“Not so satisfied” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tidewater Beach Resort

You added Tidewater Beach Resort to your Saves list
Tidewater Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   16819 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Salem, Ky
“Not so satisfied”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed at Tidewater July 19th thru July 23rd, 2013. Had stayed there before and always been well satisfied. This time, however, was a different story. Condo was nice. Elevators was horrible! Felt virtually trapped in condo because the wait for the elevators was horrible. And if you did happen to get on one was always crowded. Was told by another person that if you held the ground button it wouldn't stop to let others on. Just to check this out we did this on one of the front three elevators once and it worked. A tidewater employee said it wouldn't but it did. Also, when we complained to an employee, she said " I hear this all the time." For what I paid for a 3 bedroom condo during prime time I expected better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family of 5 stayed at the Tide Water for 4 nights. We had a discounted rate because we had to change rooms after 2 nights. We started in unit 1107. It was great. We then moved to 2015 which we did not like as well. It was plenty big enough, but not quite as clean, although not bad either. It did have a bigger balcony which was nice! The move went smooth & of course we weren't charged extra for staying in our old unit past checkout, until next unit was ready  Most all the reviews mention the slow elevators. They are slow, but not horrific or anything. There are elevators for the condo floors as well as parking garage elevators every time you leave in vehicle. Free movie rentals. Wi-Fi a bit slow.  Front desk attendant nice to us. They have quite a lot of beach chairs, however all booked all the time. We could go down though & they would still let us sit at one because they said people come down to beach for awhile & then leave. We usually go to Ft. Walton/Destin area so this was a little bit different. Tide Water is a bigger condo than we usually stay in. It's like a 30-31 floor building. Beach was very very busy! 2 outdoor pools & 1 indoor that were all pretty busy.  We ate one night at Liza's & although I think I would rather eat some place else, the food was good & waiter nice.  Not too pricy for a family on a budget.  Overall it was a pretty typical Gulf stay & we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Lafayette, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My fam. and I went the wk before the 4th of July. We looked at a couple of other places that were older and dirtier before we decided to shell out the money for a condo. we were in 507. The check in ladies were all nice, they let us go up and see the room( I always ask to do this so I know what I am getting) and even gave us a discount on the room(I had a code for so much off but it wouldn't work in the computer so she gave me one anyway). Yes the elevator is a pain, but we didn't mind the stairs, most of the time the elevator didn't take to long. I did here some first hand accounts of people getting stuck in them. The room was super clean. I went over the common surfaces of the kitchen, living and bathrooms with Clorox wipes and found no dirt!! the floors were clean too. No black feet from the floors on me or my family. They provided a starter pack of dish soap, paper towels, and laundry soap, but you need to bring or be ready to buy some more if you stay for more than a couple days. The free chairs and umbrella is nice, but I never understood why people were in line waiting at 6am to get a "good" spot. the entire front row is for paying customers, the free ones are 2nd row and back. People its just a chair!! the 3 pools were all nice and clean, so was the gym (it got all new equipment while we were there!) we did use the free dvd rentals and the kids liked that and the movies were new releases. The only problem we had was the stinch. on the first 2 days the smell in the morning was so bad you could not open the balcony door. Some said it was the trash shute but we smelled it all the way up to the pier. we just thought it was the bay across the road. The second problem was the A/C went down building wide but it was a easy fix to reset it myself, after we finally tracked down how to do it. The water was bad with seaweed and algea. We spent most of our time in St. Andrews park. No one was rude. Every morning someone was cleaning the beach area outside of the hotel. BUT you do have to watch for people spitting from the balconies. it happened every time we went down to the beach. (even more reason we swam at St. Andrews and not our hotel.) we will come back to PCB but we will find a condo closer to the state park.

Room Tip: Always ask to see your room!! we never make reservations and always always ask to see the room befor...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Smyrna, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed July 6-14, 2013 and will never stay there again. The walk way from the pool to the beach is so dirty. I watched the same trash for days. Cans, hairballs, food, Huge cockroaches, and clothes people leave behind just stay there. I never seen anyone cleaning!! The pool area between the hot tub and pool were slimy and moldy. My daughter slipped on the puddle of water. It was so nasty it was slick. The stairwell was dirty and any area on their property is not kept clean except the fitness area was gettting new carpet that week. Two elevators in the garage and one stayed broke and they FINALLY put a sign our second day saying the repair people were coming. Was still broke when we left 9 days later. The elevators in the resort stayed broken too. I have never seen a line to the elevators like I did there. On Saturdays there is line all through the cross over!! You won't believe your wait time. You will have plenty of time to look around and you won't like the nasty dirt and unkept area.There was no control there. Never seen anyone in charge. Trust me it is DIRTY!! Don't stay here. You will be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Get lower level because you WILL have to take the stairs. Elevators stay broke.
Granville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our condo unit was beautiful and well maintained. Luck of the draw due to each unit being a separate entity. The staff was inexperienced and not overly friendly but we didn't have to have much interaction. Check in was at an off time so few problems with us, however we saw firsthand some nightmares people were having. The elevators could have ruined the entire trip if we let it. We stayed on the 22nd floor, so the stairs weren't really an option. It would take us sometimes 45 minutes to get to and from condo to car in parking garage and vice versa. On several days a few of them simply weren't working. Most days the halls were so flooded with people trying to get to and from their rooms that you couldn't move freely. If you weren't on a floor that you could easily walk to, you couldn't get there in a hurry. That made running to the room quickly from the beach impossible. Once you were down, you pretty much had to plan to be there until you were done for the day. If you are comfortable with the individual you were renting from and knew your place was worth it, perhaps that would be enough for you. But if you were making a blind reservation, I say check elsewhere first.

Room Tip: The end units have more light and wrap around balconies, however if stairs are a problem for you, yo...
Pineville, Louisiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The condo unit was nice enough with a gorgeous view. The elevator wait was really as bad as most other reviews had indicated and caused a lot of guests to be very rude and impatient. Very few smiling faces in line, I might say. So going back here again would not be a consideration for me since I like to be happy, especially on my vacation.Also be very careful about those vendors with the banana boats. The operator of the jet ski gave us a ride from hell and my back is still hurting after five days. NEVER AGAIN........

Room Tip: Get a low floor so as not to depend solely on elevators.
Harrison, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Ok, we did like the unit we stayed in. Kudos to the owner. The view of the gulf was beautiful. BUT.... Tidewater itself, needs some work. If you check in (or try to check in) on Saturday, be prepared to wait 30-45 minutes for an elevator. To go up, or to go back down. This is in addition to waiting 45 minutes or an hour to get a luggage cart. They don't have enough. Checking in or checking out on Saturdays are horrible. Then they have a movie theatre. Why? I don't know, but they only have a movie on Saturday evening. No other time. Who can go to a movie when they're still trying to check in and unpack? Nobody. So then next time they show a movie, (which is the next Saturday), you're already checked out and headed home. We had a cargo carrier on top of our SUV and we couldn't drive through their parking garage because the clearance is so low. I asked the clerk at the front desk what we could do, she was very rude and said "you can park in the lot across the street but they charge you daily". They have no solution to people that have cargo carriers. Oh... and the WI-FI? Don't plan on using it. It's terrible, never works. I tried several different areas of the building too.
We obviously had some problems at Tidewater but the pools are great, the tiki bar is great, the little market/grocery thing they have is great (the girl that works in there is wonderful, should've gotten her name) and the location is great.

Room Tip: Get a room on floors 1-4 so that you don't have to use an elevator
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Tidewater Beach Resort? Share your experiences!