“5 nights in March” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Panama Beach Resort

You added Grand Panama Beach Resort to your Saves list
Grand Panama Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   11800/11807 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“5 nights in March”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed at the Grand Panama In March for 5 days. This property is in a great location and offers a lot of onsite amenities for people who choose to stay there.

I stayed in a two bedroom condo with two washrooms. The master bedroom had a king size bed, as well as a huge walk in washroom. The living room although small did the job and was well appointed. The kitchen comes with stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. You also have a dinning room table you can eat at if you choose to.

The balcony was pretty big and offered comfortable loungers on it. I do believe the couch in the living room was a pullout couch and this room also offered two bunk beds and onsite laundry.

If you want to spend a bit of extra money and are looking for a nicer property in PCB this is a good choice.

Room Tip: If you are staying for Spring Break ask for rooms far away from elevator for less noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
GrandPanama, General Manager at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us and hope that you will return soon to continue to build fond memories.

Tom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Grand Panama is a beautiful and relaxing hotel. More amenities than you will ever need while on vacation. The pool and tiki bar area are very well maintained and all of the staff are extremely friendly. Although security is one of their main concerns during this hectic time of the year, you cant even get into the building without your wristbands even if you both have a room key, during our stay at the Grand Panama we had to find out the hard way that there are NO SECURITY CAMERAS in any of the 5 floors of the parking deck. Friday morning as we were walking to get into our truck my boyfriend noticed in credit card sized letters "FU" CARVED INTO the driver’s side door. We filed a police report for insurance purposes but since there are no security cameras nothing could be done for us. Be cautious if you drive a nice vehicle and park in a well-lit area outside!
I rate AVERAGE because I would expect this from a much more inexpensive hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was sorry to hear about what happened to the truck and we are implementing measures to help prevent this to happening to others in the future.

Tom
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I have been coming to Panama City Beach in the winter time for years. A friend suggested that I stay at Grand Panama, so we stayed for February. I was blown away by how amazing this resort is, not only was my condo beautiful, the staff is some of the best I have ever encountered. They went above and beyond! A young and polite man named Tyler will help with anything from where to eat, to help finding my mail, and the manager Jennifer is a beautiful young lady who is always friendly and took time out of her day to discuss the super bowl with me. I am not sure what or how they do it, but it's obvious from the perfection of the resort, to the energy of the staff that Grand Panama Beach Resort is the only place to stay!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Be very careful with bookit.com. Hidden fees. This place is spectacular. I visited several resorts in the area and this is the best. Rooms spotless. Impeccable facilities. What bothered me was that on arrival at the resort I was charged to my credit card a fee of $ 145 because of bookit.com. The receptionist was very friendly and showed me why I had been charged this extra fee. For that reason I do not recommend bookit.com Be very careful with this company. Make click on the terms and conditions first and read them all before falling into the trap of their "super deals". I recommend you better make your reservation through expedia.com or by calling the resort directly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

We stay in Grand Panama Beach Resort for one week of family vacation.The beach is so private its unbelievable. Very clean with allot of amenities upscale resort.After compare GP to others in Panama City Beach we purchased two bedroom unit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

If you want to stay at a very clean and posh resort this is our place. The most beautiful beaches in the US are right here. The beach is so private its unbelievable. You are right in the middle of everything but on your own island.

Room Tip: 308 has the perfect balcony to see everything but not have to hear all the activity in the pool. The...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I recommend the Grand Panama Beach Resort to anyone that wants the feel of home while on vacation. The location is on the quieter end of Front Beach Road which made our stay more relaxing. Check-in along with check-out was 5 minutes or less. The condo was stocked with plenty of linens for our four night stay along with ample cookware, eating and cooking utensils, and dishes. The condo was SPOTLESS!!! We stayed in Tower 2, which is across from the beach, with a perfect view of the beach. Our only complaint was the business center is not a "true" business center. You might get lucky and have a condo with Wi-Fi connection without needing a password from a condo owner. Unfortunately, we were not that lucky and were unable to use our laptop in the condo. The business center does have Wi-Fi, but does not have any desk top computers or printers for those that need these items. The business center consists of a large room with a desk and a couple of table and chairs. Wi-Fi is available in common areas as pools, business center, and lobbies. Otherwise, for this slight inconvenience this trip to PCB was the most comfortable stay that my husband and I have had on our numerous trips to PCB, FL. We will be going back to this location for the feel of home while on vacation.

Room Tip: If you would like to use a laptop in a condo I recommend bringing a wireless internet connect card.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Panama Beach Resort? Share your experiences!