where we all ate a reception dinner. The card number I used at the desk was not hacked into. Be Careful with a credit card!!

Room Tip: Room by the pool was nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

No towels in the pool.
No mat in the bathroom.
Almost impossible to understand the gentleman when making reservations - talked to the desk clerk when we came, she seemed uninterested in the problem. This will keep us from staying there again.
Only saw one person during our stay. Cannot comment on staff as we did not deal with anyone but the desk person. Everything else was closed.
No TV information .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Clay W, Manager at Wyndham Bay Point Resort, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your experience while at the Bay Point Resort. I do apologize for your unsatisfactory experience during your stay. I have forwarded your comments regarding reservations to our Central Reservations office for their review. As well, I have spoken our manager on duty regarding your concerns about housekeeping. Again thank you for the review and I hope you will give us another chance to impress you!
PELHAM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had a very good experience at the hotel and would stay there again. The only thing I would change is the exercise room is small and the equipment needs to be updated. I would suggest that your guest would be able to use Serenity gym located next door at no extra charge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Clay W, Manager at Wyndham Bay Point Resort, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Mark G,
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay at the Bay Point Resort. I am happy to let you know that we have replaced and updated the equipment in the hotel fitness center. As well, we have relocated the fitness center so that now it overlooks our Palms Swimming Pool and beyond that St. Andrews Bay. Again thank you for the review, I hope you come to visit us again soon.
Lebanon, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We took a chance on a great deal at Wyndham Baypoint, Panama City Beach. We had booked a king room, but when we arrived we found that it was much smaller than we realized. It looked just like the pictures on the website, except that the carpet was old and stained. But we wanted more room.
We upgraded to a golf villa for a reasonable added fee, and were thrilled. It was very well done, clean, modern, spacious. Comparable to a suite at a Marriot or Sheraton.
The staff and service was EXCELLENT. A special mention goes to Liz at the front desk, who helped us change our reservation when we got there.
We loved the quiet, beautifully maintained grounds.

Room Tip: Golf villas are more recently built or updated. King rooms in the main buildings still need some wor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tom H,
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your recent stay at the Bay Point Resort. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that Liz was able to help you at the front desk. She is one of our best and I will be sure she is recognized for your kind words.
Again thank you for the review, I hope you come to visit us again soon.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a former Marriott Property, and during a visit in the off season, seemed to be a little dated. The housekeeping team was not the best, had to ask for towels the first night, and then the next day they never even showed up. Did receive a free breakfast buffet - which was limited (powdered eggs etc.). The convention staff was however awesome - very helpful. The bar staff all hated their job, and loudly told every customer that sat down. Overall, it was a decent place to stay, and it was far enough away from the craziness of PCB to be relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Reflections building - it is the newest and the nicest.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I attended a monument unveiling at the nearby US Navy Diving School, and this was the host hotel. It was a good choice, as it could accomadate large groups of people with a banquet room and a hospitality suite. The rooms themselves were nice and comfortable. I stayed 3 nights, along with my girlfriend, my two pet rabbits, and her pet rabbit. The staff was very nice and friendly. Very beautiful view of the beach. Luggage carts were always readily available. I also have a WYNDHAM REWARDS account, which I recommend every guest sign up for. The only problem that I had was a discrepency on my bill, that was quickly and graciously resolved with one phone call. I would stay here again if and when next in the area.

Room Tip: Try and get a room a little closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Marc C,
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your recent stay at the Bay Point Resort. I was glad to read you enjoyed your stay. We were honored to host the celebration of the monument dedication for the US Navy Dive School. The Bay Point Resort has always had strong ties to our uniformed services and we are grateful for your service.
Again thank you for the review, I hope you come to visit us again soon.
Clay Walker

Been to Wyndham Bay Point Resort? Share your experiences!