“Thanks and see you guys next year!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Bay Point Resort

You added Wyndham Bay Point Resort to your Saves list
Wyndham Bay Point Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4114 Jan Cooley Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32407 (Formerly Bay Point Marriott Golf Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #32 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
New Orleans
“Thanks and see you guys next year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Recently my wife and I stayed at the BPM for a quick get-a-way. From check-in to check-out, the entire staff was great! There are plenty options if you want to stay on site or close enough to the city to head out. Either way you can't go wrong with the BPM. I know other's have stated it's not new and so forth, however this is a nice resort with modern options. Whether you want to lounge at Limes, catch the Bay Point Lady to Shell beach or even ski and swim with Dolphins. The Bay Point Marriott is a great place to do all of the above and more.

Thanks and see you guys next year!

Room Tip: Don't look for modernization, but it's clean and has that beach resort feel!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I'll start off with the negatives. We stayed in the golf villas and the room was a bit run down. The bathroom door lock was broken. The carpet a bit stained. The room a bit musty. I loved the golf course view from the patio. The three pools were a hit with my kids. The room package includded an awesome breakfast buffet in the kingfisher restaurant each morning and it was awesome. Their breakfast menu was well tailored for my kids. A bonus for this resort is a daily boat ride to shell island for free! The schedule takes you to shell island about six times a day. Shell Island is incredible! The island is uninhabited by humans so that means no facilities, no restaurants, etc. We had no time to visit other beaches during our stay but were extremely satisfied with the resort and our trips tp Shell Island. I would stay at this resort again.

• Stayed July 2011
Dublin, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I can't understand how this hotel made Conde Noste Traveler's Gold List!. The entire hotel badly needs a makeover! The carpet in our room was worn and dirty. There were two hot tubs on the property and neither of them worked. The fitness room had a very limited number of workout machines. There were two ellipticals and one of them squeaked very badly. I don't know when Conde Noste gave them a Gold rating, but it must have been 20 years ago! We stayed for 6 nights on an award stay, but I certainly would not pay to stay at this hotel. None of the rooms at this hotel have large balconies. All of them are too small to even sit on them. We knew this hotel was not on the ocean, but it still would have been nice to be able to sit and enjoy the bay views.

Room Tip: None of the rooms here have large balconies. All of them are too small to even sit on them.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
PFNBP-DOSM, Director of Sales at Wyndham Bay Point Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Dear lpettis,

I regret to hear that you were so disappointed with your stay. We work very hard to make sure that our valued Marriott Rewards members receive the complimentary upgrades to which they are entitled which usually include a Bay View room based on availability. Just over half of our Bay View rooms have "sit-down" balconies that overlook the picturesque St. Andrews Bay.

I've forwarded your comments about the hot tubs, elliptical machine and guest room carpet to our housekeeping and maintenance team so your issues are addressed immediately. Our goal is to have everything in working order. This is the first we've heard of an issue with the hot tubs and elliptical machine during your stay dates last week, but trust me when I tell you that they will be addressed.

I hope that when you plan on visiting Panama City Beach again you give our resort another try. Please contact me with your travel dates so I can look to see what the probability is of a complimentary upgrade being fulfilled based on your Marriott Rewards status.

Dawn Wolfe
Director of Sales & Marketing
Bay Point Marriott Golf Resort & Spa
850-236-6023
dwolfe@marriottbaypoint.com
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have stayed here in business twice now and have found it to be very comfortable, clean and convenient. They have a conference center so it's nice not to have to drive or walk to the venue. What sticks in my mind is the very friendly and professional staff. Nothing is too much for these folk. I will be back hopefully.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Newnan, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The hotel location was remote from all of the hustle and bustle.This would not be a place to stay if you want to be in the midst of the action of PCB. All of the "guidebook" restaurants are a bit of a drive from the hotel. The property lobby is beautiful and grounds were well maintained. Our room was on the 3rd floor of the 2nd building, but we had to go to the 3rd building to get an elevator and walk back over a bridge. The rooms were clean and neat but a little worn. We were suprised to find we were not on a beach and had to take a scheduled free shuttle to get out to the beach. Shell Island is a magnificent beach, but the boardwalk to the shuttle and then out to the beach from the dock made it a challenge to carry our beach "stuff" for the day. Service and food in the restaurant were fine, but nothing special. Towels that were supposed to be available pool side were not and there wasn't an attendent to assist. There is a shuttle to and from the golf course and my husband enjoyed the course.

Woodstock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Whenever I travel I am very critical of the hotels that I stay in whether it is for business or pleasure. Everytime we have stayed at the Bay Point Marriott the service is excellent.

My wife and I recently spent our 16th wedding anniversary there and I made a special request to have the "honeymoon" suite. The suite was available and we enjoyed it very much. It is like a little apartment and feels comfortable and secluded. The room overlooks the St. Andrews bay and one of the many pool areas and multiple palm trees. This room has two balconies, one off of the living room and one off of the bedroom. The room has an oversized shower and a jetted tub.

My wife and I treated ourselves to the Serenity Spa which is located one building over on the property. I have three words for the spa: Money Well Spent!

This hotel has lots to offer, multiple pools, great food, freindly people, kids activies, watersports rentals, free boat transport to the local secluded beach and a lovely marina. Most of all the staff is willing to do whatever it takes to make you happy while you are there... you just have to ask.

Below is an email that I sent to Property/Hotel Manger:

From: Will Jones
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:39 PM
To: David Sheets
Subject: Thanks!!!!

David,

Once again we had a wonderful time there at the Bay Point Marriott. Your staff did an excellent job as always. Serenity Spa was AWESOME as usual. The staff over there is great!

We had the pleasure of meeting Pete the Asst. Manager of Kingfish as he was walking by the pool one afternoon. We spoke for a few minutes and he was kind enough to set us up with a reservation for our anniversary dinner in the “wine room” at the restaurant.

The atmosphere was great… but missing music. I walked out to go get my iPod and portable speakers from our room and ran into Shellondria (sp). She asked me how everything was and I told her great and that I was on my way to our room to get our music. She volunteered to go and get it for me. She promptly went all the way up to our room, three buildings over, and came back and had a smile on her face and was happy to run the errand for me.

Needless to say the dinner was great, the wine was great and the service was perfect. Trey was our waiter and he was very pleasant and took good care of us.

My wife and I enjoyed our time there as we always do. Your staff did an excellent job at making us feel special and right at home. I am sorry we did not get to see you or the Presidential Suite this time, so I guess we will just have to come back again soon.

Thanks again for all you do and making us feel like we are special.

Will and Laurie Jones

Room Tip: Call and simply ask! the folks at the Bay Point will accomadate your request if the room type you wa...
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

This place has the looks of wonderland but once you walk on the inside and deal with the arrogant employees and the HIDDEN FEES this place can put a damper on your vacation. With over priced continental breakfast and very slow service. We were told certain rates and policies when we checked in, and soon found out at check out we still had a balance and different rates. Management needs to train there employees before allowing them to service guests. The hotel will place a hold for $50 per night and release 7 days later if you pay with a debit card. But its no where in writing or will be told to you during check-in. Room/Bathrooms were very small. Only good thing about our stay was the lime bar, dolphins, and the jet skis. Everything else SUCKED!

Room Tip: Book it somewhwere else!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Bay Point Resort? Share your experiences!