“Very clean- no wifi, security, or comfortable beds” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Panama Beach Resort

You added Grand Panama Beach Resort to your Saves list
Grand Panama Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   11800/11807 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Franklin, Kentucky, United States
“Very clean- no wifi, security, or comfortable beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We booked through a third party so we didn't know what room we had till we got there. I was very pleasantly surprised. We were on the second floor, gulf front. Even though we were only on the second floor we still had a beautiful view of the ocean. The rooms were very clean. The master bathroom was Awesome but the beds were like sleeping on bricks so uncomfortable! Now for the negative, because that's what we all focus on.....the wifi was HORRIBLE! I called the front desk to ask what the code for the wifi was and was extremely disappointed when they told me they only offer wifi in tower 2 and at the pool?!!! I paid a lot of money and couldn't get wifi? I am one of those people that have to work on vacation ( so I can still afford expensive vacations like this again) and I had to go down to the pool area to work just to get wifi. I could barely pick up the pool wifi from our balcony since we were practically over the pool but even then it was shotty. Also, the tiki bar was closed 5 days out of our 7 day visit. I was told because it was September and "outta season" they didn't make a profit if he opened everyday....I get this but again I spent a lot of money there having been told there was wifi and a bar. Also security was not very good. I never saw a resort worker unless I went to tower 2. Anybody could just walk in. Otherwise my vacation was great but the worry for security and the lack of wifi did keep me stressed on my vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom D, VP of Operations Emerald View Resorts at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Please take a minute and give me a call. I’d appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Call Emerald View Resorts direct: 1-850-249-1244 then press 2 - just ask for Tom Donohue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Destin, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Panama in April 2013 and had a great condo. There were multiple dents in the stainless steel refrigerator door and the couch had a funky smell on the pillows, but we just threw them on the floor and enjoyed our stay. The condo was lovely and had a great view. Our problems started when we left. About 2 weeks later, we noticed a charge for $75. My husband called and found out it was for carpet cleaning. The condo barley had any carpet and we never spilled anything on the floor. (I had read on trip advisors of others being falsely charge for carpet cleaning after they left). Management agreed to take the charge off. In August we noticed another charge for $39 from the Grand Panama. We were livid. My husband called and was assured the charge would be taken off. Apparently the tiki bar credit card machine was randomly charging former guests and they were trying to take care of the problem. Two weeks later we still hadn't gotten a credit on our account. I called back and was told that we needed to call our bank to dispute the charge. We tried to tell the accountant that this was not our problem and they should be taking care of this on their end. This was the 3rd time we've had to call about one of the bogus charges and it was taking up a lot of time. I hung up and called my bank. I got through to a person who then tried to call the bank's dispute department. She came back on the line and said it would be about a 30 minute wait because they were so busy. Did I want to wait? No. She told me to go online to dispute the charge, which I did. However the banks' link for disputes is not working. So, here I am a month later with no refund and the run around. I feel like this is an issue for the Grand Panama to take care of and make right but they take no responsibility and claim it's the vendor that runs their credit cards fault. I live 50 miles away in Destin and we frequently have functions in PC Beach but we will no longer stay at Grand Panama despite how much we enjoyed our visit. They seem to be out for the mighty buck.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tom D, VP of Operations at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback. I’d love the opportunity to talk to you about this, please call me directly at 850-329-0477 ext. 2. All of our units are inspected after every cleaning for damages and spills on the carpet, photographed and documented in writing. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the glitch in our credit card system. The charges on the credit cards are for charges made at our Tiki bar. These charges have to be disputed through your bank and/or Credit Card Company and will be refunded or receipts provided to substantiate the charges.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We arrived 8/23 and left 8/26. The condo was clean, well kept, completely well furnished with all you would expect from the reports of others.

It was quiet and the view, even though not a straight ocean view, was just right. Mostly ocean view with the coastal view mixed in.

Room Tip: I'd recommend you go with what you can afford because it's really a first class high rise an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom D, General Manager at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write the nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return in the future.
Viera, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I rented a condo on the second floor overlooking the pool. The condo was awesome as was the owner with the booking process and I would rent here again. The only negative that I would say was the front of the building is not secure. I would have liked to,have to use a key to get into the building as anyone can just walk in anytime. Everything else went very well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing the nice review. We appreciate your staying with us and hope that you will return in the future.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This property was everything we expected and more. Pay extra for the penthouse, it's totally worth it. The large spacious condo was in great shape and extremely well equipped. We so much enjoyed the kitchen and eating together at the dining table that we never once went out to eat. There is a fantastic view and very easy access to the beach. Parking was a breeze and close to the elevator. The staff was excellent, from the very helpful persons on the phone when I had questions prior to arrival to Rebekah who took care of everything when we checked in. She had it all ready, checked us in and answered all our questions accurately. Rebekah even helped reserve our next stay a Grand Panama. I don't normally stay at the same place twice but this gem deserves a repeat stay.

Room Tip: Stay in tower 2, ocean view. You will get both ocean and city view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write the nice review. We appreciate the fact that you choose to stay with us and look forward to your returning in the future.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Bad - Upon arrival - no place to park, and front desk attendant did not explain parking location, which was across the street - she seemed more interested in shooing us away than helping. Condo was nice, but for the amount of money we paid - it should have been much nicer. Carpet was dirty, needed steam cleaning badly, walls were scuffed in almost every room, bathroom towel rack was ripped off wall in master, 2 nights we had drive around for a parking spot, and talked to security who informed us to park in a handicap, when looking out our hotel room we saw a huge puddle of what looked like dark dirty water - draining straight into the ocean. When I called the front desk to talk about some of these things, they said it was OK, we could expect "normal wear and tare" to the condo. Sorry, but this was beyond normal wear, it literally looked like someone spilled stuff and just left it in more than one location, and walls had not been cleaned or wiped down - ever. The bed in the master was very low quality, mattresses were very hard, took about 3 nights to adjust. We were in a Suburban and parking was very tight, not easy to navigate, and not enough spots available, many cars were double parked. To say the least - I was not pleased with the services and amenities at this location. Sorry, but no second chance for this location from this family.

The good - it was quiet at night, location on 98 was ideal, views were beautiful - as long as you looked to the right.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom D, General Manager at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for providing us your feedback. I would truly appreciate it if you would take a minute to call me and discuss your stay. 850-249-1244 ext. 2 ask for Tom.
Dickson, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was my second stay at the Grand Panama as my first stay was quite nice. Upon my arrival, I noticed many people at the front desk and were quite angry at the staff for many different reasons. I checked in and went to my room to find that we had no towels, wash cloths, or hand towels for the master suite and not enough to spare from the other two bedrooms. I contacted the front desk over three times begging for additional towels and was given a different excuse each time. It required my going to the front desk and threatening to contact the general manager (who never bothered to return my calls) just to get towels. They were rude throughout the experience. Also, the gentleman running the chair rentals there cursed and was quite vulgar with my group. I stayed here in June and am now (in August) getting charges applied to my bank card for (purchases accidentally never charged in June at the Tiki Bar?) Beware. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
We are sorry you experienced difficulties while stay with us. We have talked to the beach chair rentals manager to ensure that will not happen again in the future.We did experience a glitch in the computer system that delayed the charging to the credit cards for services received while you were her in June and apologize for the inconvenience. We do appreciate you staying with us and hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed you expectations.

Been to Grand Panama Beach Resort? Share your experiences!