“Incredibly attentive waiter, good table, overpriced food was just OK” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Margaritaville

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Best of the Bay First Place winner for best lunch, dinner and live music venue! Designed like the great old beach hang outs that once populated the Gulf Coast, Margaritaville Panama City, is located in Pier Park, the only entertainment and shopping complex on the beach. With upper and lower decks overlooking the Gulf it's the perfect blend of ocean breezes, great food, generous drinks and Beach Party Music. The island-inspired menu offers something for everyone with classic American and Gulf Coast favorites.
Ethridge, Tennessee
“Incredibly attentive waiter, good table, overpriced food was just OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

2 stars for the overpriced food and drinks. 5 stars for our waiter and our view. That comes out to about 4 stars overall. The hostess took us to the exact table I hoped she would: a railside table with a beach view. You are not sitting on the beach but across the street from it, and you get to watch cars and pedestrians and dogs: in late February, these are mostly old folks like myself trying to cram all the fun in before the Spring Breakers come down and tear up anything and everything in sight and make everybody as miserable as they possibly can. Our waiter was incredibly attentive. He came up to us about every 2-3 minutes to make sure we needed anything and was eager to make conversation. I ordered a Bama Breeze, and he asked for me to take my ID out of my wallet and studied every single line very thoroughly. He put our food in our take-out boxes for us when most of the time waiters/waitresses dump the boxes on the table for us to do it ourselves. My mother absolutely adored him. Our food was bleh, sad to say. The Volcano Nachos are HUGE, to put it mildly. We had to get most of them to go and of course they are soggy by the time you get ready to eat them back at your hotel. But while they sat bigger than life on our table in the joint they tasted just fine, had everything on them. My mother got a chicken caesar salad and could not finish it and got it to go, and ended up throwing away what was in her take-out box.I got a Cheeseburger in Paradise and fries. The fries were fine. The burger was average. I got most of it to go and ended up throwing it away, too. The Bama Breeze, which is something like rum and orange juice and coconut, was not that good. We paid over $60 for two meals, nachos, and one alcoholic drink, and I thought that was really high. Even on Sanibel Island we didn't pay that much for meals. And this was lunch. I reckon we would give Jimmy's place a 2nd chance, but I would skip those nachos unless you make that your meal.

Visited February 2014
CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
RootlessRoamer - Thanks to you and your mom for visiting! We appreciate all of your valuable feedback and will share your comments with the team. While we are happy you liked our attentive service and views, we do apologize for missing your mark on the food and drinks. We want our guests to always have an all-around amazing experience, so we're on it! We hope you come back to see us the next time you're in the area.

Webster, New York
“Enjoyed our visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was my second visit to a Margaritaville (the first was elsewhere). We were seated promptly. The restaurant was spacious and clean. The décor was imaginative (what you would expect from a theme restaurant.

Our server was attentive, particularly to my 18 month-old grandson. I had the Jambalaya; it was tasty without being overbearingly spicy.

I would return if I was in the area again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Carl S - Thank you for returning to Margaritaville! We are thrilled the entire family, even your grandson, had a great experience with our food and service. We do hope to see you again soon!

Pentwater, Michigan, United States
“Service? Maybe it was trainees day???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We look forward to coming here every year, but this year was a bummer. On Feb 18, 2014, the "greeter" at the entrance just stood there until we asked him if we seat ourselves or what, then he motioned that there were seats "over there". After waiting 20 minutes at our table, with no waitress in sight, the bartender came over and waited on us, since she noticed no one had attended to us. No eye contact from any of the servers, and it was only the bartender "Dallas" that saved us. Margarita flight was interesting, but would have liked to know what each flavor was. Crab Mushroom Dip was good, but we decided not to stay for a meal. We did talk w/ manager, but overall not a pleasant experience. Service/ atmosphere really seemed disjointed and certainly not the fun place we usually expect. Will find another beach restaurant ...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Seabrush - It is very upsetting to hear we failed to exceed your expectations on your most recent visit. The service and atmosphere you describe here to not meet our high standards and we are very sorry. Your comments will be addressed.

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Sit on porch overlook Gulf; Margarita flight of 4! Wastin away.....and better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I had chicken tinga tacos. I got a side of fresh lime slaw. Our waiter gave me guacamole. The Louis Wedge Salad was crisp & cold that my friend had. When I go back, I am doing the margarita flight then Banana Bread pudding near sundown. We checked 2 outdoor places nearby. We saw few diner's & no servers. At Jimmy's we were greeted, seated, wined and dined. What else can I say?

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Travelartgolf - Thank you! We are so pleased this is the experience you had from start to finish. Your review made us hungry! We appreciate you and look forward to seeing you back for a margarita flight and dessert on our porch!

Kentucky
“Food was good, but a bit overpriced!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Have visited this restaurant a few times. The food is good, but somewhat over-priced in my opinion. Location must be considered however, as they are located at entrance to Pier Park with an awesome view of the Gulf. Not a bad choice if you are wanting to eat near Pier Park.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
1965stang - Thank you for all your visits! We are happy our tasty food, prime location and amazing views of the Gulf keep you coming back. We will share all of your feedback with our team and we hope to see you again soon.