“Great Hotel for the money.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Villa Rica, Georgia
“Great Hotel for the money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

Great Hotel for the money !!!
We was 100% Satisfied with this hotel. All the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast Bar was very clean with wide variety. They made us feel very welcome, will use again for future visits.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
sleepinnpcb, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, October 6, 2010
Thank you so much for your review. I take great pride in my staff and hotel. Breakfast is always a challenge and Im happy that you enjoyed our selection. I cant wait for you to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Fairview Heights, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

My wife and stayed at the hotel for three nights at the beginning of August 2010. The hotel is clean with updated rooms and halls. The bathrooms were clean with good water pressure. Although the room was updated, including an LCD, the pillows were rather hard. Our only other complaint is the breakfast. Most value hotels seem to have at least some hot food item (eggs, sausage, waffles), but the Sleep Inn only had pastries, which were not very good (they seemed old).

Overall a good value for the money. If we had brought our own pillows and ate out for breakfast, it would have been an almost perfect experience!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
sleepinnpcb, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, August 31, 2010
Thank you for staying with us on your vacation. We have bought new pillows that I think you would really appreciate and love to sleep on. We have also added sausage, bacon, and eggs to our breakfast. Please come back and see us again. Thank you for your review. We are always trying to improve.
Cashiers, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

We recently spent 3 nights at this hotel. Absolutely everything was A-1. The desk clerks and housekeepers were all wonderful!! Everyone was so nice. The hotel was VERY clean. Breakfast was good. Rooms were great!! Nice fitness center & pool. I really can't think of anything that is not positive to say about this hotel. What a good value. Just as nice as places I have paid several hundred dollars a night for.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
sleepinnpcb, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Thank you very much for staying with us. I am very proud of our staff. Customers come first and they realize that. We love the fact that you can stay at our hotel and also save some money for your vacation. Please come back and visit us. We look forward to seeing you.
Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised by this property. It was a great value, very clean, staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was well appointed and spacious.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for staying with us. We take so much pride in this hotel. We would love for you to come back and stay with us every year. We will continue to upgrade our hotel daily. So the next time you visit expect nothing but the best.
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

This was my first time staying at Sleep Inn & Suites in Panama City Beach and I was very pleased with the outcome. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. Continental breakfast helped us save a little dough each morning! The hotel had a computer for the guest to use and a heated pool. My thirteen year old son, who always packs his own towel and wash cloth said to me, "Ma, the towels are soft!" I've stayed in more expensive hotels and most times the towels scratch your skin. We will definitely get to know the staff here, because we will be back! They allow pets and the place still smelled great! I told everyone about this hotel! Keep up the good work!!!!

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
sleepinnpcb, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, August 23, 2010
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel. We are very proud of our property and love to hear that a guest likes us. My staff is second to none when it comes to customer service and making you happy. By the way, I have just added Sausage, Bacon and Omelettes to the breakfast bar. Thanks again for your valuable input.
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

We recently traveled to Panama City for a spur of the moment weekend trip. I didn't want to spend a lot of cash on a hotel, so we chose the Sleep Inn. I found an $89 rate online, but being retired military and a AAA member, I usually book by phone direct to the hotel to try for a bit better rate. I was told by the desk clerk that the best rate I could get was $10.00 more than what I found online, so I booked through the net.

We got a non-smoking double Queen room (#304), and found the room to be spacious and clean. It suited our needs, but had some flaws. The bed was very firm (which I like) but the pillows were horrible, lumpy and uncomfortable. Also, the air conditioner in our room was annoyingly loud, turning on and off every 3 minutes to keep the room cool. Lastly, the television was a surprisingly small flatscreen that more resembled a computer monitor than a TV.

Aside from some coffee, tea, and a poppy seed muffin, we did not make use of the breakfast bar because we prefer a hearty breakfast over grab and go food. The parking lot entry can be a little tricky upon arrival, and the hotel is located on a very busy street leading to the beach. There are several attractions withing walking distance, but there are few close restaurants or convenience stores. I decided to run to a store for some beer to bring to the room, and the trip took me nearly 20 minutes to make it to the closest store 1/2 mile away at 9pm on a Friday night. You may want to make sure that you have everything you want when you check into the hotel.

Overall, a good inexpensive place to stay if you are looking for a double-queen room and don't want to pay beach prices, but there are a few problems.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
I apologize for the "few problems" that you experienced at our hotel. We strive everyday to be the best on the beach, but sometimes fall short of your expectations I guess. We feature 25" Flatscreen TV's for your enjoyment. I apologize it was'nt large enough for your comfort. The pillows are Choice Hotel approved and are used in every Choice Hotel. We will try harder next time to meet your expectations.
Batavia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

The stay at the hotel has won me over to the franchise. The original hotel the travel agent booked for my friend and me was a dump. So bad we could not even tolerate a one night stay. In a pinch we got on the internet looking for a hotel and began driving around closer to where my sister lived, being on the beach was not a necessity. This hotel was our second stop (first one was too expensive). I explained the situation to the clerk and he was supportive and quickly assured me that if I was not happy with the appearance of the room and hotel he would immediately refund my money. The first night was a great stay and we chose to continue to stay there for the remainder of the trip (a 5 day stay). Each day the room was cleaned and refreshed, the staff was friendly and always asked about our stay and any needs we may have. This included the desk staff and housekeeping staff. When my traveling requires me to stay in a hotel, a will stay at a Sleep Inn whenever possible. AAA discount was a bonus to as I would have to wait up to 3 weeks for a refund on the other hotel. I will be staying in this hotel when I visit my sister again. I will recommend it to other family and friends that visit Panama City Beach, FLA. It was minutes from my sisters home and about a10 minute drive to the beach . When I discribe the trials of my experience, I always compliment the Sleep Inn on its resonable price, cleanliness, general welcoming appearance, customer accommedations, and it's staff.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments! WooHoo we did it again. I'm so proud of my staff at this hotel. We love our guests very much and want you to be part of our family. We consider each guest a guest in our home and we strive everday to make you feel at home with us. Thanks again and can't wait to see you on your next trip.

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach? Share your experiences!