“Better than New Orleans Cafe DuMonde” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Orfordville, Wisconsin
“Better than New Orleans Cafe DuMonde”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stopped here for the beignets one rainy afternoon........ended up enjoying the delicious beignets and a fun talk with the cafe's friendly owner who came out to the dining area to check and see if the diners were enjoying their food. It is a small cafe along Hwy 98, and you need to look for the sign...it won't jump out at you. The cafe is very clean and somewhat sparse as far as furnishings and decor. The waitress was young and friendly, the service was quick, and the beignets were large, plump, hot and delicious (better than Cafe Du Monde). The coffee was good and refills were readily given. I cannot speak to the other items on the menu, but a couple eating next to us were served muffalettas that were impressively large which they said they were good. I know we will certainly return again to try other menu items, and of course more beignets! It's such a pleasure to be treated as a special guest rather than just another "visitor" when enjoying local eateries.

• Visited February 2013

Panama City Beach, Florida
“sweel side of New Orleans in Panama City Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I first experienced their bignets while wintering in PCB 2 years ago. I won't come back without at least one visit. The bignets are as good as Cafe Du Monde in NO. This trip I embibed on the shrimp po-boys, which are as good as any I've eaten in NO. The Davids get their french bread from Gambini Bakery in NO. Add on a little catsup and some Crystal Hot and you have a culinary delight.
Uh um good!!

• Visited February 2013
Bloomington IL
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Food was great and staff was friendly. I had never had New Orleans style sno-balls before and they were great! Will be going back next time we are in PCB.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brookfield, MO
“YUMMY!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is our first visit to Panama City Beach, but I had been reading reviews and knew that I wanted to eat at David's New Orleans Style Sno-Balls! So, on our first full day here, we arrived promptly at noon. I ordered the muffaletta which was even more delicious than I expected and absolutely HUGE....and my husband had an amazing shrimp po-boy. We topped off our meal with warm, luscious beignets!!! We were stuffed and waddled out with enough muffaletta for our lunch the next day. We plan on going back again and trying the Sno-Ball. I would definitely recommend that you try this delightful little cafe!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Brockton, Alabama, United States
“WONDERFUL!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The food was absolutely AMAZING, the staff were very friendly, and the enviroment was very open and everytime I go here I cannot help but smile!

Visited September 2012