“Incredible views, amenities were great, close to everything in PCB” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tidewater Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Tidewater Beach Resort to your Saves list
Tidewater Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   16819 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
atlanta
“Incredible views, amenities were great, close to everything in PCB”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Unit #2901 was just the best penthouse suite I have ever rented. It is a corner unit so you could see 180+ degrees, down to Pier Park and the Pier, up the beach, great panaramic view. Exceptionally well furnished, I loved the deck furniture - great to sit out on the patio and watch all the activity on the beach. Amazingly large unit, easily fit the 10 people in our party, everything was fresh in the unit, the beds were clean and hard enough to provide good back support. Over-sized washer and dryer were perfect for clean-up with our large group.

Room Tip: We liked #2901 for the size and the penthouse view. I guess there are lots of large three bedrooms...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our stay was very affordable and family friendly. We would stay again. The location is perfect. I think negative reviews on here were more due to staying during a high traffic time than inadequate accommodations or poor service.

Room Tip: TW 606 was Great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
birmingham, alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've found that to be able to trust a traveler's review, you must know the standard accommodation that the traveler is accustomed to. I "grade" based on amenities in the room and at the hotel. I have high expectations for both.
For tidewater, I will say that it depends on what you're looking for and the particular unit that you rent. When I arrived to my room, I was disgusted by the decor. It seemed outdated and as if the owner really hadn't updated in years. I immediately called the front desk and was allowed to change rooms. The next room was much nicer and I was very satisfied. I couldn't believe that the first room was the same price as the second room. I would give Unit 2005 a grade of A.
As for property amenities, they have a couple of pools, but there is nothing at all special about them. No palm trees, tropical feel or great scenery. They have two small arcade rooms on site which is a plus for the kids. They also have a pub on site. The food was ok. Free internet is great. They have a fitness center with an array of machines. All in all, the property is ok. I would give it a low B. Nothing really special to draw you there. If you're looking for something more luxurious, this is not your stop. I enjoyed my trip, but I am sure that I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms that end in '05' are very close to the elevator. Not all master suites are gulf fr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Two couples stayed in Tidewater 1413 from 4/7 thru 4/13. Although the Resort was nice overall and we will return to the propery, we will never return to this particular unit based on its condition and the lack of response to our concerns by Panhandle Getaways, the property manager. Where do I begin? What a disappointment! In the guestroom attached bathroom, the sink drained extremely slowly and backed up during our entire stay. The sheets were too small for the bed and came loose every night. No mattress pad/cover, so by morning, you are lying on just the mattress. The ceiling fan/light is wired wrong. The switch controls the fan and the light at the same time. To have the fan on at night with the light off, you have to climb up on the bed to pull the little 3 inch chain. Same thing to have the light on and the fan off. No pull cords to the fan or the light. It needs to be re-wired to have the 2 of the 3 switches on the wall control the fan and light separately. Also, a light bulb on the ceiling fan was burned out in an already dark room with poor lighting. Although this is no big deal on the grand scheme of a vacation, we reported this issue with all the other problems to Panhandle Getaways assuming they would all be handled. We got there on Sunday. Called Panhandle Getaways and reported the above issues on Monday. No return call. Later that day, a maintenance guy came by while we were gone. The other couple was there. Guy asked if there was a "lightbulb problem". Looked at fixture, took the lightbulb, said he didn't have the right one and would be back. Never returned or heard from him again. Never "snaked" the sink or un-clogged the drain. No response to the fan/light. Called Panhandle Getaways back and, once again, had to leave a message. No return call or response. The purpose of this trip was to buy a condo. Before the trip, I would have used Panhandle to manage my property. Now, not only will I never use Panhandle to manage my property, I would never use them to book a condo again. Extremely poor customer service, communication and response. Very, very disappointed and embarrassed for the condo owner and the owner of this company.. Also, the TV in the Master bedroom does not work. This condo is not furnished properly, sheets don't fit the beds, bad furnishings, bad decor and bad design. It is clear that the owner does not visit this property often enough and does not care about the quality of the property management service being utilized.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just returned home from a week stay at Tidewater. Our unit was on the 6th floor and was very clean. A tote bag filled with goodies was waiting for us when we arrived. It was filled with toothpaste, paper towels, 3 rolls of toilet paper, laundry detergent, a sponge etc. When we ran out of trash bags, more were provided at the desk. The beds were so very comfy and clean! It was very quiet, even on the weekend of Atlanta's spring break!
Since this is the off season, we had no problem with the elevators or parking. We enjoyed the covered parking and the walk over, so nice on the day it rained.
The only negative I can come up with is the price of the chairs on the beach. I felt $25.00 a day was way too much, should be included in the room rental.

Room Tip: Lower floors are easier to get to and from with the elevator. I recommend #605.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Galveston, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a very nice resort, but be prepared to buy your own toilet paper,(we had 8 person unit, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and one roll of TP!) Kleenex, trash bags..... and there is no towel exchange, you must launder your own. For the quality of resort this is these small things are disappointing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at Tidewater Beach unit 1208 July 2012. We did not have to worry about checking in as we rented from a property manager who gave us the pass code for the unit. Yes welcome to Tidewater, looking for parking, luggage carts and then elevators. It is mayhem in its fineness. We have overlooked the wait for the luggage cart and elevator and have booked again.

The units are perfect with comfortable furniture, kitchen utensils, washer dryer, TV and a fantastic balcony. Only negative is that the beach chairs which may come fully paid for by the unit owners, or may cost you $130 for the week, are very close together. You are almost on top of each other. We did not go and use the pools or the sauna, and stayed mainly on the beach. Positive is that there is a bar at the outdoor pool if you wish for a cocktail on the beach.

We ate in for most of our meals, with the grocery store nearby. The people are very friendly and if you travel with teenagers they will make lots of friends.

Be patient with the elevators and you will have a wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tidewater Beach Resort? Share your experiences!