“Great Condo # 2113” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tidewater Beach Resort

You added Tidewater Beach Resort to your Saves list
Tidewater Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   16819 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great Condo # 2113”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have been vacationing on the Emerald Coast now for years...and I think I have found the best condo on the coast for the $$$$ ... Location is the key: You can walk to the New "Pier Park Center" for food, entertainment (great night life) & shopping...If you like golf; this is golf heaven (Everyday)... If you are in to Theme / Amusement Parks just a short drive away...Lots of really good local restaurants in the area ....The Tidewater Resorts is clean and well maintained... But best thing is the Emerald Coast area... Beautiful green water and white sand beaches ... The area is clean and the beaches are well maintained ... Now this condo # 2113... this is why I said I think I have found the best condo for the $$$$....Not like some of the other condo that I have lease in the pass with that cheap discount "Beach" furniture and used stuff from home... This place is a gem....Very Clean .... and the decor is very tasteful ... To the owners of Condo # 2113 .... Great Condo.... I have already booked one stay for 2014 & may book another ... KOB

Room Tip: I would book condo # 2113 .... Great view from both side and you can see for miles...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed here for a week. The condo was very clean. The pools were nice. Loved the tiki bar and restaurant and the movies. Did not have a problem with elevators and we stayed on the 14th floor. Rented from a very nice owner, who also gave great restaurant suggestions. Would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Use vbro.com.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed almost the entire month of Fe 2014. We looked at about 10 different Condo complexes why we were there in Feb,Tidewater had the nicest fitness center. Sometimes it was like having your own private complete health club to your self. Steam sauna,showers,indoor pool,cardio equipment,towels.
We VRBOed a one bedroom which was just fine. 17th Floor. Tidewater is in a nice location,close to Pier Park, Winn Dixie. A lot depends on the time of year you stay here. Elevators were were slow at times,but we just went to another elevator. In the peak season elevators would be a problem in any high rise 30 floor complex,I don't care where you are.As stated in other reviews,a lot depends on the room assigned.Some units have been updated ,some have not.We were lucky. Where else can I stay right on the Gulf,for just under a 1000$/ month in Feb in the Florida Panhandle? There is a trolley Mon-Sat that we rode to the East end,down to the Walmart Parking lot(Pineapple Willy's Area) for 1.50 round trip.
As far as the brown water goes,just walk 50 yards to the east and you are away from it.
There are so many condos your choices are almost endless.Tidewater worked for us mainly because of the Fitness center.Bad weather,we just went to the health club and watched the waves roll in while working out on the equipment. I would return and take my chances on the room. I would not stay in a high rise in the peak season unless I was on the third floor or lower.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
East Setauket, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

It really depends on what you are used to when you travel. The elevators are a nightmare!!! You will have difficulty getting up to your room and down to the lobby at all times. If it rains while you are at this resort, brown water from a huge pipe just to the east of the hotel, will completely permeate the beach water in front of the entire resort. The staff is essentially not interested in the guests, you are on your own. By the way, if it rains hard, the entire area gets flooded. The accommodations depend on the owner of your particular room, some are better than others. Good luck, your gonna need it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I needed a little get away. I got way more than that. This place is amazing. When I arrived, everything was ready for me. Had a fully equipped kitchen with lots and lots of room. I had such a great time here. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

My stay at the Tidewater was a luxurious time. The suite that I stayed in was so nice. It was clean, had everything we needed, and the balcony was, I was speechless. A few problems though. For all the elevators they had, they were slower than a turtle. They could make them a little faster. But other than that, it was an amazing stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Peterborough, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

We are currently in unit 2802. Unfortunately, we are disappointed. When we arrived, the unit was not very clean. We called Resort Quest, and they came and shampooed the carpets. Now my thinking is, if you are charging a cleaning g fee, you better make sure the unit is cleaned before guests arrive. They must wear blinders. Kitchen poorly equipped, not enough cutlery. Now if Resort quest has their name on the rental they should maintain a certain standard. I don't know who the owner is, I deal with Resort Quest. Now to the elevators, the HOA mgr blamed the fog and rain, I am sceptical. The issue seems to be resolved as of today. I don't believe we will be staying at Tidewater next winter. Building is starting to look tired and neglected.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Tidewater Beach Resort? Share your experiences!