“Sleep Inn & Suites - Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Batavia, New York
“Sleep Inn & Suites - Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

The stay at the hotel has won me over to the franchise. The original hotel the travel agent booked for my friend and me was a dump. So bad we could not even tolerate a one night stay. In a pinch we got on the internet looking for a hotel and began driving around closer to where my sister lived, being on the beach was not a necessity. This hotel was our second stop (first one was too expensive). I explained the situation to the clerk and he was supportive and quickly assured me that if I was not happy with the appearance of the room and hotel he would immediately refund my money. The first night was a great stay and we chose to continue to stay there for the remainder of the trip (a 5 day stay). Each day the room was cleaned and refreshed, the staff was friendly and always asked about our stay and any needs we may have. This included the desk staff and housekeeping staff. When my traveling requires me to stay in a hotel, a will stay at a Sleep Inn whenever possible. AAA discount was a bonus to as I would have to wait up to 3 weeks for a refund on the other hotel. I will be staying in this hotel when I visit my sister again. I will recommend it to other family and friends that visit Panama City Beach, FLA. It was minutes from my sisters home and about a10 minute drive to the beach . When I discribe the trials of my experience, I always compliment the Sleep Inn on its resonable price, cleanliness, general welcoming appearance, customer accommedations, and it's staff.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
sleepinnpcb, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, August 23, 2010
Thank you for your comments! WooHoo we did it again. I'm so proud of my staff at this hotel. We love our guests very much and want you to be part of our family. We consider each guest a guest in our home and we strive everday to make you feel at home with us. Thanks again and can't wait to see you on your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

We were originally staying at the worst hotel on the beach. You couldn't watch tv for all the snow, the bed was as hard as asphalt, ect. I could handle all of that until my wife tells me that the comforter smelled like [--], so at 3 in the morning we changed hotels. Fortunately, the staff was great and got us a room at the Sleep Inn. They did absolutely everything they could to ensure that we were satisfied and had a good stay. At this point, the Sleep Inn is the only hotel is will stay at in PCB!

• Stayed May 2010
sleepinnpcb, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, May 23, 2010
Thank you for your respose. We work very hard to assure our employees are trained right and above all take care of our guests. As far as the rooms, our housekeeping staff is great. Im proud of them all.
Nalcrest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

Great front desk clerk; clean rooms-wonderful housekeeping staff.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. Please come back and stay with us again. You are always welcome here.
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

I stay at hotels 7 nights/month. I usually stay at Hampton Inns. This hotel compares favorably. Clean, comfortable rooms with good service. Brakfast not as good as Hamton Inns, but I only eat cereal anyway. My only complaint is that the cereal bowls and juice glasses are considerably smaller than I used to in other hotels. I wil continue to stay here when I'm in town.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I will check on the bowls and glasses to see if we are within Choice Hotels standards. Thank you for thre review and bringing this up.
South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

We stayed here for Thanksgiving week, visiting family. We normally stay at Holiday Inn Sunspree but wanted to save up our points for a summer stay, so we chose this hotel.

It is a clean hotel, VERY CLEAN! I mean, there were some dogs in the hotel and it did not spell of pets at all. It smelled pleasant and clean.

It was a very comfortable hotel. We were able to sleep well and it was QUIET.

The breakfast was adequate, they put little out at a time, but I can see not wasting food. It was kept very clean and the man staffing the area was very efficient in keeping it clean and refilling stations.

The front desk was mostly friendly.

The issues we did have was that they have NO WIRELESS internet in your room, and they do not have enough ethernet cables to go around. I bought an ethernet cable and the cable did not work. I had a paper due when I returned home to SC and I could not work on it. A couple of employess tried to help and another one could not be bothered. They handed me an ethernet cord on the day i was checking out. My husband travels extensively for business and he would not be able to do his work here. They do have wireless in the public area....one does not pay for a hotel room to sit in the lobby and if you are staying for business purposes and have sensitive paperwork, this does not work.

My husband and I answered a review sent to us by Comfort Inn. We have never complained about a hotel before and the only thing we complained about was the internet issue and the help less but mostly friendly staff. We recieved a rude letter from the General Manager and he basically told us to find another hotel to stay at...which we have, we went back to Holiday In Sunspree where we receive everything we need and more. We stick mainly to Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn now and my husband used to stay at Comfort Inn about 100 days in a year. So Comfort Inn has lost a lot of business from us because of this one rude General Manager who needs Anger Management and Customer Relations classes.

• Stayed November 2009
marietta, ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

The staff was very friendly and helpful. This is a newer hotel and is quite comfortable. Watch out turning left out of the parking lot. Median is not marked and will damage cars.

Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
sleepinnpcb, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, October 26, 2009
I am sorry that you had a problem with our curbing. The state added that when we opened. I have since added 4ft. markers on that curbing to prevent any further problems. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
Lucerne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

We stayed here for two nights in summer 2009 on the way crossing the US. We looked for something affordable, safe and clean. Beachfront Hotels were too expensive (it was high season) and other beachfront places that did fit our budget were too shabby. So we chose this place. By car you'll get to the beach in only a few minutes anyway.

The check-in was pretty fast and friendly. Location was close to the main street, but it wasn't noisy.
The rooms were nice and really clean. They come with a flat screen TV, microwave and a fridge. We had two really good nights here...quiet and safe.
If you are heading to Schooners (best restaurant in town!!), just take a left at the Hotel exit, that's the fastest way... and you'll get to the beach without much traffic.

So we were really happy with this place and would stay here again...nice Hotel...and a great town!!

Wanna know more about my trip? Click on my profile or visit:
route66traveler.jimdo.com

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach? Share your experiences!